• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii) Conference at Dec 27, 2010

heringer

Celine said:
BTW if you could have localized only one game what would you like to see ? Monado or Last Story ?
Had you asked this two days ago I would say definitely Xenoblade, but yesterday's conference blew me away. So I'm gonna go with The Last Story now. :D

Sallokin

ShockingAlberto said:
They also list Fatal Frame 4 as a 2011 game, which we know isn't happening.

FF2, maybe. FF4, definitely not.

FF4 is another slap in the face lol. I hadn't noticed it on the list.

aceface said:
Well...nintendo needs something to announce for the Wii during their E3 conference, right?

My thoughts exactly. I highly doubt that Nintendo have any more Wii games being developed internally aside from Zelda Skyward Sword and Rhythm Heaven Wii (I reckon that Wii Relax and Pikmin 3 have been moved to the next console).

US/EU versions of The Last Story and Xenoblade would fill the E3 announcement gap quite nicely. They'll do the same with the DS as well, with US/EU versions of Kirby DS, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Layton 4, Inazuma 11 and Pokemon Typing filling up the gap for the DS at E3.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
dragonlife29 said:
2:19 onward = <3. In fact, just the way it kicks in is fucking awesome. Not a big fan of everything before then, though.

It's very awesome. In a way, almost Metal Gear-ish.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
thefro said:
I wouldn't call the battle theme dull. It's a different style than the typical Uematsu stuff.

Something like Nail of the Heavens wouldn't fit at all with this game's battle system.

Maybe dull was the wrong word to use, but it sounds like every other epic battle track I've heard in every single trailer for an epic movie ever. It's been done before, and it's been done better.

Nail of the Heavens is just out of place. It sounds like Uematsu was trying to emulate the SNES battle themes and instead he churned out a track for Mega Man X.

Boney

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
The trailer music for Xenoblade was less yawn-inducing than Uematsu's dullness that stands for a battle theme.
I really don't understand your complains.
Heavy drums = bad?

Jomjom

Banned
anaron said:

Sorry for whatever reason, Xenoblade just didn't do it for me. I am a huge fan of Xenogears too. I think it's because I was hoping Xenoblade would be a sequel to Xenogears and I was let down.

.la1n

There is really no excuse not to bring both games over to the states as well as europe. It's not like they have a wealth of quality RPGs. It's nice seeing the old Nintendo coming back slowly.

no, it's not actually

Poyunch

ShockingAlberto said:
They also list Fatal Frame 4 as a 2011 game, which we know isn't happening.

FF2, maybe. FF4, definitely not.
To be fair Fatal Frame 4 had some technical problems which Tecmo didn't want to fix which meant Nintendo wouldn't publish it outside of Japan.

Xenoblade doesn't seem to have this problem and The Last Story doesn't seem to have many major problems.

PounchEnvy said:
To be fair Fatal Frame 4 had some technical problems which Tecmo didn't want to fix which meant Nintendo wouldn't publish it outside of Japan.

Xenoblade doesn't seem to have this problem and The Last Story doesn't seem to have many major problems.
I am not saying the list having FF4 precludes Xenoblade from releasing, just that 1Up has no sort of special information and is tossing spaghetti at a wall.

apana

Nuclear Muffin said:
My thoughts exactly. I highly doubt that Nintendo have any more Wii games being developed internally aside from Zelda Skyward Sword and Rhythm Heaven Wii (I reckon that Wii Relax and Pikmin 3 have been moved to the next console).

US/EU versions of The Last Story and Xenoblade would fill the E3 announcement gap quite nicely. They'll do the same with the DS as well, with US/EU versions of Kirby DS, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Layton 4, Inazuma 11 and Pokemon Typing filling up the gap for the DS at E3.

I've heard about this one. The game sold really well but I never got to play the DS version. That is probably a bigger game for 2011 than either Xenoblade or Last Story, if it's coming out in 2011.

If I had to pick only one title between Xenoblade and The Last Story I will go with Xenoblade since it's a much bigger game and I'm a bigger fan of Monolithsoft than I am of Mistwalker, due to the Baten series.

Boney

Banned
apana said:
I've heard about this one. The game sold really well but I never got to play the DS version. That is probably a bigger game for 2011 than either Xenoblade or Last Story, if it's coming out in 2011.
You go play it now. And then import the GBA version. And then go to Japan and play the arcade release.

Now.

Hiltz

You can download the PC version of La Mulana for free. I wanted to like it but gave up on it fast due to how platforming games aren't exactly ideal for use with a keyboard. I'm waiting on the Wiiware version ( the music rocks by the way).

The Last Story's battle system seems interesting but also kind of weird. It looks like we're generally expected to control one character in order to gain the attention of enemies and lure the towards us so magic casters can cast their spells without being interrupted. On top of that, we can use cover to perform some sneak attacks before the actual battle begins. It does look like it could make for a fun and refreshing change.

After the big disappointment of Metroid Other M's story and Epic Mickey's gameplay, I'm trying not to get myself too excited for The Last Story. Besides, MistWalker's track record isn't exactly encouraging.

Poyunch

ShockingAlberto said:
I am not saying the list having FF4 precludes Xenoblade from releasing, just that 1Up has no sort of special information and is tossing spaghetti at a wall.
Blah thought you were talking about Nintendo.

sfried

jling84 said:
Sorry for whatever reason, Xenoblade just didn't do it for me. I am a huge fan of Xenogears too. I think it's because I was hoping Xenoblade would be a sequel to Xenogears and I was let down.
Ah, but what did you think of the game itself as its own title?

Smiles and Cries said:
they replied to my tweet with a Thank You for suggesting NeoGaf as the only website needed :D

Any chance of you asking if it's really Artoon co-developing the game? They just say AQ as that's the name of what is now all four (including the main AQ publishing company) companies put together, but that was only a couple months back, so obviously they were working with either Artoon, Cavia, or Feelplus specifically. The only hint pointing to Artoon is the same director of Blue Dragon is on board and that was by Artoon.

Hero of Legend said:
Any chance of you asking if it's really Artoon co-developing the game? They just say AQ as that's the name of what is now all four (including the main AQ publishing company) companies put together, but that was only a couple months back, so obviously they were working with either Artoon, Cavia, or Feelplus specifically. The only hint pointing to Artoon is the same director of Blue Dragon is on board and that was by Artoon.

can't really make a tweet that detailed without insulting them somehow :lol

Diffense

I'm so in love with Xenoblade's setting and concept I really hope it's released outside Japan.
I mean, they teased us with Monado in 2009!

I'd easily buy Last Story as well if it were released outside Japan.
The battle system looks interesting for a JRPG and the characters have personality.

I wouldn't knock a bit of stiffness in the animation.
Square gives us 'HD' graphics then tells us we can't have towns as a result.
When graphics become a burden game-making we have serious issues.
I'd rather have a fully realised game over a few worthless graphical frills, kthxbye.

wrowa

plufim said:
Haha imagine GAF being the site to first announce a western release
They would need to delay the Western release half a year, due to the months they have to invest in waiting for the activation of their GAF account.

they replied again

replies &#8595;

haitifm Haiti [dot] FM
@
@mistwalker no problem hoping for a USA release of The Last Story >_<
29 Dec
»

mistwalker MISTWALKER Corp.
@
@haitifm Thank you for your support. I hope so, too.
22 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I wonder if thats good or bad?

Orgen

ShockingAlberto said:
Definitely just speculating

If 1Up had insider information they could talk about, they would be screaming it to the high heavens, not posting it buried in a different article.

I said it months ago and I will say it only once again: Xenoblade is coming (at least for Europe), so don't worry (I don't know anything about Last Story).

P.S: No sources sorry but it will come, trust me ;)

Top Bottom