• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men who exercise strenuously may have lower libidos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share
Men who exercise strenuously may have a lower libido than those whose workouts are lighter, according to one of the first studies to scientifically delve into the relationship between men’s workouts and their sex lives.

For years, scientists and active people have debated whether and how exercise affects sexual desire and human reproduction.

But most past studies have centered on women.

Typically, this research has found that when some female athletes, such as marathon runners, train intensely for many hours a week, they can develop menstrual dysfunctions. These problems seem caused by hormonal imbalances occuring because of physical stress and frequently affect a woman’s interest in sex and her ability to conceive.

So the average Gaffer is not only packing some heat but also a sexual tyrannosaurus?

And there were clear patterns. The men whose exercise routines were moderate or light in intensity or duration were far more likely to report moderate or high libidos than were the men whose workouts were especially prolonged or intense, even after the researchers controlled for age. (Older men tend to report less interest in sex, although not by much.)

Lamel

Banned
I work out pretty strenuously and my libido is out of damn control. Didn't know it was possible to get it higher haha

CHC

Guess I should work out more, swear to god sometimes having a penis is such a terrible curse.

after deadlifting 300 kg and bench pressing 160 kg I regularly bang all the girls in the gym with my foot long penis

last night there were only five girls there, but on monday i had a fifteensome

RDreamer

My sex drive definitely lowered when I went on my exercise routine of about an hour and a half every day and lost a ton of weight. It's not gone, but it's most definitely lowered.

I've read some other studies talking about how sometimes if your body gets a lot of exercise you'll sort of subconsciously find ways of burning less through the day, and I wonder if something like this is one of the body's mechanisms for doing that.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hmm.

A couple years back, not long after my first marathon, I boned my GF 15 times in one weekend.

YMMV.
congrats?

That's very good for you, but doesn't really negate my point, which was to illustrate that the claims in the article are not reflected in my personal experience.

I'm also 40.

Independent on if your post is true or not, an anecdote doesn't negate a larger study. You have an n (sample size) of 1.

Edit:
I'm probably falling for the bait here.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
That's very good for you, but doesn't really negate my point, which was to illustrate that the claims in the article are not reflected in my personal experience.

I'm also 40.

I know, i'm just fuckin with you. With my higher libido because I'm lazy. I'm 27 and feel like I'm dying, so my libido is high af

40? Wouldn't have guessed it.

flkraven

After winning 4 gold medals at this years Olympics I banged Taylor Swift and Megan Foxx 63 times while Michael Bay recorded it.

YMMV

FWIW, I might be some kind of freak, because I still need to nut at least once a day. I thought that was supposed to taper off by now.

congrats?

Independent on if your post is true or not, an anecdote doesn't negate a larger study. You have an n(sample size) of 1.

Yes, I understand the difference between data and anecdote. Thanks!

Also, I never lie on GAF.

Edit:
I'm probably falling for the bait here.

I'm sorry that you feel threatened.

CHC

Never been ashamed of your high libido. It's healthy.

I'm not ashamed at all! But it's just like, sometimes I want to stop being distracted by butts or just get up in the morning peacefully without the raging need to fuck.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Hmm... interesting. Ever since I started doing high intense gym training my libido has been going down significantly. I hardly have the urge to jack off more than once a week. (srs)

I already suspected that my training has something to do with it. Nice to have a confirmation.

Sheroking

Hmm.

A couple years back, not long after my first marathon, I boned my GF 15 times in one weekend.

YMMV.

Tis always possible that if you choose to sit around and watch Netflix instead, you would have gone 20 times.

Also, 15 times in two days? I had sex three times in a day once and my dick actually hurt.

My wife sometimes dreads when I get overly active at the gym as she knows it means my sex drive is going to ramp up. And I'm already pretty up there.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Tis always possible that if you choose to sit around and watch Netflix instead, you would have gone 20 times.

Also, 15 times in two days? I had sex three times in a day once and my dick actually hurt.

Gotta get her extra wet bro

I can see there'd be a cut off point. Generally the fitter I am the higher the sex drive but being honest it isn't genuinely strenuous. it might appear to be if you do regular running and gym work and you might call BS.

FLEABttn

Banned
Hmm.

YMMV.

P1QYppjh.jpg

Yeah that sounds about right. Also, Count Dookake, didn't you say you were 20 in the "guess the age of the poster above you" thread?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I have sex once or twice at most in a day and that's it for me. My penis actually gets really sore even after the first go. The hell at some of you with more than 3, 4, FUCKING 15? -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom