• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3: Prototype Version -Launch title for Nintendo E-Shop [Screens/Vids]

BlueWord

Yeah, my guess is this plays out between the two; Megaman on the moon doing his thing, and Ballet on the planet doing his thing. They wouldn't feature Megaman so prominently in the artwork otherwise, right?
RIGHT!?

Shiggie said:
Why is GAF so fucking cynical about a pre-alpha demo? Prejudgment much.?
Playing as a shitty friend isn't a glitch to fix in the pre-alpha stage.

Also, this pre-alpha demo costs money.

Shiggie said:
Why is GAF so fucking cynical about a pre-alpha demo? Prejudgment much.?

It's a pre-alpha demo that Capcom is releasing to the public and charging money for. Based on what was shown, there's reason to be very skeptical about whether this will actually generate positive word of mouth for MML3 proper.

(I personally don't hate the design for the new character, so that has nothing to do with the above sentiment.)

polyh3dron said:
Playing as a shitty friend isn't a glitch to fix in the pre-alpha stage.

Also, this pre-alpha demo costs money.
This.
Instead of focusing on megaman they shove in a terrible character that doesn't even fit the scenario.
Why are they trying to scare away the megaman fans?

Foffy

Banned
So, is this Prototype Version just a paid demo to alpha/beta content, or are they going to do something more interesting like a story previous to the main game ala Duodecim Prologus?

And is this technically the first 3DSWare game for the 3DS? :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm sort of confused actually. I think I'll settle for Baret until we get a romanization.

Besides, he might end up with a different localized name lol

Foffy said:
So, is this Prototype Version just a paid demo to alpha/beta content, or are they going to do something more interesting like a story previous to the main game ala Duodecim Prologus?

This is like Nintendo releasing Mario is missing to fund super mario world.
15d6lwj.jpg

BlueWord

Ookami-kun said:
I'm sort of confused actually. I think I'll settle for Baret until we get a romanization.

Besides, he might end up with a different localized name lol

Rockman has, in Japan at least, always used musical terms to name characters (Rock, Roll, Blues, Forte, etc.). They have, in the past, altered these names for the US releases, for whatever reason (Rock/Rockman -> Megaman, Blues -> Protoman, Forte -> Bass). Ballet seems most likely in this context, but could very well be changed for the West (remember, even Aero had a different planned name for the West).

Foffy said:

AFAIK, the second to be properly announced/confirmed by its publisher after Gameloft's Let's Golf 2, though I think we previously knew about versions of Angry Birds and Cut the Rope. Nintendo still has yet to confirm whether or not 3DSWare will be available at the eShop launch, but I'm guessing that'll be addressed one way or another at the investor conference next Tuesday.

Metallix

Banned
Father_Brain said:
Nintendo still has yet to confirm whether or not 3DSWare will be available at the eShop launch, but I'm guessing that'll be addressed one way or another at the investor conference next Tuesday.
Investor's Conference? When was this announced, and will we be getting details?

creid

Is it confirmed that what they showed today is whats going to be released for 200Y? Or could it be cleaned up/expanded a bit before release?

Luigiv

duckroll said:
Do they have any money left to pay employees to polish it up?!
Of course they do, they're all on the Capcom payroll. They get a yearly salary regardless of what they're working on. If Capcom didn't want them working on the project, they would have just moved these guys elsewhere in the company.

Foffy

Banned
Father_Brain said:
AFAIK, the second to be properly announced/confirmed by its publisher after Gameloft's Let's Golf 2, though I think we previously knew about versions of Angry Birds and Cut the Rope. Nintendo still has yet to confirm whether or not 3DSWare will be available at the eShop launch, but I'm guessing that'll be addressed one way or another at the investor conference next Tuesday.

It has to be. We don't even have a date for when the shop is coming out. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
BlueWord said:
Rockman has, in Japan at least, always used musical terms to name characters (Rock, Roll, Blues, Forte, etc.). They have, in the past, altered these names for the US releases, for whatever reason (Rock/Rockman -> Megaman, Blues -> Protoman, Forte -> Bass). Ballet seems most likely in this context, but could very well be changed for the West (remember, even Aero had a different planned name for the West).

Point taken. Still, I'm interested in the supposed Western name.

Oh and yeah, a friend told me that he looks like Geo Stellar. XD

duckroll

Luigiv said:
Of course they do, they're all on the Capcom payroll. They get a yearly salary regardless of what they're working on. If Capcom didn't want them working on the project, they would have just moved these guys elsewhere in the company.

Way to ruin the running joke dude.

daffy

Banned
Trailer brought the biggest smile to my face :D

Hopefully this comes out on every eShop..

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, they have English screens up already!! omg

Be the first to try out his new close combat gameplay style, and see first-hand some of the fan contributions to the game come to life. Also, once you have finished the core missions, receive access to areas of the game not yet finished, as well as a debug menu that gives you special moves and abilities.
this is actually pretty cool. a sneek peek at the full game

Luigiv

Ahoi-Brause said:
"a brand new character to the franchise: Barrett, the reckless leader of a sky biker gang!"
Everything about this makes me hate him already.
It's like they learned nothing from the reaction to Nero in DMC4 or people hating on raiden over at konami.
I never got the Nero hate. He was pretty much identical to Dante every way except for how he played (and that was a good thing).

angelfly

Not happy about MM not being in it but I've been begging for ML3 for years so I'm definitely grabbing it day one just to ease the waiting.

Wizpig

200 yen is less than €2, I hope they price it accordingly here in Europe.
If it's, like, €5 when it launches here, i'm going to be pissed.

Anyway question time for MML GAF.

I never played a MML game. hooray. i want to play them.
I hear they came out for PSP but only in Japan: are the games on Ps3/PSP PSN so that i can digitally download them in English? other options?

NewFresh

I know it is paying to play the alpha of the game...but it looks fun and I really like the Idea of community interaction being a key part in the development.

Looking at the new artworks Barrett's design is way too busy and crammed full with details.
The worst part is that he has no coherent color-palette. It's like an amateur from deviantart designed him.
Even I could do a better job at designing a character that fits the scenario.

Ookami-kun said:
HOW COME NO ONE MADE A POST ABOUT THE OLD PSX/SATURN CAPCOM LOGO SOUND?!!!
Because it's a relatively minor (albeit pretty awesome) detail?

Wizpig said:
I hear they came out for PSP but only in Japan: are the games on Ps3/PSP PSN so that i can digitally download them in English? other options?
Not as far as I know, although I recall hearing that Capcom's looking into getting the first two games up on PSN.

Wow totally called it for the eShop launch though. I'm hyped...is there such thing as a Mega Man Cycle though...because I have never liked any MM game I've played (ZX, EXE, Star Force) and I'm really interested in this one.

I'm a little concerned that there's no mention of a release date more specific than the eShop launch. Hopefully, that hasn't slipped into June.

angelfly

Wizpig said:
200 yen is less than €2, I hope they price it accordingly here in Europe.
If it's, like, €5 when it launches here, i'm going to be pissed.

Anyway question time for MML GAF.

I never played a MML game. hooray. i want to play them.
UMD or PS1 disc versions are your only option. MML 1 and 2 can always be found on ebay but with high price tags ($50+ average).

Wow they're going to co develop a game with fans?

That's a pretty damn innovative game idea, quite frankly. Regardless of how crappy it may have looked during some of that video.

Top Bottom