• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Karl2177

AlmostMilk said:
That map is an older version of the map and it was fixed to change all the kill zones to soft kill zones. The map creator has already said something about it to bungie and according to the weekly update, bungie is going to fix it.
I thought that was in reference to Renegade. If it was intended for all of the borked BTB maps, that'd be great.

Karl2177 said:
I thought that was in reference to Renegade. If it was intended for all of the borked BTB maps, that'd be great.
Well in the weekly update, it didn't really say it was one specific map. They just said that there were some problems and that they were going to get fixed.

Well this looks strangely familiar.

KevinRo said:
they give a link to the full article at the bottom
Hah! Good catch.

Late-night news:

This song is going to be stuck in my head again. NightshadeMachinima posted a Reach music video for the "Men in Black" theme song. I love what he/she used for the noisy cricket.

Jimexproductions1 made a "rough cut" of a Halo: Reach trailer that pieced together different bits of dialogue and cutscenes. There are blemishes (the music and background noises from the original cutscenes are still present in the bits of dialogue), but I was still impressed. Give it a watch.

KevinRo

Dani said:
This is the standard acceptance level of cheats and glitches. Playing by yourself or with friends a specific Customised setting, you can play by your own rules.

When playing against others, you have to play by the governing rules in place. In online matchmaking, you play by the developer's rules. On private servers, the server admin's rules are standard.

I call bullshit.

The glitches in Halo2 were so easily pulled off that one could accidentally pull of like 10 of those glitches by accident in one game alone. Like pressing x after throwing a grenade.. the fuck?

The truth is, the glitches that were allowed in MLG did not take away from the gameplay or style of play. Infact, the glitches added longevity to the game and made it much more interesting. It changed the variables of the game from allowing someone to cheese beat you down without even shooting to you being able to punish them for being retarded.

And to anyone acting like the glithces in Halo2 were just prevalent in that game, you're wrong. Halo1 had the SAME exact glitches. Like BLB, and backpack reloading.

I actually prefer the bxr to the dumb sex dance that is created when someone tries to sprint beat you down and then you get that random moment where both players jump backwards and hopes the bloom is small enough to headshot the other person.

*edit*
Hitmonchan107 said:

they give a link to the full article at the bottom

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whoever voted for Hemo when we played objective.

zcUt9.jpg

Tunavi

Banned
After playing a game with a player called Mangina, we decided that Halo 4 will have a kicking armor ability with bloom the faster you kick

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
After playing a game with a player called Mangina, we decided that Halo 4 will have a kicking armor ability with bloom the faster you kick
The bloom makes your foot smaller thus making it harder to kick your enemies.

wwm0nkey

random question can you make a juggernaut game with 2 separate teams vs the juggernaut?

So basically 4 v 4 v 1 (with the power of 4 people :lol)

Tunavi said:
Who from HaloGAF has Bad Company 2/Vietnam for the 360?

I got Bad Company 2 but I haven't played it in ages. I've had enough with Reach and a little bit of Homefront to not look at BF for over 4 months or so.

But if you wanna play sometime, sent me an invite on Robbert014 ;)

wwm0nkey said:
Dammit why is the team option disabled in Juggernaut, had a really good idea for a game type :(

Mind sharing it? I saw your question and got thinking: What would happen when a team kills the juggernaut?, and what would happen to the ex-juggernaut? (not talking about gametypes, but just theory)

wwm0nkey

Tha Robbertster said:
Mind sharing it? I saw your question and got thinking: What would happen when a team kills the juggernaut?, and what would happen to the ex-juggernaut? (not talking about gametypes, but just theory)
Well the idea is basiclly a rip off from the last TF2 Halloween event. Picture 2 teams doing an objective or just TDM match but at random times a Juggernaut will spawn on the map and destroy both teams if they don't temporary side to kill him, this juggernaut would have A LOT of health and damage resistance BUT no shield recharge.

The juggernaut would also not be a player on either team, spawns with a hammer and has increased movement speed.

Picture a GAF custom with one player just wrecking both sides until there is a temporary truce.

MrBig

Tunavi said:
Who from HaloGAF has Bad Company 2/Vietnam for the 360?
I'm starting to regret purchasing it for pc. Haven't used a mouse for a game (in a serious manner, I play tf2 and halo pc, but I used my wacom stylus) in almost 3 years.

wwm0nkey said:
Well the idea is basiclly a rip off from the last TF2 Halloween event. Picture 2 teams doing an objective or just TDM match but at random times a Juggernaut will spawn on the map and destroy both teams if they don't temporary side to kill him, this juggernaut would have A LOT of health and damage resistance BUT no shield recharge.

The juggernaut would also not be a player on either team, spawns with a hammer and has increased movement speed.

Picture a GAF custom with one player just wrecking both sides until there is a temporary truce.

Sounds like a fun gametype. The only flaw I can see is what would the guy, who is going to be the juggernaut, gonna do for the time that the juggernaut hasn't spawned yet and when he is killed?

Tha Robbertster said:
Sounds like a fun gametype. The only flaw I can see is what would the guy, who is going to be the juggernaut, gonna do for the time that the juggernaut hasn't spawned yet and when he is killed?
Yeah, that does sound kind of awesome. Couldn't you just have two teams fighting each other until a certain time limit expires, when a random player gets turned into the Juggernaut and teleported away to a certain spawn point?

In any case, since teams aren't possible, it seems, this is all speculation anyways. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ok, so I just got over a 4 day super bad flu, still dehydrated though. I should be able to get some Halo in today, how are the community BTB maps? Did anything else change over the week?

MrBig

Another amazing mini-game from the same guy who made NASCAR
http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-mini-game-maps/123470-avalanche.html

e: I hadn't realised that you can make anything the score object with the new haloball gametype.
This opens it up to so many possibilities.
You can have weapons, AAs, anything you can pick be the thing you put in the goal. I'm having some trouble getting some inspiration for what to do with it, so if anyone has any good ideas I will be able to build it.

e2: Payload. Wolf you in?

neoism

Damn it sucks when you want to play reach, but every game is shit. First time I've ever quit out 2 in a row... :( CBTB was fun the past 2 or 3 days... First game got the snipe... betrayed...twice.... everytime I had it I was betrayed for it. The only good map is Montana gambit. :/

Just played that Nascar game, and you're right, it's goddamn awesome. Who actually made that? I remember playing something very similar a while ago, but in a very unfinished shape.

Blue Ninja said:
Yeah, that does sound kind of awesome. Couldn't you just have two teams fighting each other until a certain time limit expires, when a random player gets turned into the Juggernaut and teleported away to a certain spawn point?

In any case, since teams aren't possible, it seems, this is all speculation anyways. :lol

But hey, perhaps future developers for Halo are reading this :p

Recarpo

Decom said:
Killing a vehicle counts as a kill in the post-game report, but not during the game.

I've had games without any vehicles in them and have had that happen. Doesn't happen often, though.

neclas

Recarpo said:
I've had games without any vehicles in them and have had that happen. Doesn't happen often, though.
(un)mounted turrets, maybe? I know those count as vehicles. So maybe killing a person using one counts a vehicle kill? I know for my FF commendations, it says I've killed more vehicles than are actually reported in my "enemies" section/career stats. I think it is because of turret-weilding enemies.

neclas

Decom said:
(un)mounted turrets, maybe?
Ok, I just did some testing on Anchor 9, and my theory is partially correct.

If you kill a person on a mounted turret without knocking the turret off the stand, it counts as 1 kill.
If you kill a person on a mounted turret and knock the turret off the stand, it counts as 2 kills.
If you kill a person carrying a turret, it counts as 1 kill.

Decom said:
Ok, I just did some testing on Anchor 9, and my theory is partially correct.

If you kill a person on a mounted turret without knocking the turret off the stand, it counts as 1 kill.
If you kill a person on a mounted turret and knock the turret off the stand, it counts as 2 kills.
If you kill a person carrying a turret, it counts as 1 kill.
If you kill anybody manned in a vehicle (a turret counts as a vehicle in this game) it counts as 2 kills. But, it only gives you one point on the scoreboard. So if you kill someone manned on a turret and the turret gets dislodged, it will count as 2 kills but only 1 point.

neclas

AlmostMilk said:
If you kill anybody manned in a vehicle (a turret counts as a vehicle in this game) it counts as 2 kills. But, it only gives you one point on the scoreboard. So if you kill someone manned on a turret and the turret gets dislodged, it will count as 2 kills but only 1 point.
yes... that's exactly what i'm saying.

Top Bottom