• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 3DS Screens.

thumb_33809e3_ss_0011moz.jpg

thumb_33810e3_ss_002xk8z.jpg

33811e3_ss_003bjvj.jpg

thumb_33812e3_ss_004vjvx.jpg

I'm almost ashamed to admit I've never played an Ace Combat - this will be my first. Like others have said, looking forward to some (hopefully awesome) neat 3D effects in this game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks great! Might really benefit from 3D as well since it would give the ground some real depth and make it feel as if you are truly well above it.

Frost_Ace

Last Ace combat I played was on psx, but I'll buy this one for sure: it is one of the few games that might actually be enhanced by 3D

I've never really played an Ace Combat game before, but I am thinking about getting this because I think this kind of game would be awesome in 3D.

Mlatador

Banned
lostinblue said:
How in hell did (nearly) everyone miss this?

WTF! It looks awesome!!

Sounds nice too!

Man, I was never that interested in portable consoles, but the
3DS has reached a degree of graphical cabablity I'm completely satisfied with.

Haha, near the end I think he bounces his Jet off of the water. :D

Looks pretty darn good, I've never played Ace Combat before, but are they the kind of flight game where pushing left/right rotates or it it the kind where left/right moves you in that direction?

The video looks like this game is the latter, which I would greatly prefer.

firelink

Banned
lol @ people pointing out rough edges in one out of 11 screenshots. Really grasping at straws, eh?

The thing I like about this are the volumetric clouds. Most PS360 games do not even include them.

Rodney McKay said:

Looks pretty darn good, I've never played Ace Combat before, but are they the kind of flight game where pushing left/right rotates or it it the kind where left/right moves you in that direction?

Nope, it's the former. EDIT: GraphicsHorse is right though, there is a different mode, sorry. I forgot.

Go pick up 4 or 5 for cheap if you have a PS2, they're great games.

Rodney McKay said:

The PS2 games let you switch to an easy mode like that, so this probably has the option too. I suspect this video is actually using easy mode as bouncing off the ground/water is normal in easy.

Wow, it does look nice. At first, I thought the buildings were just a few polygons far away, but it looks like you can fly to them.

Too bad I'm not an Ace Combat fan. But it does look nice.

Top Bottom