• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
Whoop de deww!!

Another website claims to know the release date! :O

pre-orders_GT5.gif

From BTGames

Wazzim

Banned
Despera said:
And I just called my favourite store and he laughed in my face. Said that so many people are calling for the exact same game.

This thread and whole deal with GT5 went from strange to tiresome. But I'm sure after all this whining the game will come out and everyone will be too busy to get their bitchin' on.
This shit just has to end. Today damn it.

Despera said:
Whoop de deww!!

Another website claims to know the release date! :O

http://www.btgames.co.za/bt/Home_Images/pre-orders_GT5.gif[IMG]

[URL="http://www.btgames.co.za/bt/home.asp"]From BTGames[/URL][/QUOTE]
Seems a pretty legit date then, unless Sony gave it just to let them shut up.

amar212

Slayer-33 said:
Wtf is going on in here? I have been trying to follow this topic but everything is too random atm lol..

- GT5 release has been postoponed from various reasons
- gold arrives to print
- GT5 gets printed in DADC factories all over the world
- SCE Worldwide commences top-secret worldwide action of distribution
- some Czech smartasses get their hands on games ready for distribution
- YouTube and middle-fingers
- Bish banns McLaren
- no change of rims for Standard Models
- no Racing Modificiations on some models
- no official release date
- top-secret worldwide action of distribution is still ongoing
- reveal of release date should happen soon

Despera

Banned
GT5 promotion cars spotted in South Africa...

bb92fbfd94-voitures%20gran%20turismo%205-19905.jpg

e034c3f863-voitures%20gran%20turismo%205-19902.jpg

Source

Update: They contacted the guys running these promotions and asked them for any kind of confirmation regarding the release date. Their response? No comment since they "don't know, Sony didn't tell them".

Jilt

amar212 said:
- GT5 release has been postoponed from various reasons
- gold arrives to print
- GT5 gets printed in DADC factories all over the world
- SCE Worldwide commences top-secret worldwide action of distribution
- some Czech smartasses get their hands on games ready for distribution
- YouTube and middle-fingers
- Bish banns McLaren
- no change of rims for Standard Models
- no Racing Modificiations on some models
- no official release date
- top-secret worldwide action of distribution is still ongoing
- reveal of release date should happen soon

Why all the secrecy around this game, THE game of all games for Sony.
The ultimate system seller. I don't get it.

Is it possible Sony has one final surprise up there sleeves?
Are the going to surprise us so much, we all forget everything we put in here?

Jilt

This was posted already I guess, but the Stig Challenge disappeared. Could that be the reason for the delay of GT5?

I was at a press conference of GT5 the 13th of October and they stated that the Stig Challenge was in. The same day the news came out of the delay.
Right then and there they could not answer how the troubles with the Stig in real live, would translate into the game.

I think it was Amar (am i right?) who stated that the delay was not due to the 3.50 update.

Probably the reason why the Stig (Ben Collins) is seen in a NFS commercial.. :D

nofi

Jilt said:
This was posted already I guess, but the Stig Challenge disappeared. Could that be the reason for the delay of GT5?

I was at a press conference of GT5 the 13th of October and they stated that the Stig Challenge was in. The same day the news came out of the delay.
Right then and there they could not answer how the troubles with the Stig in real live, would translate into the game.

I think it was Amar (am i right?) who stated that the delay was not due to the 3.50 update.

I think it just says Top Gear Challenge now.

dwebo

nofi said:
I think it just says Top Gear Challenge now.
Yeah, within which are just some races around the track and no signs of the Stig. The "challenges" as hinted by the original screens of that menu are completely gone. Having to remove him from the game and reworking that section last-minute is as plausible an explanation as any for the delay, IMO.

nofi

dwebo said:
Yeah, within which are just some races around the track and no signs of the Stig. The "challenges" as hinted by the original screens of that menu are completely gone. Having to remove him from the game and reworking that section last-minute is as plausible an explanation as any for the delay, IMO.

I'm with you, that's entirely possible.

Haunted

bishoptl said:
Thread title (original 'GT5 goes gold, disc stamping operation in progress')

Thread title (original 'GT5 goes gold, Gaffers now holding GT Vigil Mass in anticipation')

Thread title (original 'GT5 goes gold, game leaking like engine coolant from a 98 Chevy Malibu')

Thread title (original 'It's November 7. Do you know where your GT5 is?')

Thread title (original 'It's November 7. Do you know where your GT5 is? Everyone just got trolled.')

Thread title (original 'It's November 7. Do you know where your GT5 is? Not with CZ that's for sure!')

Thread title (original 'ITT Sony turns simple Gran Turismo 5 delays into sadistic medieval torture')

Thread title (original 'Gran Turismo 5 discs in the wild; Sony still silent') changed

Thread title (original 'Gran Turismo 5 discs in the wild; Track list, trophies, opening movie leaked')

Thread title (original 'Fapping and Raging: GT5 in the wild, intro video, car nuts leaking')

Thread title (original 'Sony spanking Gaffers as they watch leaked GT5 videos')

Thread title (original 'Sony spanking Gaffers as they watch leaked GT5 videos, "It hurts so good" says some')
I like where this is going.

Mush

Despera said:
GT5 promotion cars spotted in South Africa...

bb92fbfd94-voitures%20gran%20turismo%205-19905.jpg

e034c3f863-voitures%20gran%20turismo%205-19902.jpg

Source

Update: They contacted the guys running these promotions and asked them for any kind of confirmation regarding the release date. Their response? No comment since they "don't know, Sony didn't tell them".
Shit is fake AND a day old.

dwebo said:
That sounds more logical than 3.50 update thing, or Kinect+CoD launch week.

Jilt

spats said:
Don't care about Top Gear but that's just shitty if true. Fuck you BBC.

THat's got nothing to do with the BBC, it's got to do with Ben Collins!
He decided to reveal his true identity. THe Stig is always a secret. Otherwise it does not work.
So go screw yourself Ben Collins!

Mush

Jilt said:

That's the most sane thing I've seen in this thread.

spats

Jilt said:
He decided to reveal his true identity. THe Stig is always a secret. Otherwise it does not work.

I thought that he revealed himself because of some dumb stuff the BBC did.

Ashes

Banned
Jilt said:
Of what I heard, it was because he wrote an autobiography, in which he revealed himself as THE STIG.

You would be correct. I did that thread on gaf my self. Most people seemed to already know who he was iirc. the guy just wanted to come out of the closet himself.

Ashes

Banned
Let's look at this in another light. News broke from some Russia print facility or something first. Why would it break there first? Surely it would be top level down, not the other way up? If the call came through sony and bbc not, pd to the factory, having missed the point at which things can be sent to a disc pressing facility. Where am I going wrong? I feel I'm wrong somewhere...

Jilt

Ashes1396 said:
Let's look at this in another light. News broke from some Russia print facility or something first. Why would it break there first? Surely it would be top level down, not the other way up? If the call came through sony and bbc not, pd to the factory, having missed the point at which things can be sent to a disc pressing facility. Where am I going wrong? I feel I'm wrong somewhere...

Interesting you brought this up. I don't know the answer to that, but I'll join in this theory.
Of what I heard it was a delay in Russia because of delivery problems. I might be wrong in that, but at the same press conference with Sony, the product manager of Sony said that there was no relation between that delay and a delay in the rest of Europe. After that it was announced that GT5 was delayed world wide. SO you might have a point, I just don't see how yet.

Hanmik

going to call this shop in half an hour (when they open)..

71k5y9.jpg

source: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/cdf5df6e#/cdf5df6e/96

if you look at the page the have GT5 on sale. With the writing "Nytt" (new) at the top.
If you look at Epic Mickey it also says "Nytt" (new) but with a release date written in red (6/12-2010).
Every game that hasn´t been released has a upcoming release date. The rest are all in stock. And because GT5 is listed without a date and as New .. it should be in stock.

We got the magazine yesterday at home. Off course it could just be because the magazine has been at the printers office (for translation and printing) when the release was cancelled. But none the less I will call them and see if they have it..

Senua

Gold Member
Combichristoffersen said:
Why was he banned?
bringing up negative points about GT5, didnt deserve the ban imo

Jilt said:
yea hes in fifth gear now

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jilt said:

Nah. Its 'stig challenge' not 'ben collins challenge'. And Top Gear still has the Stig so I don't see any reason for it to be delayed for that.

saladine1

My Bush quote for the hour:

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

Stay tuned for the next Bush quote of the hour.

darkwing

lols what a way to wake up, was about to raid the PS Blog when i read this in every post(?)

It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with questions/requests regarding the localization and/or release of unrelated games

:lol Sony PR, the Best!

Mush

I am a pretty big Top Gear fan, but tbh I don't really care about the removal of The Stig. However, that being said, if that was the real reason for the delay, then I am fucking livid. It makes perfect sense too. Whoever thought Sony wouldn't have their security up to snuff for their biggest game of the gen wasn't thinking straight.

Jilt

mrklaw said:
Nah. Its 'stig challenge' not 'ben collins challenge'. And Top Gear still has the Stig so I don't see any reason for it to be delayed for that.

Right, but how do you explain the change from Stig Challenge to Top Gear Challenge and absolute abcense of the stig?!

Hanmik

Hanmik said:
going to call this shop in half an hour (when they open)..

71k5y9.jpg

source: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/cdf5df6e#/cdf5df6e/96

if you look at the page the have GT5 on sale. With the writing "Nytt" (new) at the top.
If you look at Epic Mickey it also says "Nytt" (new) but with a release date written in red (6/12-2010).
Every game that hasn´t been released has a upcoming release date. The rest are all in stock. And because GT5 is listed without a date and as New .. it should be in stock.

We got the magazine yesterday at home. Off course it could just be because the magazine has been at the printers office (for translation and printing) when the release was cancelled. But none the less I will call them and see if they have it..

ha ha....just called the shop. They were just informed that the magazine had a mis-print with the game.
So I asked the Clerk when the game will be in their shop then.. She Said..

We called the retailer this morning, they are saying it will not be in the shops before next year.

This is in the Faroe Islands btw..

confuziz

Banned
Hanmik said:
ha ha....just called the shop. They were just informed that the magazine had a mis-print with the game.
So I asked the Clerk when the game will be in their shop then.. She Said..

We called the retailer this morning, they are saying it will not be in the shops before next year.

This is in the Faroe Islands btw..

Faroer Islands // Europe :D

Juicy Bob

The new Stig will be a different character, as the persona of 'The Stig' was synonymous with the whole white suit and everything. The BBC probably want to do what WWE do to all their wrestlers who go to different companies and just pretend that they never existed. It's possible that the BBC Chris Benoit-ed Ben Collins and so maybe PD were forced into removing all references to 'The Stig' at the eleventh hour as a result.

If that really is why the game was delayed, I wish they'd just come out and say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom