• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Least you'll probably get it back on the weekend Europe, Australia's weekend has come and gone.

bryehn

Kinda sucks that we can't access our download list (yes I know its part of the store, but still).

And, has anyone noticed if your PSN+ was extended at all? I forgot to check.

Haha. Guys, you've waited nearly a month, I'm sure you can wait another 24 hours while the European servers kick into gear. :p

EDIT: The good news is that we know it's coming back now, and soon. This time yesterday we were all guessing it would be another week. :)

Carl

get2sammyb said:
Haha. Guys, you've waited nearly a month, I'm sure you can wait another 24 hours while the European servers kick into gear. :p

EDIT: The good news is that we know it's coming back now, and soon. This time yesterday we were all guessing it would be another week. :)

But but but the US has it nao, so i don't wanna wait any more :(

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
get2sammyb said:

But... I'm sick of Sony treating EU like 3rd class citizens! :(

OatmealMu

I was digging around the inFAMOUS 2 beta forums for a bit. It was slow but functional. Now, I'm getting an error about eu.playstation.com undergoing maintenance. Weird.

Ok I kind of have good news for you EU PSners out there, I'm not sure if this could be considered good news but take it for what it's worth.

Alright I live in Canada and I got my local (Canadian) PSN online a few hours ago, I changed my password & everything and got the confirmation in my email inbox.

Now.. I also have a (fake) Euro Account and a Japan Account,

I figured why not give it a shot and see if I could log into my European account aaaand...voila!
Sure enough I could change my password and log into my EU account, it's been roughly 10 minutes now, unfortunately I haven't got a confirmation email yet in my EU account email, I suspect any minute now, if not, it doesn;t matter, because it allowed me to change my password and now I am Online with my EU account from Canada (Canadian IP)

here's the dodgy part, I tried to do the same with my Asia (Japan) account and no cigar!

I got the classic "PSN is under maintenance" message.

So what can you take from this?

I think it basically means it probably is IP locked but once the Switch for PSN has been activated in your region and you actually DO have a local PSN account ( ie not an overseas fake one) once that is activated I think you are free to activate the rest of the international ones, grated those are also switched on.

This should explain why I could activate my Euro account with my Canadian IP after activating my local Canadian one, and I am guessing activating PSN in Euro regions is already well under way by now, hence why I could "free" my EU account.

And regarding my Japan account, my guess is they are moving their way slowly to the East, starting from the West of course N.A....Then EU..then Japan.

So for those of you who never ever had a local account from where you are, I suggest please make one now, with a legit email etc. activate that in your local European country, then if your primary account was a US one, then try activating that after you activated your local one.

If you already had a local one, but that wasn't your primary one, I still suggest trying to activate that first before the ones overseas.

For those of you who do not live in Europe or Japan etc. I still may suggest to try to make or log in to the account closest to your region, or at least wait until Europe and Asia is fully lit up, then try to log in to your "fake" US one.

Not sure if any of this makes sense, but for my to log into a EU account from my Canadian IP should speak for something. Good luck.

Mr_Elysia said:
I seriously doubt Sony will ip lock from regional stores. Maybe in their next console. But they won't do it for the PS3. Not now.

Sony have more than earned their reputation for removing features and functionality by now. So, IP locking is a good possibility. They have not removed anything for a while, so they must be desperate to remove something.

I just wish this would hurry up in the UK. I never got the e-mail regarding this whole mess and just want to confirm I still have my account.

PlayStation Blog EU Twitter said:
The phased rollout of certain PSN services has begun and we'll tweet when each territory goes back online.
Just popped up. Slowly getting there.
Edit: Beaten. By a TTGL fan, so it's alright.

I think I'm going to lose my alt accounts. I signed up to them all with @spam.nl accounts, so won't be able to access the emails
LLShC.gif

I also imagine if it took about six hours to get the PSN activated in just two countries, that probably have the easiest servers and other technological and legal setups, I am sure it's will take at least twice the amount of time to do the same in Europe, considering they are not only dealing whit just two countries probably at least ten different countries and their restrictions and technical limitation regarding activating PSN. just my take on it, but I donno.

EricHasNoPull said:
I also imagine if it took about six hours to get the PSN activated in just two countries, that probably have the easiest servers and other technological and legal setups, I am sure it's will take at least twice the amount of time to do the same in Europe, considering they are not only dealing whit just two countries probably at least ten different countries and their restrictions and technical limitation regarding activating PSN. just my take on it, but I donno.
I think it has more to do with size and population of the regions and they're doing a very slow rollout on purpose. The technology behind it shouldn't be much more than pushing a button at this point.

coolcole93 said:
I think I'm going to lose my alt accounts. I signed up to them all with @spam.nl accounts, so won't be able to access the emails
LLShC.gif

I'm not sure if that really matters dude...

this is the email I got and I didn't had to do anything to it, for all I cared, I could've deleted this email before I even opened it...wouldn't made any difference .

Dear EricHasNoPull

This e-mail confirms that the password for your PlayStation(R)Network Account has been changed.

If you did not intend to change your password, contact Consumer Services for further assistance.

www.us.playstation.com/corporate/contact

Thank you.

The PlayStation(R)Network Team

why people are so hung up on email confirmation on this, I don't get it??!

Andrefpvs

I wasn't aware Borat worked for the European PS Blog :eek:

We are bring Europe back online throughout the day. As we are switch it on for so many people, it will take some time. Just a little longer I promise.

edgefusion

Oh god oh god oh god! I can feel the PlayStation Network building up underneath me, surging through the ground and preparing to course through my PS3 and by extension my body. I am soooo ready.

EricHasNoPull said:
I'm not sure if that really matters dude...

this is the email I got and I didn't had to do anything to it, for all I cared, I could've deleted this email before I even opened it...wouldn't made any difference .

why people are so hung up on email confirmation on this, I don't get it??!

Thats all the email says? Anticlimatic with the fuss people were giving.

I have a q if I'm already on auto sign in with my password saved do I have to re-enter it when changing to a new password? Cause I don't think I remembered mine

Dedication Through Light said:
Thats all the email says? Anticlimatic with the fuss people were giving.
I'm curious about who the people that were fussing about that confirmation e-mail were. I know that some of us were waiting for the e-mail that let us reset our password (since we had forgotten it), since that's the only way to recover and access our accounts. If someone signed up the account with a fake e-mail and then tried to use the "forgotten password" recovery, they'd be out of luck.

UnblessedSoul said:
I have a q if I'm already on auto sign in with my password saved do I have to re-enter it when changing to a new password? Cause I don't think I remembered mine
You will be fine. :) A lot of people were in your situation. As long as it's set as "remembered", you don't need to worry about knowing it.

Australia and New Zealand first, come on. Most of the Call of Duty playing kids will be in bed for school tomorrow. No strain on the network. IT MAKES SENSE. Except nobody loves us.

;_;

KAOz

Short bus special
IonicSnake said:
Well they are fighting for gold tonight. :p

Sverige vs Finland: the Neverending Struggle. Tre Kronor mot De Finska Lejonen. Låt oss ta dem för en gångs jävla skull nu.

But yeah, we should be first! So we can have it all done, and watch the hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom