• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soruda mu Kaika Sengen (Switch eShop, launch) by Mechanic Arms revealed in Famitsu

BriBri has the scoop:

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/157260341889

Soruda mu Kaika Sengen (そるだむ 開花宣言) will be revealed in Weekly Famitsu shortly as a colour matching puzzle game developed by Naughty (the new development studio of City Connection) and Mechanic Arms. It'll be a launch title on the Nintendo Switch eShop priced at ¥1,500 and will use moe characters from Jaleco IP. The game is only 85% complete so a race against time. More news and screenshots when available.

So we finally have our first (minor) Switch game announcement in Famitsu. I was afraid we wouldn't get one before launch! :p Anyway, Mechanic Arms has had a good history on 3DS and DSiWare before with games like Psycho Pigs on 3DS eShop (out worldwide already).

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~marms/products.html

After Jaleco went belly up, Hamster sort of took over things with the VC releases and a single 3DS game which was a revival of a canned DS game. Things went quiet and all of the sudden City Connection popped up and from what I can tell IS the true successor of Jaleco, I believe they bought all the IPs since. Psycho Pigs was one of the first games they put out, another (this time with Mebius) was Bases Loaded on 3DS also. Both games are based on Jaleco IP.

This new game seems to be another.

Bergsala Lightweight seems to be the main localization company of these games at the moment, so I would think they might be the ones to bring this over perhaps.

There you have it. :p Thanks BriBri for the news! :D

Edit: Scans are out, look very Puyo-ish.

Vinnk

Well another potential launch game. Any chance for release outside of Japan (which doesn't matter as much anymore since Switch is Region free)?

Camjo-Z

If getting Japanese digital games isn't a hassle on Switch I may have to grab this since Puyo won't be out until April. Definitely looks very Puyo-esque with that art style.

Ah cool - looking at the scans it looks like the main characters are Tam and Rit from Jaleco's Rodland series!

RodLand_arcadeflyer.png

Oregano

So how many games for Japan at launch now? Is it more than the 10 that NA is getting?

Well Japan is getting more retail games at launch.

Zelda:BOTW
1 2 Switch
DQ Heroes 1&2
Bomberman
Disgaea 5
Puyo Puyo Tetris
I Am Setsuna

That's all the ones off the top of my head(not sure if Puyo Puyo is launch).

Camjo-Z

Glad to see a localization announcement so quickly. Apparently this is the sequel to an old Japan-only arcade/Game Boy game called Soldam? I'd never even heard of it before. Seems to basically be a mix between the line-clearing gameplay of Tetris and the color-swapping mechanics of Othello. The music for this game will certainly have a lot to live up to!

Top Bottom