• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

SomTervo

Yeah exactly. Some of us are trying to tread a very thin tghtrope with this stuff; we want to see but not see, hear but not hear.

Even if it's a spoiler free thread, I think we've only ourselves to blame if we see stuff we would prefer not to. But with that said, it would be really kind if people could avoid posting things that are too specific, important or detailed. This is kind of our thread after all.

My 2C only!

Absolutely true, although it's annoying when people make even potentially spoilerey posts when there is a literal, dedicated Spoiler Thread.

Yeah don't think I'll have this finished for review embargo nor do I know if Im even going to do one... but if all my gifs haven't made it clear most of my feelings on this game in .gif format. Don't now what else in words I can say.

I think people playing the game have been pretty respectful with the material they've been sharing. I understand that from time to time some little thing slips through and it helps to remind that this is a spoiler free thread but again, pretty comfortable in here.

No chance I finish this by tomorrow, I expect next weekend in when I finish. It's a big open world game, expect two weeks or so to finish it with lots of playtime. I will probably be well over 50 hours before finishing.

No chance I finish this by tomorrow, I expect next weekend in when I finish. It's a big open world game, expect two weeks or so to finish it with lots of playtime. I will probably be well over 50 hours before finishing.
I knew that supposedly 30 hours was just an estimate. Knowing most people and myself who likes to linger a lot, it would probably be longer.

Btw, The Lamp said that he was going to finish the game. Wonder if he managed to

Chû Totoro;230605045 said:
Some Sony ninjas have an account here or...??

That was so fast :/ (yeah it's down)

Doesn't help that he titled the video "Horizon Zero Dawn" etc. All they have to do is get an intern to keep pressing refresh on a youtube search and putting a take down notice on everything unauthorised.

SomTervo

I think people playing the game have been pretty respectfull with the material they've been sharing. I understand that from time to time some little thing slips through and it helps to remind that this is a spoiler free thread but again, pretty comfortable in here.

Yeah it's v occasional. Most of the sharers have been fantastic

vivekTO

Doesn't help that he titled the video "Horizon Zero Dawn" etc. All they have to do is get an intern to keep pressing refresh on a youtube search and putting a take down notice on everything unauthorised.

That is not all of it, I hosted some videos on my Dropbox account and shared with people here via Pm. and still it got taken down!

Looks like we're finally nearing the review thread huh? And the game itself of course

Woah what a fight. I recorded it, but my videos are bad quality on PS4 and I would have to upload it on a PC. I have no clue how to make gifs.

But man that was pretty epic. Really messy though, I'm sure I'll come up with better ways to fight this later.

vivekTO

Woah what a fight. I recorded it, but my videos are bad quality on PS4 and I would have to upload it on a PC. I have no clue how to make gifs.

But man that was pretty epic. Really messy though, I'm sure I'll come up with better ways to fight this later.

Don't bother about the videos now, They are just being taken down left and right by sony,it will be an waste of effort.

I'm someone who likes a challenge, but I don't like when something challenging breaks the pacing of a game. For someone who thinks that Hard is Uncharted 4's sweetspot in terms of a nice challenge without breaking the pace, what do the people who are playing the game recommend playing Horizon for the first time? I'm leaning toward Hard, but if there's a trophy tied to Very Hard, I might consider playing that on my first playthrough.

MaKTaiL

I'm someone who likes a challenge, but I don't like when something challenging breaks the pacing of a game. For someone who thinks that Hard is Uncharted 4's sweetspot in terms of a nice challenge without breaking the pace, what do the people who are playing the game recommend playing Horizon for the first time? I'm leaning toward Hard, but if there's a trophy tied to Very Hard, I might consider playing that on my first playthrough.
There are no trophies related to difficulty setting. Don't worry about it. Difficulty can also be changed on the fly. If you feel Very Hard is too hard, tone it down.

The Lamp

Same. It's taking a long time. But I'm loving it.

What are people supposedly in blackouts doing in this thread? A shitload of screenshots have been posted here already, you don't get to act surprised about something from a months-old trailer.

What are people supposedly in blackouts doing in this thread? A shitload of screenshots have been posted here already, you don't get to act surprised about something from a months-old trailer.
I'm on "blackout" and I have been fine in here for the most part. There has been minor stuff I wish I could have avoided but it has been cool. People are putting things in spoiler tags and I quickly scroll past everything else lol.

Solal

There is no lock on function. There is a much larger focus on ranged combat (rather than melee) however, so no lock on makes sense to me.

Arg... I really have a hard time enjoying games where you can't circle around a foe with a still aim... Souls games are in my veins.
I hated Dragon's dogma for this.

Anyway. Tx for the answer mate.

I'm on "blackout" and I have been fine in here for the most part. There has been minor stuff I wish I could have avoided but it has been cool. People are putting things in spoiler tags and I quickly scroll past everything else lol.
Yup most of the ppl posting impressions are being very kind. Only posting stuff officially revealed and only early stuff obviously I'll have to bail eventually

Same, I also put a few people posting spoilers on ignore temporarily. I enjoy the hype and the vibe of this thread, so the risk is worth it.

Top Bottom