• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please Stop Posting Paul Gale Network News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here we go.

This is why we check our sources, otherwise we post rumors from sites like this. >_>

More like the Extra Lols Network said:
Without further delay, I’ve been told that Hideo Kojima’s current “taboo” game in the works is based off a doctor in New York City that regularly performs circumcision to boys as part of his doctoral duties, but when his wife gives birth and he performs his own son’s circumcision and it goes wrong (killing his newborn baby), he becomes a mass murderer by using the list of all newborns in NYC that he’s performed operations on, and killing them at their family’s homes while they sleep.

You are a New York City detective that is on the case to stop this doctor who’s now mad and are taken through a complete psychological thriller/action-horror game of sorts, to stop the doc. It’s supposively a pretty twisted game and it has you failing on purpose multiple times in the beginning, to really get to you and strike you deep.

You’re constantly falling short (no pun intended) of catching the mad man, but begin to get better as your character advances, by solving puzzles as to which family will be struck next, when, etc. This apparantly is the “taboo” subject that Mr. Hideo Kojima spoke about his game having and this Saw-like title certainly sounds pretty bold and daring to say the least. It’s definitely something never done before in the video game industry that I can think of, so if true…wow I’m surprised (even moreso because of a script I wrote for South Park that deals with circumcision a few months ago).

Back to the Kojima Productions game, at sometime in the story, your own wife gives birth to a baby boy and certain events happen that further escalates the tension your character and you the player gets. Does it sound believable? Yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s real. Consider it a RUMOR, but know that I will be contacting Kojima Productions and Konami to see if I can get anything to confirm or deny such a title in development.
Source: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2010/12/04/huge-rumor-on-what-hideo-kojimas-next-big-taboo-game-is/

But yes, I wouldn't trust anything off of this site.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
As much as I love Retro, I too would want SEGA on board for any F-Zero game on Wii 2.

Hmm, is anyone asking Retro for a Yoshi game?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If it's a new Metroid Prime and it's a launch title I will fight everyone I see to get one on day one. When I say everyone, I mean literally everyone I see, even if they have no intention of buying a Wii 2.

BGBW said:
I kind of want Sega on board for that, if only for the cheesy character songs.
If there's one thing I will always love about SEGA, it's definitely their cheesy music.

But either way, F-Zero is almost guaranteed to be a disappointment without SEGA. :(

Mael

darkpaladinmfc said:
It's been 4 years since Metroid Prime 3, and Other M killed my Metroid desire well enough, so I'd love another Metroid Prime.
fix'd for me.

If anyone can bring back Metroid from the hell it's in right now it's them.

Wow, Nirolak - congrats for putting the final piece of the puzzle together:

BREAKING!

Retro Studios x Kojima Productions to develop stunning, mature new IP for launch of "Project Café"!

I thought it was a good idea to treat all information about 'Project Cafe' with more suspicion than I treat Colonel Gaddafi.

Now I know that's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom