• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City macroblockingly compressed direct feed screens

Zenith

Banned
TQXxm.jpg

hE9Gs.jpg

qTg84.jpg

xXw8O.jpg

yMdPO.jpg

pfL4P.jpg

5NsDj.jpg

FNJso.jpg

FyGXO.jpg

ojt1i.jpg

8Dw80.jpg

UJEtQ.jpg

t3Jkz.jpg

WUNDn.jpg

NJ7mY.jpg

fhePt.jpg

McURI.jpg

bR6uv.jpg

6GzQf.jpg

gjzGP.jpg

sxnBn.jpg

iaf0C.jpg

ccp1o.jpg

2IU63.jpg

BWrGO.jpg

YxtLp.jpg

IvQKi.jpg

yWKnk.jpg

vHCFU.jpg

Qqf2W.jpg

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/55295/primeras-imagenes-de-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/

Not very pretty, TBH. I can see some fan-service in there, but it looks about further from classic (or even 4/5) RE than I'm prepared to go. Unless previews/reviews look really good, I think this one's a miss for me.

Xater

It looks alright. Doesn't blo me away or anything. I need to see a proper trailer with this game in action to better judge it.

RE5 looks definitely better though.

It's hard to reconcile the appeal of seeing Raccoon City realized in such a high level of detail with my total disinterest in the premise and design of this game.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Love the dirty feel they have to it. Thanks for the images there, Temp.

Chinner

Banned
its so obvious theres gonna be a multiplayer mode where one player is leon and you have to escape from the other dudes.

slaughterking said:
Using a zombie as a shield is kinda awesome.

Really? I can't think of much that could be more stupid than holding a flesh-eating, disease-ridden thing that can pass its contagion with a single bite to me...

Too bad MT Framework only has Japanese documentation. Which makes me wonder if Inafune was so big on co-op development with other studios (especially western ones) why didn't he push for them to utilize MT Framework. In its current state all Capcom console titles not using MT (save Street Fighter 4) look far less impressive than those that do; and this looks to be no exception. But maybe Slant Six will deliver in the gameplay department (did I really just type that?).

Cosmonaut X said:
Really? I can't think of much that could be more stupid than holding a flesh-eating, disease-ridden thing that can pass its contagion with a single bite to me...
Maybe. But the fact that Hunk-guy needs a shield implies the zombies are shooting back, so that's kinda awesome in my book. :lol

Cosmonaut X said:
what if they re-kill it first?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
5NsDj.jpg

Like. I really hope the don't fuck it up. If it turns out shit Capcom'll probably think we don't want our slow-paced zombies in a wrecked city setting anymore and the next 12343 RE games will all be situated in remote, primitive villages.

Gravijah

slaughterking said:
Maybe. But the fact that Hunk-guy needs a shield implies the zombies are shooting back, so that's kinda awesome in my book. :lol

Nah, fighting other people IIRC.

also KEEP THAT RE4/RE5 SHIT OUTTA MY RE

Boney

Banned
slaughterking said:
you're also seeking to kill regular survivors in this game. Those are probably shooting back.

But eehhh at this..

Maybe they're badly taken screencaps from the new trailer from Captivate (Assuming there was one), they were probably released without permission...

Gravijah said:
Nah, fighting other people IIRC.

also KEEP THAT RE4/RE5 SHIT OUTTA MY RE
To be fair, this is a spinoff instead of a numbered title. I imagine they can take liberties like this as a result.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hE9Gs.jpg

Tali, is that you hun?

Leunam

Dem gas prices.

Also, Tyrant doesn't look as menacing as he did in RE2. Maybe it was just because of the poor graphics back then but he used to look a lot scarier.

Top Bottom