• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Sophie and Nights of Azure coming to Steam

Could you tell them about Night of Azure launcher being locked to 1080p resolution while the game support arbitrary resolution ?
Also Atelier Sophie 2D arts being badly filtered/lower res than PS4 version ?

I've informed them of the 2D art issue already. For other issues will have to wait until they address the current issues before sending them more to fix ;).

Battlechili

Banned
Dammit Koei Tecmo
exy0GC1.jpg

CSX

Dammit Koei Tecmo

Just wondering , did you tab out of the game before you saw this?

Got a friend playing and he told me that this game really hates it when you alt tab out of it. Once you alt tab back in, you see artifacting like you got a broken GPU and the game starts adding random loading times out of nowhere like when you want to talk to a generic NPC in the town.

All that disappears after a bit he says but it was still really weird to see.

PaulSane

So, apparently, steam version of Atelier Sophie doesn't have all DLC activated at the moment, despite the fact that they are all present in the game files. There is an unofficial fix for this - you just have to copy files from the provided archive into your "game folder"\DLC\ folder, and the next time you start\load a game, you'll get a bunch of popups about DLC being activated. Among others, there are BGM tracks from all the previous Atelier games which you can use instead of default ones for any part of the game - as much as i like Sophie's soundtrack, i just couldn't resist changing some of it to Mana Khemia tracks :p

EDIT: seeing that we have a KT representative in this thread, it would be nice if this issue was officially resolved, too :)

So, apparently, steam version of Atelier Sophie doesn't have all DLC activated at the moment, despite the fact that they are all present in the game files. There is an unofficial fix for this - you just have to copy files from the provided archive into your "game folder"DLC folder, and the next time you startload a game, you'll get a bunch of popups about DLC being activated. Among others, there are BGM tracks from all the previous Atelier games which you can use instead of default ones for any part of the game - as much as i like Sophie's soundtrack, i just couldn't resist changing some of it to Mana Khemia tracks :p

EDIT: seeing that we have a KT representative in this thread, it would be nice if this issue was officially resolved, too :)

Now I seriously want a Mana Khemia 3.

I've always wanted a Mana Khemia 3.

Durante

Where does one even begin with this series?
Well, this game is a good starting point.

The series has been split into separate independent trilogies for a while, and Sophie is the start of a new one. Which is one reason why it is noce that they ported it before continuing on with Firis.

Ascheroth

I've informed them of the 2D art issue already. For other issues will have to wait until they address the current issues before sending them more to fix ;).
I think I've come across a new bug with the recent patch (at least I think it's new), where the game won't lose input focus when alt-tabbing, which is both amusing and annoying.
Can't write a quick post on GAF without running around/moving through menus in the background, haha.

Completely loving Atelier :D Might buy it a 2nd time on PS4 to get the platinum since I can see myself enjoying grinding it out like I did with the rest of the Atelier games. I ended up returning Nights of Azure though due to the <20 fps in some scenes which was completely annoying me and I can't find a fix for it, its not my pc. I'll probably pick up Nights of Azure on PS4 also since I actually enjoyed what I saw. =\

rickyson1

I think I've come across a new bug with the recent patch (at least I think it's new), where the game won't lose input focus when alt-tabbing, which is both amusing and annoying.
Can't write a quick post on GAF without running around/moving through menus in the background, haha.

I was typing something earlier and had to reload my savefile because I glanced at my other monitor and noticed the game was discarding items haha

I was typing something earlier and had to reload my savefile because I glanced at my other monitor and noticed the game was discarding items haha

I haven't had that happen yet, but it is rather annoying since I am trying to keep notes in a spreadsheet on where to find what. Currently my solution is to open the encyclopedia when I need to type something, since that lowers the chance of accidents happening.

Ascheroth

Ucchedav&#257;da;230177232 said:
I haven't had that happen yet, but it is rather annoying since I am trying to keep notes in a spreadsheet on where to find what. Currently my solution is to open the encyclopedia when I need to type something, since that lowers the chance of accidents happening.

It actually didn't happen to me today for some reason.

Anyway, just a note: the encyclopedia tells you where to find the items, if you press the select-button on the item page.
Unless you're talking about more detailed things like the exact gathering spot in an area.

It actually didn't happen to me today for some reason.

Anyway, just a note: the encyclopedia tells you where to find the items, if you press the select-button on the item page.
Unless you're talking about more detailed things like the exact gathering spot in an area.

Oh, wow, that's a time-saver.
I had not really paid attention to the encyclopedia, as I am not used them in-game encyclopedias being useful, so thanks for pointing that out!

Ascheroth

Ucchedav&#257;da;230180584 said:
Oh, wow, that's a time-saver.
I had not really paid attention to the encyclopedia, as I am not used them in-game encyclopedias being useful, so thanks for pointing that out!

Yeah, I also didn't realize this right away.
But the encyclopedia in this game is really useful.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not terribly interested in these two games, but it's great seeing so many Japanese games coming to Steam/PC.

Makes it that much more likely I'm just go with PC plus Nintendo after this gen. Hard to justify another Sony platform with PC getting Xbox games now and a lot of Japanese games now. I like some of Sony's exclusives, but probably not enough to justify owning another console given my relatively limited gaming time.

Zafir

So I bought Atelier the other day but was finally giving it a try. I just can't get my controller to work. It's x-input so I don't see why it shouldn't. Even using the Steam controller config with third party x-input devices isn't allowing it to be detected in game.

I just don't get it.

Edit: Finally got it to work after doing some faffing and after disabling the steam controller config support for generic xinput devices.

DemWalls

Just curious: right now I am stuck with a fairly old rig (i5-2500k + AMD HD6970), but I suppose I shouldn't have too many problems with Azure at 1080/30, right?

Yeshua

Pleasantly surprised by the last patch that fix the CPU utilization. Now Night of Azure works without crashing my PC, plus the game works smoothly. Atelier Shophie is now working smoothly as well expect in the menu for some reason.

Hope Koei and Gust continue to improve those ports but at least they are playable properly (imo) and I won't have to refund them :)

BONKERS

I'm pushing for that. Wish me luck.

Now if only they could be go back and update the rest of their games. They are so inconsistent. Especially the ones that are advertised with PS4 screens and assets, and turn out to be PS3 ports, or a mix or worse than. At least, arbitrary resolution support would be incredible. As is, we have to use things like Cheat Engine in order to hack in resolutions higher than 1080p in games like DQHeroes.

Haken Trigger

Neo Member
I'm pushing for that. Wish me luck.

I wish you luck, for you...and the game !

I own both Atelier Sophie and Nights of Azure, but I only played Atelier until now (I love this game). But there certainly are things to change to make the game go from good to really good :

1. First, the DLcs are present but not activated. it shouldn't be a big job to enable them, seeing how a modder did it with one tiny file.
  2. Second, the framerates drops really heavily when the player ses the cauldron or the game menu. It's strange because, from my personal experience, the framerate is perfect in the rest of the game.
  3. Finally, the 2D assets. It looks like the 3D is on par, maybe even better, than the PS4 version, but the assets seemsto be the low-res PS3 ones. Why do the games you publish on PC nearly-always look like this, a combination of PS3 and PS4 elements that makes a strange sub-par port compared to PS4 ?

Like I said, I really enjoy the game, but seeing these things makes me sad :(

Battlechili

Banned
BRAVO

I messaged Koei Tecmo's customer support about some of the issues people (and myself) are experiencing with Sophie's PC port and I got...this as a response. :/
Just wondering , did you tab out of the game before you saw this?

Got a friend playing and he told me that this game really hates it when you alt tab out of it. Once you alt tab back in, you see artifacting like you got a broken GPU and the game starts adding random loading times out of nowhere like when you want to talk to a generic NPC in the town.

All that disappears after a bit he says but it was still really weird to see.
I was alt-tabbing a lot, so that might've been it. It goes away if you walk away from it and returns when you walk to that area. Or at least was. I haven't experienced that problem again.

Top Bottom