• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax01 said:
Hm. Not sure what you're talking about. When it's a full game, six vs. six, five vs. five, five vs. six, etc, there aren't any spawning problems. And I've played a lot of Invasion: link to play time.

I've played 32 hours of multiplayer in total. Invasion has taken up 25 hours. Nearly 80% of my time in MP is spent in Invasion.
It happens smetimes on Spire.

Something that annoys me about Invasion is that the elites and spartans are decked out in blue and red. I thought it'd be cooler if they were whatever color you picked, you should be able to see the difference on your own quite frankly.

Aggrotek

Neuromancer said:
Something that annoys me about Invasion is that the elites and spartans are decked out in blue and red. I thought it'd be cooler if they were whatever color you picked, you should be able to see the difference on your own quite frankly.
Don't know why they changed this from the beta. Players were different shades of green (Spartans) and purple (elites). I thought it worked well.

Ugh, the one thing I didn't like about Halo 3 is starting to happen in Reach. I'm all for playlist updates for the most part, but the ones I love, get taken out. 1 flag/bomb on Hemorage was awesome. I loved it.
Crashsite was awesome. It was a challenge with certain generator placements to not die and keep the generator functional. Why take that out? I don't understand. It doesn't have to be played and it's only one person. You are in direct control over what game you're going to play.
Rumble pit is a mixed back for lots of reasons. Some people want to only play slayer, while I enjoy playing Headhunter every once in a while. Why not just make two playlists? Rumble Slayer: slayer, swat, shotty slayer, whatever. Rumble Objective: KotH, Headhunter, whatever.

In the end, you can't please everyone when you have playlists that possibly put people with gametypes they don't want to play. I love me some Halo, but I hate when they take out shit I like because all people want to do is play regular slayer.

m0ngo said:
I got a new 250gb slim today. Copied my saved games and stuff across, installed Reach and had a bash at the campaign again. The fr is choppy as hell compared to what it was like on my old 360 :/

I don't know if I'd say "choppy as hell" but the same sort of thing is happening to me. Reach played great on my old 360 with the exception of scoping-in on Asylum. Then I transferred everything over to the 250gb slim and now I get framerate issues at random times in matchmaking but not when scoping in on Asylum. Really weird.

Invasion Note: Before today it seemed like Invasion was getting a pretty steady flow of players. I'm not worried about that playlist though I'm still confused as to why it isn't 8v8.

I am pleasantly surprised that Firefight playlists seem to pack them in even on days when there are no Firefight challenges.

darthbob

Aggrotek said:
Don't know why they changed this from the beta. Players were different shades of green (Spartans) and purple (elites). I thought it worked well.

It's because you now switch sides at the end of the Round.

Colors can't be inherited from round to round, team to team, so they compromise, and just make you either Red for the entire match, or Blue for the entire match.

StUnNeR H2K said:
...and everyone cry's about armor lock being OP, just a matter of how you use the tools that are given to you.

Exactly... According to the anti Armor Locker's if a jet packer had the jump on me with a rocket I shouldn't be able to protect myself. This happened to me once. Thankfully armor lock saved my ass.

darthbob said:
It's because you now switch sides at the end of the Round.

Colors can't be inherited from round to round, team to team, so they compromise, and just make you either Red for the entire match, or Blue for the entire match.

Yes the can. See: Infection.

Re: player counts. New playlists are shiny and new, as people get sick of snipers and infection they'll drop back to more standard offerings. 2 weeks ago, SWAT was the top playlist, now it's back to top 5, with team slayer taking top playlist spot again.

cwmartin

UltimaPooh said:
Exactly... According to the anti Armor Locker's if a jet packer had the jump on me with a rocket I shouldn't be able to protect myself.

Correct. Thats how it worked in the last 4 halo games. If someone was above you with rockets they had the CLEAR advantage. Thus the importance of weapon control. I for one do not welcome the new AA, but thats just me.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You know... I've been playing and I've just realized. There is no Zanzibar level. There is no One Assault, one flag, or really anything like that in BTB.

And it sucks. Gameplay feels great in this one, but honestly... the maps suck. It feels like the last time they actually made good maps was Halo 2.

cwmartin said:
Correct. Thats how it worked in the last 4 halo games. If someone was above you with rockets they had the CLEAR advantage. Thus the importance of weapon control. I for one do not welcome the new AA, but thats just me.

Granted... but I was on the highest part of the level (Boardwalk) and he comes sailing over the side with his Jet pack going higher than me. Thus he did not have the high ground and instead used an AA to try to kill me. I used my AA to defend myself. They are well balanced.

darthbob said:
Then go make an Invasion gametype with proper colors.

I do not have the tools for this, but I assume Bungie does with their own game editor. They could easily fix it.

MrBig

shintoki said:
You know... I've been playing and I've just realized. There is no Zanzibar level. There is no One Assault, one flag, or really anything like that in BTB.

And it sucks. Gameplay feels great in this one, but honestly... the maps suck. It feels like the last time they actually made good maps was Halo 2.
Besides Valhalla, I agree with this.
Tempest does look good though.

GhaleonEB said:
It played very nicely in the GAF custom game we had on Saturday. Concensus seemed to be that it had a good flow and great mix of long and short sight lines. It's not generally my style of map, but I thought it was great. It will be a nice addition to BTB, which needs maps like it.

Nice, I look forward to trying it out. I *think* I finally don't have any social plans I'm commited to this weekend so It'd be a lot of fun to join some GAF customs. I'd be interested in trying out your map that you've dedicated so much time and effort on, especially.

Dax01 said:
For the "Jack of All Trades" achievement, doe performing an incredible feat in matchmaking mean getting a kill? What does it mean exactly?

It's specific commendation medals that give you points towards this. I don't know the full comprehensive list but I can tell you it's NOT just the one's that don't have a commendation for them. I know for a fact that the special assassinations give you a point because my Jack commendation was promoted immediately upon performing one previously. Besides that one, I'm pretty sure that Revenge, Reload this, avenge, yoink, etc. provide you with points. It's my top commendation so it's something I do every single match more than once so I figure Revenge and multikills... We need Bungie to give us a full list.

Sai-kun

Banned
TimeLike said:
Narc much?

CortanaScreamAvvy.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
cwmartin said:

There were no jetpacks in the previous games.

People that complain about armor lock just can't figure out how to beat it, same with any other AA. People hate armor lock yet use sprint, I freeze in place to avoid damage, you run away, just whatever you are best with.

ZayneH said:
Did you forget Halo 2? People were flying all of the time.

In Warthogs :) Man, I REALLY miss the glitches in Halo 2 maps for custom games. Used to just spend all kinds of time goofing off with people. The best part is 99 percent of them had no use in a legit match so they weren't a big deal.

MrBig

SquallASF said:
In Warthogs :) Man, I REALLY miss the glitches in Halo 2 maps for custom games. Used to just spend all kinds of time goofing off with people. The best part is 99 percent of them had no use in a legit match so they weren't a big deal.
Except that super bouncing is now a full feature in reach.
Jetpacks.

UltimaPooh said:
Exactly... According to the anti Armor Locker's if a jet packer had the jump on me with a rocket I shouldn't be able to protect myself. This happened to me once. Thankfully armor lock saved my ass.

Actually, if you read anything I wrote you would see that I specifically said I don't mind armor lock being used to reject a rocket: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23929211&postcount=10684

Specifically:
me said:
I find rejecting a rocket as cool as the next guy. Hell, I don't even get mad at people doing that against me.

But hey, go ahead and ignore legitimate criticism about it. Whatever.

Ramirez

MrBig said:
I'm one of those 22k. Invasion is getting stale and everything else is a quit fest.

Have you tried Left 4 Dead?

What do people find interesting about Infection exactly? Pretty much every game comes down to the survivors going to some remote part of the map where there's 50 yards of open space and the zombies just get picked off as they desperately try to get to them.

There's just other games out there that do this sort of thing SO much better, I don't get it.

Still sad to see that the Lockout/Warlock maps weren't added in on this update, the game needs all the help it can get map wise. I'd also like to see evade removed from objective, or at least changed to one dodge per charge, the combat is so goofy with everyone rolling around on smaller maps. No idea why it replaced Hologram in the first place...

MMaRsu

Banned
My first Ffa in weeks and I win it AWESOMELY

25 kills, 12 deaths. Fuck yea

Ramirez said:

What do people find interesting about Infection exactly? Pretty much every game comes down to the survivors going to some remote part of the map where there's 50 yards of open space and the zombies just get picked off as they desperately try to get to them.

There's just other games out there that do this sort of thing SO much better, I don't get it.

Still sad to see that the Lockout/Warlock maps weren't added in on this update, the game needs all the help it can get map wise. I'd also like to see evade removed from objective, or at least changed to one dodge per charge, the combat is so goofy with everyone rolling around on smaller maps. No idea why it replaced Hologram in the first place...

You said it brother, Infection is such a bore.

MrBig

Ramirez said:

It's just a break from normal halo. I couldn't stand to play it all the time. I returned both l4d's in less than a month after they came out.

Does anyone else hate hate hate the buddy system in invasion? I can never see what the hell my teammates are doing. How am I supposed to see if both territories are guarded? I can only see that my teammate is on the wrong end of the map. I also can't tell when my teammates are all going in to attack (they never talk) so I just end up going in by myself half the time on offense.

And to make it even better when my buddy quits I no longer have the option of spawning on someone I have to spawn in BFE.

I hate pretty much everything about it.

Kinda sad to see multi-team SWAT go. It didn't come up that often it seemed, and was pretty good for getting a ton of headshots and multi kills. :lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
5 levels down, 4 more to go for campaign. Hit a bit of a rough spot with the last one, but just back tracked and funneled them in. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I want an MLG playlist so bad. It's tough to get practice in when you can only play the gamestypes in custom games. It can be difficult to get a full party of 8.

Hey You

Ramirez said:
What do people find interesting about Infection exactly? .
A Nice change from the regular playlists. I don't know why I like Infection so much. Its just my favorite gametype & Custom game.

Oh and Edit:
reddeadredemptionundead.jpg

Tashi0106 said:
I want an MLG playlist so bad. It's tough to get practice in when you can only play the gamestypes in custom games. It can be difficult to get a full party of 8.

Can't wait for the day it comes out, no more stupid shit to worry about. MLG needs to hurry up and get bungie their stuff!

timetokill said:
Actually, if you read anything I wrote you would see that I specifically said I don't mind armor lock being used to reject a rocket: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23929211&postcount=10684

Specifically:

But hey, go ahead and ignore legitimate criticism about it. Whatever.

Haha. I wasn't trying to ignore you I just forgot about this post.

I agree one of those things would balance it a bit better... The one and only one I would choose to make it "fair" is getting rid of the invincibility frames coming out of AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom