• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreohboy

FunkyPajamas said:
M0CTP.gif

Now I don't have to beg for a wii port!

Off topic: GTFO that Jean Cleude Van Damme was in Breakin!!!

Back on topic: Wet myself.:D

LCfiner

I'll probably pick up Move/eyetoy combo once this releases after I hear impressions of the head tracking in the game.

if the head tracking is implemented well, that will probably push me over the edge since I was considering getting Move anyways.

(I'm gonna have three friggin' sensors over my TV. wii bar, kinect and the eyetoy. jeesh, talk about a nerd living room)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
While i understand -viper- emotions right now... Sin is a well known source of SONY related news.

<3 Sin <3
I lost you from my PSN Friend list when i changed accounts, sorry 'bout that.

NHale

It's very odd because games in Portugal are released on Wednesdays. Like I said before December 1st is a national holiday so it would make sense. Clearly not a placeholder (they would put a Wednesday) but could be a mistake (often in FNAC online).

megateto

NHale said:

It's very odd because games in Portugal are released on Wednesdays. Like I said before December 1st is a national holiday so it would make sense. Clearly not a placeholder (they would put a Wednesday) but could be a mistake (often in FNAC online).

Fnac's Spanish website says the same, December 1st.

Jim

Not from Sony, but another GT5-related press release just hit the inbox.

GameStop Toyota Features Gran Turismo 5 at Texas

What:
Joey Logano and the No. 20 GameStop Toyota are in the Lone Star State for tomorrow's O'Reilly Parts Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway. With the upcoming release of Gran Turismo 5, the GameStop car's paint scheme is all about the new racing game.

Logano has been on a roll as of late not only in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, but also behind the wheel of his No. 20 Sprint Cup car as well. In the last eight Sprint Cup Series events, Joey has recorded three top fives and six finishes of 11th or better. And the confidence that comes with that success has transferred over to the Nationwide Series (NWS), where Logano has two wins, 13 top fives and 21 top 10s in just 22 starts in 2010. He also has a NWS series-leading six pole awards. And despite missing 10 events this season, Logano still finds himself ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings.

"I'm pretty pumped about having Gran Turismo 5 on the car this weekend," Logano said. "I think GT5 is one of the best video games of all time. I've been fortunate enough to play some of the early builds of the game and even got to play against the creator of the series back in August. For GT5 to include NASCAR in the game this year is really sick. To think you can go on there and race the No. 20 car is wild. I've played racing games all my life, and it's crazy to see your own cars in the game. I can't wait for it to come out later this month."

-viper-

Banned
The release date seems to be incredibly close. Seems like a dream which is too good to be true. It will be a hell of a shock when GT5 actually arrives :p

Jim said:

It's either the 30th or they have no set release date with copies hitting retails in the last two weeks of the month. That's my theory.

VegaShinra

Jim said:
That's some hope to cling to.

Edit:

From IGN:

Update: GameStop says the quote used in the press release was outdated: "When Joey played the game earlier this fall, he was told that the game was coming out in November and was unaware of the delay," a spokesperson said.

Sew said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

VegaShinra said:

Edit:

From IGN:

Update: GameStop says the quote used in the press release was outdated: "When Joey played the game earlier this fall, he was told that the game was coming out in November and was unaware of the delay," a spokesperson said.

That's one lame cover up by GameStop.

Loudninja

VegaShinra said:

Edit:

From IGN:

That doesn't make sense.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sew said:
ajvaf.jpg

Not mine, this the guy from the other forum providing some proof.

Need some clean pants!
GOOD LORD!!! ARRGH!!!

CRY MOAR VAPORWARE BITCHES!!! 2010 RELEASE !!!

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
chubigans said:
Its...so beautiful...

Though I wish they went with something other than a rim pic on the disc. :p

How can you even say something like that at this point? I wouldn't care if the disc art was Kaz hitting it with my mom from the back while he flipped the bird.

So does he just have the disc?

Where is the case that it came in?

Has he added people to his PSN to prove that he's playing online?

I want to know more.

The one reason i'd call bogus on that is because that's not the SLS AMG rim and i'd think that they'd use that for the disc image if they were going for a closeup of a rim. But maybe not.

That guy is so doomed now. When Sony comes to kill you you fucking know it. A giant metal crab would tear the roof off of your house and no less than 6 suicide assassins would spring forth from it's belly!

Mobius 1

I think it's fake. Looks like a printed label on a regular disc.

Stamped discs have the labels printed directly on them, not on adhesive labels.

ajvaf.jpeg

Hoping to be wrong though.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Metalmurphy said:
Shouldn't the game's ID be higher? Considering games like GoW3 are already BCES-00799

Norante said:
I think it's fake. Looks like a printed label on a regular disc.

Stamped discs have the labels printed directly on them, not on adhesive labels.

Hoping to be wrong though.
Oh no...you guys might be right...hype deflating... :(

jiggles

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Shouldn't the game's ID be higher? Considering games like GoW3 are already BCES-00799
They don't work like that. GoW 3 Ultimate Trilogy Edition (which came out after GoW3) is BCES-00510

Fersis

What its fake?

I blame SONY for not announcing a release date.. i also blame them for my fatness.
YOU SUCK SORNY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom