• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 - E3 2011 Gameplay and Trailer

Kaako said:
Is that Arne with that godlike mustache?

I was just going to ask...

What's up with the awesome mustache arne? ;-)

its-a-me_arne.gif

MNC said:
Will the next stop for graphics really be increasing fidelity? Or will it be the art direction?

I can't really imagine a game being photorealistic. Do we want photorealistic games?

I imagine it will be scale. you like Uncharted and GoW visual? next time, you'll get that on open world game.

This and Ass Creed are my favorite series to come out of this generation. Sure, they're bubble-gum videogames to many, but I like'm. Easy to understand, easy to play, and not so much time investment to play to the ending.

Greatly looking forward to this game. :bow Uncharted 3 :bow

wonderkins said:
This and Ass Creed are my favorite series to come out of this generation. Sure, they're bubble-gum videogames to many, but I like'm. Easy to understand, easy to play, and not so much time investment to play to the ending.

I think this plays a very big role in why I feel the exact same about these two series. Easily the best for me this generation as well.

'Easy to understand' and 'easy to play' do not necessarily mean that the games are easy to beat. They both just have this great mixture of atmosphere, storytelling, smooth and innovative cinematic gameplay which makes them so enjoyable.

Not that other games aren't great games, but because my life is really starting to pick up now (got my first real job, bought my first house, etc.) it's now so much harder to sit down and play games all day. And these type of games are excellent to just pick up and play, enjoy, and put down. And they both have great multiplayer now as well, which is also easy to just pick up and play for a short while and really adds to the value of both packages.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
holy crap at the good quality gameplay demo. Will upload it for you guys. It's going to take a few hours though.

Oh man, looks great. Hopefully the download works on the PS3. I love watching these vids in slow mo on the big screen. Thanks in advance, by the way.

wonderkins said:

magicaltrevor said:
I think this plays a very big role in why I feel the exact same about these two series. Easily the best for me this generation as well.

'Easy to understand' and 'easy to play' do not necessarily mean that the games are easy to beat. They both just have this great mixture of atmosphere, storytelling, smooth and innovative cinematic gameplay which makes them so enjoyable.

Not that other games aren't great games, but because my life is really starting to pick up now (got my first real job, bought my first house, etc.) it's now so much harder to sit down and play games all day. And these type of games are excellent to just pick up and play, enjoy, and put down. And they both have great multiplayer now as well, which is also easy to just pick up and play for a short while and really adds to the value of both packages.
Absolutely. There's a reason why I've played Uncharted 1 and 2 a dozen+ times collectively while other games are played once and forgotten. There's no boring tutorial that takes half the game to gain your character's full potential. No meaningless sidequests that are there just to add more meat and make it feel too gamey. No fetch quests, experience farming or stat-padding needed to get me to keep playing over and over.

Just pure fun.

revolverjgw said:
Is Sully's mustache going to be DLC or something? The fuck is this?

lAI4w.png

I think he's trimmed it because you see at one point that they are all dressed in tuxedos and looks like they are at some kind of ball or supper or something. Who knows?

JCreasy said:
OMG,

Imagine if an Uncharted game had lighting, explosions and destruction like this.

LAWD IN HEAVEN. Yeah, I can't wait til PS4

bba2cf4b.gif
That is one thing I think Naughty Dog's games have been a bit lack lustre in - explosions, in fact general gunplay and the sound effects to go with them.

I mean they are not bad, but ND seems to have the best fire, best water, best animation.

y_u_no_guy_poster-p228138386273377829trma_400.jpg

y u no best guns n explosions nd?

Chuck Norris said:
That is one thing I think Naughty Dog's games have been a bit lack lustre in - explosions, in fact general gunplay and the sound effects to go with them.
I mean they are not bad, but ND seems to have the best fire, best water, best animation.
y u no best guns n explosions nd?

i'm no expert in the tech department, but i believe the explosion effects is something that the RSX is very weak at, i think it was alpha transparency.

kazuma_pt said:
i'm no expert in the tech department, but i believe the explosion effects is something that the RSX is very weak at, i think it was alpha transparency.

Yep. Unfortunately. They do quite a commendable job with what they've got to work with. When we look at UC1 and the explosions in that game compared to UC2, it's quite a difference. UC3's look to be about the same at this point.

kazuma_pt said:
Doesn't water and fire fall under the same category?

And other games have done it really well on PS3. GTA and Battlefield games come to mind

Its little things like shock waves and shakey screen that stop it from lacking a bit

jett

D-Member
cameron said:
If anyone didn't see Giant Bomb's epic developer live stream last night, a NDI programmer briefly talks about how the insane physics behind the ship level was achieved.

The archive of the stream is here (skip to 1:41:15 for the talk).
http://www.justin.tv/giantbomb/b/287601041

That was an awesome conversation, can I watch the rest elsewhere? Only the first two hours show up.

Top Bottom