• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cruncheons 08: Games and Shames of 2010

http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/2bbww9/Cruncheons08.mp3

For our 2010 GOTY show we welcome special guests Yazeed, Tony Orlando, & Dawn!

(10:30) Retail Games of the Year Picks (with our runner-up choices)

(31:15) Indie Games of the Year Picks

(46:10) Underappreciated Games of the Year Picks

(1:06:00) Game Shames of the Year

(1:30:00) Internet Low Points of 2010

(2:05:05) CONTEST - Find out how you can win a six-pack of PSP RPG games!

Talk to you again on Christmas Week!

:lol at the fucking pipe banging. I like that guy, i love how he drops F bombs all the time.

I keep thinking i'll give disciples 3 a try, i look at the screenshots and see the decent art and wonder "how bad could it be?"

Great episode chums.

another FUCKING game was added to the FUCKING contest pile, FUCKING guys -- our FUCKING benefactor contributed WILD FUCKING ARMS FUCKING X FUCKING F.

it's a sweet deal!

wild arms xf is one of the best games on the PSP as well. Contest reward is actually really good and I would say from past contest entries that the time it would take to enter the contest would definitely have some good expected value.

I listened to this podcast. Great episode and I thought Yazeed (Wrath2X) was a great guest and should be on a future episode. The more f-bombs the better!

I agree with the opinions about the internet and social networking. It seems that as the world gets smaller and smaller, we seem to be more and more socially isolated. I wonder if it will have significantly negative long term ramifications.

It would also be great if I can finally break the habit of being on forums. I shudder to think how many hours I've spent on forums and what I could have done in that time that would have been much more productive.

Thanks again!

GhaleonQ

I'm 10 minutes in.

My favorite type of foreign student is the kind who latches onto profanities to fill space. I find it weird to listen to people who swear a lot, but people who swear at weird times are even better. More Yazeed!

Kevtones

The fucking f-bombs made things really awkward for awhile :lol

Surprised at the Bayonetta GOTYing. I loved the gameplay but the busted turret/rocket/motorcycle levels really hurt the game for me.

Alex

The conversations about the highs and lows and social oddities of the internet were really great. I'm just hitting my mid-20s and I'm already feeling a lot of the quirks that make me out to more of an outcast lately. Crazy hype trains being a big one around here.

But to be fair I've never really cared about any platform launch. They're never that grand, especially in an era where I'm becoming more of a PC hermit than ever.

Enjoyed Kevin's little break down of people being jerks. Just nice to hear someone being sincere and not being some fresh high school graduate doing their impersonation of Dane Cook on their podcast.

Unfortunately most gaming podcasts fail to realize they're not as funny as they think they are. :|

I'm pretty sure Skype has a mute button in software. I'd make sure future guests are aware of this, but at least you guys had some fun with it.

Taking the lyrics out of context, if she's knocking on the pipe; she's already into you boss. :X

The Take Out Bandit said:
Enjoyed Kevin's little break down of people being jerks. Just nice to hear someone being sincere and not being some fresh high school graduate doing their impersonation of Dane Cook on their podcast.

Unfortunately most gaming podcasts fail to realize they're not as funny as they think they are. :|

I'm pretty sure Skype has a mute button in software. I'd make sure future guests are aware of this, but at least you guys had some fun with it.

Taking the lyrics out of context, if she's knocking on the pipe; she's already into you boss. :X

Haha, to be honest, the first time I heard the pipes clanging I decided not to say anything just so I could lay that Tony Orlando song as background music every time it happened.

well! ya learn somethin' every day. now: can i adjust my already idiosyncratic speech and pronunciation behaviors to correct it

Yoritomo

Good show. Bayonetta's a great playing game. I don't think my wife has ever seen me play it.

How the hell do you get an account approved over on that other forum (EB)? The general forums I post to the most are blocked at work. So I've signed up at the other place a couple of times over the last year but my account just gets deleted instead of approved.

Great episode, guys. Always chuckle heartily during my listen. I think I'm on the same wavelength of humour as Kevin, especially after laughing at exactly the same moments after Yazeed's bulldozer proclamations.

May you grizzled bastards have a good Christmas.

Pikelet

Robert has sold me on Settlers 7, the game looked good on the steam storefront but i have never heard anyone talk about it before now. Hopefully it goes on sale this holidays.

Good episode :)

Shambles

Usually I love this podcast but could you possibly find anyone less intelligent than Yazeed to be a guest. Trying to listen to this podcast was like taking a cheese grater to my face. You'd pull better guests from your local Jr.High.

Other than that I look forward to the next podcast where I am sure I will be interested once again. I guess it's not a surprise as generally I find any GOTY type conversation serves little purpose.

GhaleonQ

Drinky Crow said:
well! ya learn somethin' every day. now: can i adjust my already idiosyncratic speech and pronunciation behaviors to correct it

But which 1 of us has the funny podcast with rather complex discussion? Point, you.

Pikelet

Shambles said:
Usually I love this podcast but could you possibly find anyone less intelligent than Yazeed to be a guest. Trying to listen to this podcast was like taking a cheese grater to my face. You'd pull better guests from your local Jr.High.

Other than that I look forward to the next podcast where I am sure I will be interested once again. I guess it's not a surprise as generally I find any GOTY type conversation serves little purpose.
Little harsh, no?

teepo

Shambles said:

like yazeed would say

IT'S FUCKING VIDEOGAMES

Lard

Banned
Shambles said:

First time listening to the podcast, he grated on my nerves rather quickly as well.

Also, their talk about No More Heroes 2 is ridiculous.

Eel O'Brian said:
Haha, to be honest, the first time I heard the pipes clanging I decided not to say anything just so I could lay that Tony Orlando song as background music every time it happened.

Improvisational skills are important. :D

Top Bottom