• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

zumphry

Banned
Phor_at_a_Time_inline.jpg

Awesome.

Also, Ghaleon, great article on FUD. Pretty much said all of my complaints I have with Forge World.

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the kind words on the article.

I'm currently stuck in the most fascinating glitch in the Campaign Co-op playlist, at game start. Been about five minutes, and I'm curious how it will look when filmed. I think I'll give it another five minutes then quit and go find out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol I had a glitch happen me in MLG tonight. I was running flag on Countdown, jumping and tossing it. I was going down the back stairs from balcony and I guess it went through the fencing in the ceiling and the flag reset. Lol I was so confused. We were gonna capture it too :(

MrBig

Tashi0106 said:
Lol I had a glitch happen me in MLG tonight. I was running flag on Countdown, jumping and tossing it. I was going down the back stairs from balcony and I guess it went through the fencing in the ceiling and the flag reset. Lol I was so confused. We were gonna capture it too :(
Someone else posted about that too. Bungie fix your shit.

zumphry

Banned
Found this via Tumblr, but Isaac Hannaford has a awesome blog now. Don't know if this is old, but it's a great way to look at the Halo 3 concept art (if you don't have the Art of Halo 3 book, which I still need to find a way to get :[)

OH, and some stuff at CGHub too

ElRenoRaven

ZayneH said:
Found this via Tumblr, but Isaac Hannaford has a awesome blog now. Don't know if this is old, but it's a great way to look at the Halo 3 concept art (if you don't have the Art of Halo 3 book, which I still need to find a way to get :[)

Cool. I think concept art is interesting. Some of the Halo concept art is really amazing stuff too.

Link to Saber concept art

I really love that one. That's one area I'd love to see merchandise made. I'd love to see models made of the vehicles in the Halo universe. I'd buy those in a heartbeat.

GhaleonEB

Here's the list of GAF maps for customs tomorrow. I've been flying around them checking them out in advance...you guys are good.

ZayneH said:

I awkwardly met Isaac at PAX (chatting with Shishka) and I totally geeked out on him. The man is AMAZING.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ZayneH said:

This is way cool. Props for posting.

Plywood said:
Urk/Bungie:

Care to check this guy out? http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=Luk GoZ ClutcH

Played him and immediately knew something was up when I saw the other guy with the similar name, checked his game history and sure enough they've been getting matched up with each other in FFA Arena: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=RioT GoZ ClutcH

Aww thats cute you think there is still banning going on in Reach. You can do WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT in Reach especially boosting and idling.

By the way guys, I made some major tweaks to Firefight Predator if anybody is interested. I got some solid playtesting in with my buddies tonight and I thinks its finally reached the nice power/difficulty balance, and well defined classes.

Firefight Predator II
Download Here

Basic Setup: 1 Set. 15 lives. Stay alive!

Spartan Traits: NO SHIELDS. 110% health regen. 150% melee damage. 200% speed, 200% jump height. Unlimited ammo. You're basically a skirmisher with crazy melee weapons, on crack. Hit and run is the name of the game. ;P

Scenario Traits: Hazards On. Friendly Fire Off. Dropships On. Healthpacks On. No weapon pickups. No ordinance. Full vehicle and turret use.

This is truly a class based Firefight mode. Here are your loadouts:

20igy2c.jpg

CHAMPION (Gravity Hammer / Drop Shield)
- This is your healer class. Since nobody has any shields, health is at a premium and a drop shield is just what you need to get you back to full strength. Cowbell is always enabled in Predator II, so you can cause some serious havoc with the hammer.

ASSASSIN (Energy Sword / Active Camo)
- Think Rogue/DPS class here. Perfect for taking down tougher foes, surprise attacks and flanking.

MAVERICK (Golf Club / Hologram)
- What started as a joke is now a viable class in its own right. Hologram is a great defensive tool but also allows you to set up flanking opportunities for the team.

Secondary weapon in all classes is the plasma pistol, the most versatile weapon in the sandbox. It *will* end up saving your ass. Trust me.

Lastly, you have 3 plasma grenades. Treasure them, as there are no weapon pickups allowed and these are all you'll have on hand until you respawn.

This mode plays best on open maps where you're less liable to fall off cliffs. I'd recommend minimum 2 players, 3-4 preferred, on Overlook, Outpost, Beachhead or Waterfront.

Have fun :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
Aww thats cute you think there is still banning going on in Reach. You can do WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT in Reach especially boosting and idling.
Haha, I didn't think anything. But I'll let you have your moment. I just thought their magic system would've picked it up.

112_large.jpg

Early battle rifle concept for Halo: REACH before the BR became the DMR

And the DMR haters cried out in anguish...

Hannaford's an amazing artist. Lots of cool stuff, wow.

Gui_PT

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Three Dog Fight - 1000cR

Earn a Triple Kill in Multiplayer Matchmaking.

A Satisfied Thirst - 1800cR

Kill 250 Grunts in Firefight Matchmaking.

Stronger, Harder - 2750cR

Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Famine, Tough Luck, and Thunderstorm on.

Blue Ninja said:
112_large.jpg

Where did you find that pic?

Edit.: Found it. Damn. The Reach art looks totally stunning. Where is my Art Of Halo: Reach? (pls. let ballistic publishing publish that thing.)

Arnie

Blue Ninja said:
112_large.jpg

*Jumps back from his computer, trying not to look at the screen. Huddles into a tight ball in the corner of his room and proceeds to weep uncontrollably, trying and failing to hold back the tears of great loss.

Blue Ninja said:
112_large.jpg

I got so excited when I saw that picture thinking it was art released by 343 for there next game. Then I read the text of the post and cried a little.

The art is simply amazing though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood said:
Urk/Bungie:

Care to check this guy out? http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=Luk GoZ ClutcH

Played him and immediately knew something was up when I saw the other guy with the similar name, checked his game history and sure enough they've been getting matched up with each other in FFA Arena: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=RioT GoZ ClutcH
Ran into the same guy in my first Arena FFA game of the day.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=442841128&player=Xenolock

After reading that Bungie Weekly Update, I can't help but feel kind of great about where this game is headed. Weird I know.

Any speculation on what the "Bro" reference was about? A change to Invasion? A change to spawning in other gametypes? Change to assists? Bungie started a frat/surfing club?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Also: Customs tonight?

Bregmann Roche said:
After reading that Bungie Weekly Update, I can't help but feel kind of great about where this game is headed. Weird I know.

Any speculation on what the "Bro" reference was about? A change to Invasion? A change to spawning in other gametypes? Change to assists? Bungie started a frat/surfing club?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Also: Customs tonight?
Yep. Ghal confirmed it in the ForgeGAF thread.
I hope I'm allowed to join, even if I have drunk sth.

zumphry

Banned
If you didn't see in the post in the ForgeGAF thread, we're doing ForgeGAF map testing before regular customs so if you wanna help test maps out just send a invite to me (ZayneHumphrey) or Vhfive

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Regular HaloGAF Customs 4 hours and 45 mins from now.

If you can't make it, ForgeGAF is having Customs right now X(I think) with Zayne hosting. (beaten!)

Lazslo

Dani said:
Regular HaloGAF Customs 4 hours and 45 mins from now.

If you can't make it, ForgeGAF is having Customs right now X(I think) with Zayne hosting. (beaten!)
I'll be there battle bro

Arnie

Tashi0106 said:
Posted a couple weeks ago about the exact same incident happening to me. I was all set for a capture and it disappears right through the ceiling.

Here is the video that somebody kindly rendered for me, Bungie really need to fix this. If you and I encountered it just two weeks apart, it will probably arise during tournament play.

Kuroyume

Banned
I don't see what's so special about that BR. First off, they wouldn't have even bothered to model the leather strap, and it's not like the gun would be any better than the DMR thanks to bloom. Would have preferred to have seen it in the game instead of the AR though.

Anyway, I'm very close to general now. The slot increase has made gaining cR a bit easier. Played a bunch of Griffball to get that weekly and I can't believe how bad that game is. It's feels worse than the one that was in Halo 3 and that's saying a lot. I still don't understand how the hammer works. I melee just enough to what I think will kill someone with the gravity blast and yet I get killed... Sometimes it works though so it leaves me scratching my head.

Kuroyume said:
I don't see what's so special about that BR. First off, they wouldn't have even bothered to model the leather strap, and it's not like the gun would be any better than the DMR thanks to bloom. Would have preferred to have seen it in the game instead of the AR though.

Anyway, I'm very close to general now. The slot increase has made gaining cR a bit easier. Played a bunch of Griffball to get that weekly and I can't believe how bad that game is. It's feels worse than the one that was in Halo 3 and that's saying a lot. I still don't understand how the hammer works. I melee just enough to what I think will kill someone with the gravity blast and yet I get killed... Sometimes it works though so it leaves me scratching my head.

Host advantage.

ElRenoRaven

xxjuicesxx said:
Host advantage.
Pretty much this is the reason. I have been on both ends of it. When I get host I can't hardly be stopped. When I don't I can't hit whoever is to save my life.

That's just one more reason I'll always be a believer in dedicated servers. That way nobody has host advantage.

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Host advantage.
Yeah. I don't notice it during most games, but in Griffball, I really do. I went back to some films of moments I swear I should have won, and there are a lot of deaths where I'm dropping the hammer first, and then die before the other player even swings.

Had to drop ForgeGAF customs so I could learn to "start sucking less".
Had to eat lunch.

Whats weird is when two hammers run right at each other and do basically the same thing one person survives usually. You'd think with that latency period melee system that wouldn't happen, plus it makes no damn sense.

wwm0nkey

Ran into my first idiot on Reach yesterday. He tried to betray me for the plasma launcher and failed, then got kicked when he betrayed my friend for the sniper. Sent me a message bitching me out and to challenge him to a 1v1, needless to say me and my friends just ruined his day and I don't think Ive ever heard a grown man yell as loud as he did lol.

Letters said:
Invis sniper.. fo shame juice!! =(

Awesome overkill though.

Well the GAF custom overlords seemed to have banned Armor Lock from every gametype so what the hell am I supposed to pick!? Somehow I didn't get to vote at that meeting...

Tashi0106 said:
Capture card is pretty fuckin sexy huh? I would just make montages every day :lol

Yea I would too if I had time to play more, and teammates who didn't suck 80% of my games.

Top Bottom