• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2010 [Update 6: Rock Band 3]

FrankT

LCfiner said:
Come on, Pachter.

Do Gaf a solid and get the rest of these numbers out there.

INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE!

Needs to because I fear we're not getting them otherwise unless CS drops some hints or something. I was pretty surprised he did it last month though.

Great New Vegas numbers, and wow at RB3 at 15. It's not a bad game, although I'm saying this having skipped RB2. Plastic peripheral rhythm games must have achieved total global saturation.

AlphaTwo00 said:

THE FUCK?

No. Seriously.

2D = $15?

We live in a fucked up world these days.

Join my regular rants about video game value perception. Metroid Other M was $60 and Shadow Complex was less than $20. Boxed SD game compared to Digital Download HD game.

farnham

Banned
Warm Machine said:
Join my regular rants about video game value perception. Metroid Other M was $50 and Shadow Complex was less than $20. Boxed SD game compared to Digital Download HD game.
fixed.

pilonv1

9bltdz.gif

Warm Machine said:
Join my regular rants about video game value perception. Metroid Other M was $60 and Shadow Complex was less than $20. Boxed SD game compared to Digital Download HD game.
WOAH.

Metroid Other M is now an SD game when running on 480p.

I'm backing the fuck out of here... :lol

May come back when more numbers come in, and less insanity is in the thread.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
user_nat said:
So PS3 is down on the 312k last month. Could be pretty close to the 360 though.
Yeah. The difference could even be a rounding error.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Fallout: New Vegas (360+PS3; CE+std) -- 1.01MM
Fable III (CE+std) -- 580K
Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Numbers are real, unable to comment further. And this is not a policy shift re: leaks, so don't get any ideas.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
AlphaTwo00 said:
WOAH.

480p isn't SD..?

EviLore said:
Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Numbers are real, unable to comment further. And this is not a policy shift re: leaks, so don't get any ideas.

Very disappointing for Fable then. UK numbers were up on Fable 2, so I was expecting similar in US.
Force Unleashed 2 is way down on the first also.

theBishop

Banned
AlphaTwo00 said:
WOAH.

1 = 1

stupei

Happy for New Vegas, of course. :D In a totally not-objective, it's my personal GOTY kind of way. Hope the sales keep on through the holidays.

theBishop said:
If Trine, Limbo, Braid, Shadow Complex, etc are fucked up, I don't want to be unfucked.

Limbo's a nice $15 game, but let's wait for Retro's game to come out before you start declaring it a better value for your money, okay?

Sipowicz said:
how much was little big planet?

too much!!!

farnham

Banned
If anyone does not like the Wii games then they dont need to buy it. simple as that.

For me i will buy the downloadables and the wii games as long as they entertain me.

user_nat said:
480p isn't SD..?
its ED! :lol

Alex said:
I think the main issue is that Other M and Epic Yarn are woefully mediocre games.

Personally I enjoy seeing full retail editions of these old platformers still, though there is some truth to the fact that it can take a little more justification to sell them at that price when really, really good, equally well presented titles are coming down constantly off of Steam, XBL, etc.

well i dont think games that scored above 8 on major gaming sites can be considered mediocre.

also dont forget that one of the best sellin games last year is a boxed 2d platformer

if they had released that for 15 dollars nintendo would have lost hundred millions of dollars.

Alex

Personally I enjoy seeing full retail editions of these old platformers still, though there is some truth to the fact that it can take a little more justification to sell them at that price when really, really good, equally well presented titles are coming down constantly off of Steam, XBL, etc.

I don't think that says much about the genre or style, LBP (although, I think it's a piss poor platformer) really pushed something with effort and feature set. I think the main issue is that Other M and Epic Yarn are woefully mediocre games.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
EviLore said:
Just Dance 2 -- 286K

Ok, at least Fable 3 will make a profit. However, this should be the end of the franchise.

stupei

Alex said:
I think the main issue is that Other M and Epic Yarn are woefully mediocre games.

Personally I enjoy seeing full retail editions of these types of games still, though there is some truth to the fact that it can take a little more justification to sell them at that price when really, really good, equally well presented titles are coming down constantly off of Steam, XBL, etc.

False.

What it attempts to do, it does very, very well. Now maybe that isn't something that appeals to you (for one thing, it's obviously skewing for an even younger audience), but that doesn't make it bad at what it does.

Barrett2

ShockingAlberto said:
Oh sweet

We're arguing about video game value

All games that I don't personally like should be a dollar
Hey now, that's stupid! I like that game, I would pay $90 for it!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Best I got for now:
“Fable III” (580,000 units) launched as the #2 game in October, while “Halo: Reach” (315,000 units) continued strong sales in its first full month on the market. (Source: NPD Group, October 2010)

FrankT

godhandiscen said:
Ok, at least Fable 3 will make a profit. However, this should be the end of the franchise.

Gross overstatement so I'll repeat myself;

About 5 days of sales versus 12 for Fable 2 first month. It was number one for Fable 2 in the non-combined SKU NPD. So it maybe tracking relatively about the same at 4 in the combined.

Which at that rate would be about the same. 580k 5 days versus 790k for 12. Though I do think there will be a nice break for the next one.

Yoboman

AlphaTwo00 said:
WOAH.

lol, yeah maybe you should back out of here.

ShockingAlberto said:
Oh sweet

We're arguing about video game value

All games that I don't personally like should be a dollar

I personally believe that Shadow Complex was probably worth more than $20. I would have paid $40 for it. If playtime = value, Geo Wars 2 would have been worth at least $200 to me.

It is when the price expectation for DD games hits the $5 and below zone I get really concerned with peoples concept of value. 5 games of Daytona USA (which would be 15 minutes of play) is $5 in the arcade.

Owzers

godhandiscen said:

I hope it's not the end of the franchise, but i also hope the next game doesn't suck.

markatisu

Damn I did not even realize today was NPD day, GAF was bad enough arguing over sales when we had concrete numbers and now all we have is tidbits and conjecture so the sales conversation is just abysmal.

godhandiscen said:
O_O

580,000 sold in it's first month and it's the end of the franchise? What is Lionhead going to make to bring home the bacon, Milo?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Jtyettis said:
Gross overstatement so I'll repeat myself;

Which at that rate would be about the same. 580k 5 days versus 790k for 12. Though I do think there will be a nice break for the next one.
Interesting. I still think they should give Fable a rest or set the next one in the future.

SimpleDesign said:
O_O

580,000 sold in it's first month and it's the end of the franchise? What is Lionhead going to make to bring home the bacon, Milo?

I have nothing against Fable, it's just that I wish it made a radical change for the future games.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
CadetMahoney said:
Guess gameinformer thinks it's time to break out the champagne and sing happy days are here again at Sony.
This is not gameinformaer. This Anita lady in NPD always looks for a silver lining in Sony’s numbers.

While the PS3 overall did not experience an increase from September to October, the PS3 bundle with Move experienced a 15 percent increase over September 2010.

God I hate this new NPD. What an utterly meaningless stat in the grand scheme of things.

Massa

How great that one of the buggiest games ever released sells 1 million copies. Great message to developers and publishers out there.

Top Bottom