• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More 4chan leaks/rumors: FFXV future updates (additional cutscenes, World of Versus)

Byvar

Hmm, strange, if it did restart for you then perhaps it was a bug that only some people had... and then there's no way to tell for me if it's true that it's been fixed or not. :(

yunbuns

Nope it didn't. not when I played the game post day 1 patch.

It was a big complaint of mine. They missed out on a Dust To dust/someday the dream will end track playing in battle during a poignant gameplay chapter moment with that.

Then again XV in general lacked the artistic directorial vision both X and XIII had so shouldn't have been surprising.

Based on interviews, Tabta seems to be a really good team builder/leader and seems better fit for a manger type role or something. Based on the fact that XV seems to have some of the same issues as Type 0 from what I've heard, I don't think he should direct major games again and his talents seems better suited elsewhere imo.

Hmm, strange, if it did restart for you then perhaps it was a bug that only some people had... and then there's no way to tell for me if it's true that it's been fixed or not. :(

I think I recorded some parts in Insomnia, maybe I can re-check and upload that if needed, but I'm pretty sure there's already some videos on YouTube that shows it!

Based on interviews, Tabta seems to be a really good team builder/leader and seems better fit for a manger type role or something. Based on the fact that XV seems to have some of the same issues as Type 0 from what I've heard, I don't think he should direct major games again and his talents seems better suited elsewhere imo.

Agreed.

The issues with Xv are far too similar to Type-0, particularly story and cutscene direction wise for it to be a coincidence.

With Crisis Core I think he probably had Kitase/Nomura controlling him much more

Agreed.

The issues with Xv are far too similar to Type-0, particularly story and cutscene direction wise for it to be a coincidence.

With Crisis Core I think he probably had Kitase/Nomura controlling him much more

I even noticed that some mini-cutscenes (dialogues) between the 4 guys after camping had the exact same issues of the cutscenes/dialogues in Type-0/Type-0 HD with awkward animations and stuff. That's when I was reminded that the same team made FFXV, lol.

More Versus rumors hitting 4chan. Hard to follow but I believe it's from a new poster but claims to be getting information from the original guy who leaked the first XV plot details. Claims this story will be used for a Nomura Versus reboot and was part of his negotiations for taking on VIIR

What's more interesting is this guy is claiming the leaker sent him some concept art, concept footage/music or something and will post it.

Probably fake but it reads rather professionally.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/370528937#p370528937

More Versus rumors hitting 4chan. Hard to follow but I believe it's from a new poster but claims to be getting information from the original guy who leaked the first XV plot details. Claims this story will be used for a Nomura Versus reboot and was part of his negotiations for taking on VIIR

What's more interesting is this guy is claiming the leaker sent him some concept art, concept footage/music or something and will post it.

I think it's probably fair to say that he works for them. He has a contract. He's not "negotiating terms" to do games - his bosses point him at the projects they want him on, and if they don't want him on something any more they tell him and that's that.

Whole thing smells like hefty bullshit, though I 100% believe before the FF15 DLC train is over they will use the term 'Versus' for something for marketing means because it's potent for a certain segment who can't let go. I doubt Nomura will be involved though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Its all bullshit. Nomura considers himself a company slave, he doesn't go against orders or negotiate in that manner.

At the same time, what purpose would bringing back a dead project that's been canceled for years serve if it was already re-purposed by someone else? Nice job shitting all over Tabata's last 3 years?

So yeah, total nonsense.

I don't even think the "Versus DLC" stuff is even real cause there's no point whatsoever, what would be the point? Its not going to be Versus as people originally wanted it regardless of what the DLC is called and Nomura and Nojima would not be working on it

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm waiting for that "footage".

I think this rumor should be debunked since:

- Additional cutscenes with Ravus and Niflheim to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE PROMPTO content.

Is already coming to EPISODE GLADIO already.

Koozek

gWp50cu.gif

chefbags

I wanna read it but the link is dead. Do you have a copy of what was posted?

Jeels

It would be weird if the new cutscenes are only in new game plus...Lots of people have been holding off playing because they want to experience the cutscenes in their single playthrough...

Ydelnae

If it's the Luna being a medicine and Stella dying of overdose thingy, don't trust that. It's not real.

Edit: Yeah, what Koozek posted. And if by originals 4chan poster they mean the guy that did the Q&A, it's not the same guy.

Koozek

If it's the Luna being a medicine and Stella dying of overdose thingy, don't trust that. It's not real.
Yeah, lol.

Edit: Yeah, what Koozek posted. And if by originals 4chan poster they mean the guy that did the Q&A, it's not the same guy.
Think they meant the one from the legit plot leak from June last year.

Toth

Thanks for clarifying. This story is waaaaaaaay too dark for a Final Fantasy (especially one designed for the fans) and unsettling. I much prefer the story we got (after it gets fleshed out more of course)

wvnative

Who says a Final Fantasy game can't go that dark?

This series has always been about trying new things, (part of why the fanbase is the way it is)

It sounds way too cool to be true, but forgive me for being slightly optimistic. If Square-Enix really is gonna allow this, than bravo to them.

Toth

Who says a Final Fantasy game can't go that dark?

This series has always been about trying new things, (part of why the fanbase is the way it is)

It sounds way too cool to be true, but forgive me for being slightly optimistic. If Square-Enix really is gonna allow this, than bravo to them.

If there is one thing that FF games have consistent is their tone. Even VI, despite all that happens, knew when to have light hearted moments. This storyline involving drug use and deals with the devil as a major plot point is way too edgy and would have worked fine in a spinoff but not a main line title. Remember, mainline FF are designed to be accessible for all audiences.

wvnative

If there is one thing that FF games have consistent is their tone. Even VI, despite all that happens, knew when to have light hearted moments. This storyline involving drug use and deals with the devil as a major plot point is way too edgy and would have worked fine in a spinoff but not a main line title. Remember, mainline FF are designed to be accessible for all audiences.

But given this was originally a spinoff, as this will most likely be (in the unlikely event any of it's true), I see no issue here.

those new leaks sound so dumb but yeah I don't believe that shit for a second

but it does not? the team that makes FFXV is not making XVI and is not going to.

Why would they purposely create new leaks just for the sake of attention ? For getting more attention of course, but at this point I guess it's just turning the knife into the wound if they would go that far to a future spinoff game. Who would develop that? We have DLC from FFXV until next year, and I doubt Tabata will want to direct that again...nor Nomura's which will still be busy on FFVIIR

Toth

But given this was originally a spinoff, as this will most likely be (in the unlikely event any of it's true), I see no issue here.

Oh I agree but I suppose my point is that this type of story needed to change when Versud became XV because this is not what the majority of fans would likely embrace. XIII is rather grim and dark when you think about it but it was offset by a lot of anime style storytelling that gave it more heart / lightened the tone. Whether they was success...well it depends on which fan you ask lol

I wish the Versus rumors would stop. I'd love to see Nomura realize Versus as his own original project, but man that is so far-fetched now. Let's be real the dude isn't even done with KHIII or VII and released an interview about how worn out he is. There's no way he'll be able to devote time to another project.

Top Bottom