• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd and 1, not only do you not run, you have your QB do a five step drop out of the shotgun!! The ball was on the 36 to start the play, and Ryan is on the 25 after his drop back (where he also gets hit). How the fuck do you call that play?

3rd and 1, not only do you not run, you have your QB do a five step drop out of the shotgun!! The ball was on the 36 to start the play, and Ryan is on the 25 after his drop back (where he also gets hit). How the fuck do you call that play?
Shanny's fatal flaw finally came up at the worst time..

He decided to be cute..

Maybe Brady should go for ten rings. Why not?
I mean.. the state of the AFC by and large may allow that.. at least until Father Time comes for Tom.

Duxxy3

Priority for the offseason is to drop gostkowski asap. Dude almost cost us yet another big game, lucked out on those 2 or conversions.

So fucking happy for Bennett and long. Love when guys get the ring they were seeking.

Saw it posted before, and have said this over and over... Blount is fucking terrible. I got some crazy looks for saying I miss green Ellis, but the guy never hesitated. The early 3rd and 1 I knew blount couldn't get it, he is too slow to get going. He's not as good in those close yardage situations as people think given his size, his strength is after the pass game is cooking and the defense is spread out, then he can try to actually get his speed and go, which at that point he's tough to stop, but even when he snaps off the big ones occasionally his ypc is still awful. He reminds me of Maroney so much.

Also Malcolm Mitchell is awesome.

Bill loves Blount because he doesn't fumble. Well... he mostly doesn't fumble.

I think this is the end of the road for Blount. He's over 30 and this draft is incredibly deep at running back.

YkZ8q5g.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did we ever get bionic to comment on how the game became all Pats after the Switch commercial?

Is bionic a fraud or the biggest fraud?

Jarnet87

Tampa will let him walk?

And if Crow doesn't resign with Cleveland.. If they decide to ditch Blount and not draft Caf or any other running back, Crow should be who they call

The failed drug test lets them off the hook for the guaranteed money, and Doug has been widely inconsistent. I would keep him and not spend big money or a high draft pick on a back but i think he is gone.

Did we ever get bionic to comment on how the game became all Pats after the Switch commercial?

Is bionic a fraud or the biggest fraud?

I tried to warn you guys. The moment he threw a fit when I pointed out that Dark Knight Rises is a complete piece of shit I knew that Bionic was a fraud. Switch proved once again that it does not bring salvation, but destruction and torment.

You guys still talking about the Super Bowl?

That was ages ago. I thought we moved on from that?

Yeah. Anyone who is anyone is headed to the CFL thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1310694

The failed drug test lets them off the hook for the guaranteed money, and Doug has been widely inconsistent. I would keep him and not spend big money or a high draft pick on a back but i think he is gone.
Malik is going to be gone by the time Tampa picks.. if you want safety help, Peppers may be the pick?

He would be perfect there rather than cornerback since he isn't as good at man coverage. Lewis was the best corner for Michigan. God the DB class is deep in this draft. Ridiculously so

I hope not. I have this nagging fear that he'll play a lot of slot instead of actually running the ball. I don't want a first round slot receiver.
Assuming Fournette and Cook are gone with the reasonable assumption Bill not trading up..

Then the Pats can look at Caf or Freeman from Texas I guess

effzee

While I am no longer surprised by the Pats I am stunned how the Falcons let this slip.

If this was the Eagles who let this happen I would be on suicide watch.

Football sucks.

Pepiope

While I am no longer surprised by the Pats I am stunned how the Falcons let this slip.

If this was the Eagles who let this happen I would be on suicide watch.

Football sucks.
Ryan looked like an inexperienced rookie QB with his decision making late in that game.

I need to see Wentz in some playoff action next season.

LJ11

Listen, I would have run too, but their protection should have been perfect, deep drop be damned. Pats knew it was a pass because of how wide Freeman was, but he had the best possible angle to stop Hightower from doing anything, unfortunately he whiffed. Actually now that I typed that out, maybe freeman was too wide, it's hard as fuck to hear, and you're asking the RB to key like an OL, he was late off the snap. Freeman has to look inside to see if the snap is off, his head/eyes are in the middle of the OL. What a disaster, fluke ass game.

Sephzilla

So, you know how frustrating it was to watch Atlanta jump out to a big lead and then let off the gas in the second half and let New England back into the Super Bowl? Welcome to what it's like watching Packer games. McCarthy does the same shit any time he gets a lead.

Tom Penny

Were is my epic Bionic Post. Brady is simply the GOAT. No other QB is expected to throw 50 times in games and win except for him and he's the only one that gets it done. Everyone else implodes and loses. He has more playoff wins having to do that than every single QB in NFL history combined...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So, you know how frustrating it was to watch Atlanta jump out to a big lead and then let off the gas in the second half and let New England back into the Super Bowl? Welcome to what it's like watching Packer games. McCarthy does the same shit any time he gets a lead.

It was the perfect Packer game if I ever saw one.

I wish Rodgers could count on the following happening with our defense:

C39HH9yUYAAnlwJ.jpg:large

That's the defense of a team that picks usually even lower than the Packers do in the draft. Cheaters or not, that is unfathomable in this league. I couldn't be more jealous right now.

RBH

I don't even know what to say this morning.

I had been listening to Atlanta sports radio every day on the way to and from work over the previous two weeks, watched and read every Super Bowl-related thing I could get my hands on, just doing everything I could to soak it in. I got my schedule changed so that I could be off from work for the Super Bowl, then I worked a night shift (8pm-8am) in the ICU the night before the Super Bowl, then drove straight from the hospital to the airport in the morning and flew down to Atlanta to watch the game with my family. I was dead tired, but excited as hell at the same time to have this opportunity, and I wasn't going to miss it.

But that loss last night was the most Atlanta thing ever. Even when we were up 28-3 and some people at our Super Bowl party were proclaiming the game over, I didn't assume anything and kept my emotions in check because I know better as an Atlanta sports fan. Hell, that's a big reason why I rarely post during games.

I'm just completely spent. I've been through so many disappointments as an Atlanta sports fan over the years, but this is easily the saddest moment of all. The car ride back home was absolutely miserable. The Falcons hosts on the radio sounded like they were on the verge of tears.

This is going to hurt for a long long time.

A coin flip decided the biggest football game. Did I see that right? When the coin landed heads the crowd went nuts and I couldnt believe it...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I had been listening to Atlanta sports radio every day on the way to and from work over the previous two weeks, watched and read every Super Bowl-related thing I could get my hands on, just doing everything I could to soak it in. I got my schedule changed so that I could be off from work for the Super Bowl, then I worked a night shift (8pm-8am) in the ICU the night before the Super Bowl, then drove straight from the hospital to the airport in the morning and flew down to Atlanta to watch the game with my family. I was dead tired, but excited as hell at the same time to have this opportunity, and I wasn't going to miss it.

But that loss last night was the most Atlanta thing ever. Even when we were up 28-3 and some people at our Super Bowl party were proclaiming the game over, I didn't assume anything and kept my emotions in check because I know better as an Atlanta sports fan. Hell, that's a big reason why I rarely post during games.

I'm just completely spent. I've been through so many disappointments as an Atlanta sports fan over the years, but this is easily the saddest moment of all. The car ride back home was absolutely miserable. The Falcons hosts on the radio sounded like they were on the verge of tears.

Sorry friend, I wish I could say that you guys will be there next year but this kind of loss ruins a team.

If I were in your shoes, I'd contemplate putting away all my sports memorabilia in a box for a while until I was ready to think about it again. I stuffed away all my Packers gear for about two months after the 2014 NFCCG....every time I even saw a Packers logo I'd get that sour feeling in my stomach followed by a slight flash of anger.

Sports fucking suck.

dionysus

Yaldog
Amazing performance being down 28-3 from the Patriots. Congrats Patriot GAF. Patriots are just mentally tough.

The other half of the equation leading to the Pats winning is the horrible second half of the Falcons. I don't blame the defense at all, they did great the first half but the time of possession killed them late in the game. The offense though, to me, it is all on the OC and HC. There were a lot of WTF are they doing moments, but to me the most egregious was the drive after Julio's amazing catch when a field goal would have won them the game and they end up getting sacks and penalties that make it 4th and 33 when they started in field goal range. Ryan said in the after game briefing that they have been aggressive all year and they weren't going to change. In general, I agree, turtling has cost many team a lead. But being aggressive hadn't work all 3rd and 4th quarter and a field goal guarantees the win. You got to be aware of the situation!

Sanjuro

Know those feels.

I've mentioned this before, but I kind of miss those feels in a way. It was very different around here growing up. Basically loserville. 2003 Sox was the last time I felt anything like that.

Sephzilla

Also, I again say Matt Ryan hasn't earned his Matty Ice nickname.

It was the perfect Packer game if I ever saw one.

I wish Rodgers could count on the following happening with our defense:

C39HH9yUYAAnlwJ.jpg:large

That's the defense of a team that picks usually even lower than the Packers do in the draft. Cheaters or not, that is unfathomable in this league. I couldn't be more jealous right now.

As much as I hate the Patriots I'm sick of hearing the cheater stuff used to negate literally everything they've done. They haven't gone to seven Super Bowls simply because they watched a VHS tape of practice or because they used some slightly deflated balls. Belichick is legit and I'd take him as a coach in a heartbeat. And yeah, the second half of the Super Bowl was straight up like watching a McCarthy Packer game.

I'm sorry friend RBH. I can slightly relate to how you're feeling right now since the Seattle NFC Championship game is still fresh in my memory. I'm not even an Atlanta fan and even I'm still in shock.

Sanjuro

A coin flip decided the biggest football game. Did I see that right? When the coin landed heads the crowd went nuts and I couldnt believe it...

Atlanta was almost the first team to win two coin tosses in one Super Bowl. It would have been a record for the ages.

dionysus

Yaldog
Amazing performance being down 28-3 from the Patriots. Congrats Patriot GAF. Patriots are just amazingling mentally tough.

The other half of the equation leading to the Pats winning is the horrible second half of the Falcons. I don't blame the defense at all, they did great the first half but the time of possession killed them late in the game. The offense though, to me, it is all on the OC and HC. There were a lot of WTF are they doing moments, but to me the most egregious was the drive after Julio's amazing catch when a field goal would have won them the game and they end up getting sacks and penalties that make it 4th and 33 when they started in field goal range. Ryan said in the after game briefing that they have been aggressive all year and they weren't going to change. In general, I agree, turtling has cost many team a lead. But being aggressive hadn't work all 3rd and 4th quarter and a field goal guarantees the win. You got to be aware of the situation!

To me, that is a much worse play call than what the Seahawks did on the 1 yard line vs. the Patriots. A run in that situation doesn't guarantee a win, so a case can be made for a pass since the D would be expecting a run. In this situation, they basically could have kicked a field goal on first down and won the damn game. But 3 runs would have burned time so even better!

I'm sorry friend..

Duxxy3

No you didn't. Falcons had plenty of opportunities in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach, and they failed.

Tom Penny

Sorry mang. You never get over it. You just hope it fades by never watching a god damn thing about the game ever.

dionysus

Yaldog

At least your QB didn't refuse to try to get a fumble recovery in the Superbowl and probably lose the respect of his teammates because of it.

Hindl

All I could think about was the Eagles coming back down 31-10 and scoring 28 straight in regulation back in 2010. I knew it wasn't over :(

Im upset I was right.

Same thing I was thinking. I was watching it with a ton of Pats fans, only non-fan there. And they were getting all depressed and shit and the whole time I just kept saying there's plenty of time left. And that 2010 game was the only thing I could think about. I even specifically brought it up to them. Once they scored that first TD I knew it was going to be a repeat and the Pats would come back

Sephzilla

I do hope this Super Bowl finally gets the NFL to do away with the current format for over time though and adopt something closer to college. The MVP of the league never getting to set foot on the field in OT of the biggest game of the year is kind of unacceptable and both teams should be able to get their offense and defense onto the field at least once.

Duxxy3

Amazing how little time the Falcons offense took off the clock in that fourth quarter. They would have been better off draining the clock with 3 straight running plays on each drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom