• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7 delayed to 2018

DKHF

https://twitter.com/PROJECT_ACES/status/864467570669133824

In their message they say to ensure the best quality they are delaying Ace Combat 7 to 2018.

There will be a new AC7 demo playable at E3 2017.

Press release:
Dear Ace Combatants,

I wanted to take this opportunity to speak with you directly, our loyal ACE COMBAT fans, and give you a first-hand update on the launch timing for ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN.

The Project ACES team and I have been working hard on ACE COMBAT 7 and we're determined to achieve the vision we have set for the game. To reach that vision, we have decided to move the launch of ACE COMBAT 7 to 2018.

We would have loved to launch ACE COMBAT 7 at the end of 2017 as we originally intended, but doing so would compromise our goal for the game. We take our art very seriously and that means we have instead chosen to devote additional time and effort to perfect and optimize this newest chapter of the ACE COMBAT saga. The combination of the Unreal 4 Engine and the power of current generation consoles and PC hardware have literally opened the ”skies of opportunity" to us to develop the best ACE COMBAT experience to-date. At no other time in ACE COMBAT's 20+ year history has gaming technology allowed us to deliver the minute details of flight combat - such as cloud cover and air currents – or give players a new way to experience dogfights and attack sorties through hardware such as the new PlayStation VR.

We'll have a lot more information and details to share with you in the coming months, starting at E3 2017 where we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in ACE COMBAT 7 for the first time ever!

On behalf of the entire Project ACES team, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Kazutoki Kono – ACE COMBAT Franchise Director

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fuck sake, was really looking forward to it in VR

Vadernoooo.gif

Maybe now they'll make the VR part more substantial.

I'm ok with it, always better to delay than to launch a broken game.

Cool. No excuse to not have a Switch version launch same day now

um,what? I don't even think it could run on the switch so I have no idea why you are port begging.

anyway sucks that it got pushed back but we have not seen all that much of the game yet so i'm not surprised.

Mengetsu

As sad as I am about this I'll be busy with Destiny 2 and any other announced games after E3 this year. Unless it would had came out in the Summertime.

I've waited a long time I guess I can wait a bit longer.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Please add full VR support

Wtf r u talking about? If anything, I want them to make it fully VR like RE7

A VR focused Ace Combat just feels like an excuse to make it as much like Assault Horizon as possible, which I personally don't want.

If they have a vision for AC that is the exact same between VR and non-VR versions then go ahead.

FelipeMGM

English Press Release

Dear Ace Combatants,

I wanted to take this opportunity to speak with you directly, our loyal ACE COMBAT fans, and give you a first-hand update on the launch timing for ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN.

The Project ACES team and I have been working hard on ACE COMBAT 7 and we’re determined to achieve the vision we have set for the game. To reach that vision, we have decided to move the launch of ACE COMBAT 7 to 2018.

We would have loved to launch ACE COMBAT 7 at the end of 2017 as we originally intended, but doing so would compromise our goal for the game. We take our art very seriously and that means we have instead chosen to devote additional time and effort to perfect and optimize this newest chapter of the ACE COMBAT saga. The combination of the Unreal 4 Engine and the power of current generation consoles and PC hardware have literally opened the “skies of opportunity” to us to develop the best ACE COMBAT experience to-date. At no other time in ACE COMBAT’s 20+ year history has gaming technology allowed us to deliver the minute details of flight combat - such as cloud cover and air currents – or give players a new way to experience dogfights and attack sorties through hardware such as the new PlayStation VR.

We’ll have a lot more information and details to share with you in the coming months, starting at E3 2017 where we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in ACE COMBAT 7 for the first time ever!

On behalf of the entire Project ACES team, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Kazutoki Kono – ACE COMBAT Franchise Director

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
English Press Release

"We’ll have a lot more information and details to share with you in the coming months, starting at E3 2017 where we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in ACE COMBAT 7 for the first time ever!"

noice.

Fisty

A VR focused Ace Combat just feels like an excuse to make it as much like Assault Horizon as possible, which I personally don't want.

If they have a vision for AC that is the exact same between VR and non-VR versions then go ahead.

Wow talk about writing your own narrative, there's absolutely no reason it has to be more like Assault Horizon if it's fully playable in VR

A delay to polish a game is always good.

Now just make the full campaign have VR support! :D

Wow talk about writing your own narrative, there's absolutely no reason it has to be more like Assault Horizon if it's fully playable in VR

indeed, it really only has to have VR headtracking as a camera option inside the cockpit :p

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I'm not saying it has to be, but that AH's zoom-in and oil camera splatter thing seem more VRish than the previous games.

Anyway I don't care as much as long as the online is like AC: Infinity minus all the transaction garbage.

tilomite!

I'm​ always kinda happy with delays. It makes me think I'll get a better product. Even though it's not always true.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Good. I'd rather see delays than broken, unfinished games with multi-gig day 1 patches to "finish" the game(and it still ends up being crap).

More delays. Less "day 1 patches" please. Day 1 patches means to me you've knowingly shipped a broken/unfinished game and that's unacceptable to me.

haveheart

Banned
That's a bummer... I can't wait to play Ace Combat again. Last one I played was AC2 i think.

What are the chances the E3 demo will be on PSN?

aeroslash

At no other time in ACE COMBAT’s 20+ year history has gaming technology allowed us to deliver the minute details of flight combat - such as cloud cover and air currents –

As if air current had any effects on modern jet combat.

VxRWTVm.gif

Top Bottom