• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita/PC) Out April 11th

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It will be on GOG? I preordered on Humble Store but I have quite a few titles consolidated on GOG.

Exentryk

It will be on GOG? I preordered on Humble Store but I have quite a few titles consolidated on GOG.

Well, they already have a DRM free version available, so it shouldn't take long for it to get to GOG. I need Galaxy managing it all.

Miker

The Vita version is going to be canceled isn't it? :/

What? Besides them saying that it's on its way and receiving further polish, Zeboyd have been fairly vocal about being committed to the Vita, and how they recognize that the audience is there for indies and JRPGs.

JEKKI

oh no is Vita not getting a physical version? (since the LRG site only shows a PS4 box).

I'm a kickstarter, but was gonna wait for the physical release anyway, but also wanted to play it on Vita :(

The real question is when is the soundtrack releasing and why has no vinyl release been announced for it?

arrgragrahrgahrghagrhar at vita delay

No plans to do DLC, micro-transactions, or expansions. CSH has taken over 3 times as long as any of our other RPGs; we're ready to move on.

I actually wanted to ask about this. Back on the Kickstarter, you explained that the longest development you had was 10 months on Rain-Slick 3. Can you disclose how many months you worked on Cosmic Star Heroine ? That would be interesting to realize how big the game is compared to your previous titles :)

Same here. Do we get a PS4 key if we backed the vita version? Or it only works the other way around?

Game is cross-buy for PS4/Vita so if you picked the PSN version, you get it on both PS4 & Vita.

Surveys for which version KS backers want were sent out a while ago, so if you haven't filled it out and sent it to us, be sure to do that soon.

Cross-save isn't currently implemented. We might get it in.

I'm not a good person to ask about length since my playing it isn't typical, but I'm guessing in the 15-20 hour range (less if you play on the super-easy difficulty).

The main technical issues I'm worried about with cross-save are:

1 - We're deactivating a lot of non-essential Internet functionality with Cosmic Star Heroine on Vita to free up RAM for the game itself. I'm not sure if that functionality includes cross-save stuff.

2 - The code for saves is different between Vita & PS4 (whereas it's almost identical between PS4 & PC).

Oh, that's way shorter than I expected.

$15 for 15-20 hours seems pretty good to me. And you have to keep in mind that the game is very well paced with minimal filler compared to the vast majority of JRPGs.

If you've played any of our previous games, Cosmic Star Heroine is a lot bigger & denser than any of them.

$15 for 15-20 hours seems pretty good to me. And you have to keep in mind that the game is very well paced with minimal filler compared to the vast majority of JRPGs.

If you've played any of our previous games, Cosmic Star Heroine is a lot bigger & denser than any of them.
That actually does sound good to me considering all the long-ass games being released lately.

hampig

Wish I could play it, but that's Persona month. Definitely looking forward to picking it up somewhere down the line.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That actually does sound good to me considering all the long-ass games being released lately.
Yeah. 15-20 with low filler is how Lunar SSS worked and that is perfect to me. Too many games these days for them to be so long for no good reason. I understand production costs for blockbusters have gone up, so they have to be $60, and thus want to better justify that price with possible activities, but most of the time it doesn't end up being quality work throughout.

Ixian

I'm excited for 15-20 hours of minimal filler; everyone has their own tolerance levels for repetition/filler of course, but for me, I just can't bring myself to start a longer game these days knowing that some not-insubstantial chunk of it will be spent performing uninteresting tasks.

Arthea

Just got in touch with GOG (guess they tried to talk to us earlier but the email got lost). Looks like we'll be able to offer the game there as well. :)

congratulations on finishing the game, well, you still are working on it, but with release being so close, it probably is out of the way for the most part.

The main technical issues I'm worried about with cross-save are:

1 - We're deactivating a lot of non-essential Internet functionality with Cosmic Star Heroine on Vita to free up RAM for the game itself. I'm not sure if that functionality includes cross-save stuff.

2 - The code for saves is different between Vita & PS4 (whereas it's almost identical between PS4 & PC).

Oh nice, so you're using the extra RAM from the OS to help the game run better on Vita? Pleased to hear that.

Phamit

You must have, I've had the Humble Bundle version on my account for ages.

Game is cross-buy for PS4/Vita so if you picked the PSN version, you get it on both PS4 & Vita.

Surveys for which version KS backers want were sent out a while ago, so if you haven't filled it out and sent it to us, be sure to do that soon.

Yes, you are right. I checked my Kickstarter account and I already filled it out almost 2 years ago. I simply forgot that it happened.

Just got in touch with GOG (guess they tried to talk to us earlier but the email got lost). Looks like we'll be able to offer the game there as well. :)

I've already redeemed the beta key on Steam but I'd prefer to have the final release on GOG if it's going to be available there, if that's possible. Will I be able to swap ?

FiraB

Banned
Wont play it straight away but ill definitely finish it by years end. Maybe the middle part of the year will be dead so I can actually finish some games before the end of year games release.

Top Bottom