• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Karl2177

GhaleonEB said:
Seven minutes and two and a half full laps around the entire perimeter of Beachhead later, I've cleaned up the wave. I rendered the entire thing more for my personal archive, but here's the whole thing if anyone is interested. I've never had a game have me as intense as I was when I dropped the last Elite.
Amazing. The only thing to make it even more badass is if you could have ninja'd the Plasma Launcher Elite. Don't know if you would have survived though...

So you might remember that I had my Campaign progress wiped (twice) and until recently I had an Xbox that would refuse to play Reach for more than a few minutes.

Well I just got round to finishing up the campaign again and I fucking loved it. It might fuck over the canon and what not but I thoroughly enjoy it all the same. The old ending section with you racing to the Autumn is just great. The Lone Wolf epilogue remains perfect to me too. Having played a ton more multiplayer than campaign I'd forgotten just how good this engine can look too, the scale of the ship at the end if just awesome.

Anywho, just thought I'd splurge a bit as I was blown away all over again.

O D I N

randomlyrossy said:
So you might remember that I had my Campaign progress wiped (twice) and until recently I had an Xbox that would refuse to play Reach for more than a few minutes.

Well I just got round to finishing up the campaign again and I fucking loved it. It might fuck over the canon and what not but I thoroughly enjoy it all the same. The old ending section with you racing to the Autumn is just great. The Lone Wolf epilogue remains perfect to me too. Having played a ton more multiplayer than campaign I'd forgotten just how good this engine can look too, the scale of the ship at the end if just awesome.

Anywho, just thought I'd splurge a bit as I was blown away all over again.

I didn't think the canon was messed up too much.

...Wait...

:realizes what he's said and backs away:

Tunavi

Banned
I would like to see Limination in customs a lot more.

thee henery said:
Had an epic few days playing Reach
Those are dirty clips, nice

BungieTweets posted some fan art
halo%2Bspeed%2Bpainting.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yax-aob08LA

Had an epic few days playing Reach

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the ninja yoink

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16551484&player=The Henery

Yesterday got two overkills in one game, this one was particularly nice

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16648314&player=The Henery

here's the other

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16643047&player=The Henery

Oh, and for you truskill fetishists out there I went positive 24 and we still lost. Three teammates conspired to go negative 35.........

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=572530679&player=The Henery

Gui_PT

randomlyrossy said:
Any good tips (or guides) for the Gold-class Elite challenge?

I usually do Winter Contingency. Rush through 'til I get to the 1st available vehicle. After that just go through the 1st bridge and take the left path 'til you reach the river. Usually, the Elite is crossing the bridge. If you don't get that, just revert to save until you do.

Unless there's a better way.

O D I N

Gui_PT said:
I usually do Winter Contingency. Rush through 'til I get to the 1st available vehicle. After that just go through the 1st bridge and take the left path 'til you reach the river. Usually, the Elite is crossing the bridge. If you don't get that, just revert to save until you do.

Unless there's a better way.

I thought the invisible Elite running from the beacon at the start of WC was a gold elite?

Or am I getting these two confused?

EDIT: V V V According to that, I'm mistaken. Carry on, don't mind me.

neclas

randomlyrossy said:
This video shows the three locations on Winter Contingency. He will be at one of the three. Make it easier by loading from Rally Point Alpha.

EDIT: beaten. shouldn't have tried to play halo while replying.

Nutter

Domino Theory said:
I already got the 3 day badge and am going to book my flight soon, too, just waiting on Nutter. :p
Wait... There is no need to wait on me, I always go to pax now, and will be going this year as well. The more people the better. I think we need to actually plan things though.

randomlyrossy said:

I'd load up rally point A on the Package; There should be a BOB if you walk up the road to where the rest of Noble Team is standing. Usually, it runs to the back of the courtyard part.

If you don't get it on your first trie, it's pretty easy to load up the point again untill you get him.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Do I need to buy my flight when I book it, or can I reserve my flight and wait to pay it?

I haven't be in a plane since I was 6.

I think you can pay for your ticket later. I'm going to Rome with my school in 4 weeks and I only just paid the last amount of money 1 week ago.

My teacher ordered the plain tickets so I'd guess that you don't have to pay the ticket or the full price directly ;)

Cheers for the tips guys, I shall have a look at the various methods you mentioned.

Actually not sure if I'll get the chance to do the challenge tonight, but good to know anyway.

Tha Robbertster said:
I think you can pay for your ticket later. I'm going to Rome with my school in 4 weeks and I only just paid the last amount of money 1 week ago.

My teacher ordered the plain tickets so I'd guess that you don't have to pay the ticket or the full price directly ;)
Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at PAX! Especially since it'll be a day after I turn 21. :^)

Also, does anybody want to play some Team Objective? I'm taking a break from studying if anyone would like to join me.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at PAX! Especially since it'll be a day after I turn 21. :^)

Also, does anybody want to play some Team Objective? I'm taking a break from studying if anyone would like to join me.
Dax encourage me to continue reading Cryptum. But I'm going to be online in an hour.(If you want to play Defiant Playlist)

Ken

Hitmonchan107 said:
Thanks!

I'll jump on for some games. I also need a break from studying.

There's a Halo themed shirt today on http://riptapparel.com/.

Why is it when one team loses players the vast majority of the Reach population will then be complete dicks about it?

It's actually more annoying when I'm on the team with more players, cause I try to be fair about it and not take advantage of the situation. While my teammates will take it upon themselves to spawn camp, get all the powers weapons and just generally fuck over the disadvantaged team.

That being I do get some fun from it on occasion, such as just now when a dude on my team was spawn killing spartans with a sniper from the top of the Spire. So I ever so gently nudged him off the edge. It was glorious.

Karl2177

I was just watching the Halo 3 and Reach ViDocs, and realized how awesome some of the features in both games are. Assassinations would have been so awesome in Halo 3. Other things like when they talked about Armor Lock made me think of how it should have been implemented. If only I had a way to change it... 343, when you make a full-fledged Halo game, give the players the option to tweak any and all settings you can think of. Pretty please?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
randomlyrossy said:
Why is it when one team loses players the vast majority of the Reach population will then be complete dicks about it?

It's actually more annoying when I'm on the team with more players, cause I try to be fair about it and not take advantage of the situation. While my teammates will take it upon themselves to spawn camp, get all the powers weapons and just generally fuck over the disadvantaged team.

That being I do get some fun from it on occasion, such as just now when a dude on my team was spawn killing spartans with a sniper from the top of the Spire. So I ever so gently nudged him off the edge. It was glorious.
Fuck the disadvantaged team over? Spawn camping and power weapon hoarding is part of the game. At that point I'm doing whatever I can to make the guys left quit out. I just want the game to end as fast as possible to start another one.

MrBig

Karl2177 said:
I was just watching the Halo 3 and Reach ViDocs, and realized how awesome some of the features in both games are. Assassinations would have been so awesome in Halo 3. Other things like when they talked about Armor Lock made me think of how it should have been implemented. If only I had a way to change it... 343, when you make a full-fledged Halo game, give the players the option to tweak any and all settings you can think of. Pretty please?
Release it on pc. If it wasn't for consoles it would be an irrelevant complaint.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Yep. Live counter reached zero. They have to wait until next round.
Pretty much. They were stuck in camera mode, flying around watching what happened.

But look at their stats. I don't have much sympathy.

One had 11 kills and 6 deaths.

Other had 9 kills and 9 deaths.

So between the two of them, they had 20 kills. Total, in a game that had about 100. I did the rest. They can sit back and watch while I try and mop up.

Tashi0106 said:
Fuck the disadvantaged team over? Spawn camping and power weapon hoarding is part of the game. At that point I'm doing whatever I can to make the guys left quit out. I just want the game to end as fast as possible to start another one.

See I just can't think like that, there's still plenty of fun to be had for either side. I don't see the point in taking the fun out of the rest of the game for the other team just cause they were unlucky enough to have teammates who quit or had shit internet.

I just downloaded the new Halo Waypoint update. After browsing through the new stat pages, I tried to back out to the dashboard, but my Xbox froze on a black screen where you can barely see the Halo Waypoint title text.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Other than that, fantastic update, guys.

Nutter

randomlyrossy said:
See I just can't think like that, there's still plenty of fun to be had for either side. I don't see the point in taking the fun out of the rest of the game for the other team just cause they were unlucky enough to have teammates who quit or had shit internet.
Uh, So is that our problem? Should we just sit back and let the time run down? I want to play the game and if that means I have to shoot the other team when they are spawning then so be it.

Besides Spawn killing has always been part of the game as a strategy even if the other team is not a man down. Some people do not like it when they are on the receiving end, however if that is happening to you then well your team did not do a good job at controlling "something". With that said, teams who deliberately avoid the objective to spawn camp to get kills can fuck themselves.

th3dude

I'm so tired of quitters in these games. Hated it in H3 and I hate it in Reach. Just finished a time-expired BTB match of 8v2 on paradiso. Every game I join has quitters or some type of grief. Wtf.

Nutter

Hitmonchan107 said:
I just downloaded the new Halo Waypoint update. After browsing through the new stat pages, I tried to back out to the dashboard, but my Xbox froze on a black screen where you can barely see the Halo Waypoint title text.

Yes, I have had my box freeze when viewing the stats on waypoint.

Hitmonchan107 said:

Yea I had somehting similar happen to me, it prompted me to download the new update, then my dashboard claimed i'd already downloaded it. So I re-download waypoint and it gave me the 'download successful' popup. Here the screen freezes and I can't even access the dashboard or the guide so I had to shut the xbox down manually.

ChrisD84

GhaleonEB said:
Just had a rather crazy Last Man Standing episode, which ran for seven minutes. I've never had hands this sweaty before playing a Halo game. :lol

Nice clip Ghaleon =)

I need to try and play more like that when i play FF, if i'm in trouble i should just get out of there and to a safe distance, instead of trying to stand my ground and ending up dying because of it :p

randomlyrossy said:
Spoken like someone who's never been the donger, only the recipient.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
But look at their stats. I don't have much sympathy.

One had 11 kills and 6 deaths.

Other had 9 kills and 9 deaths.

So between the two of them, they had 20 kills. Total, in a game that had about 100. I did the rest. They can sit back and watch while I try and mop up.

Ghaleon is Juices alt, confirmed.

Schmitty

Tashi0106 said:
Word.

As soon as half the team has quit I want the other team to quit ASAP. Nothing worse than having 1 person left on other team for 10 minutes.

Top Bottom