• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

You know what music they will play for the last vid-doc ever? Not remember reach, but the one with the string instruments, the one during Lord Hoods speech. I'm probably going to shed man tears.

That song man, used with the last vid-doc ever.... oh god.

MrBig

Louis Wu said:
I kinda like this one (released today, here).
I'm sticking with his original. Whenever I go back over my work I add unnecessary details that get in the way or make it overly detailed. Same thing happened here.
A27_StarWolf said:
You know what music they will play for the last vid-doc ever? Not remember reach, but the one with the string instruments, the one during Lord Hoods speech. I'm probably going to shed man tears.

That song man, used with the last vid-doc ever.... oh god.
Parov Stelar - Happy End

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Steelyuhas said:
Time to upgrade your OS lol.

If you wait much longer, you'll be able to go straight from Vista to Windows 8.

I still use XP. WHAT!

I just ordered some PC parts. Gonna build one!! I'm so excited. My laptop is turning 5 in December.

Crucio

Havok said:
High five, XP bro.

(I hate my PC these days.)
Yeah! XP is like the new 98. Works great and is more open and easy to understand. Its what I use, maybe because my computer is so damned old.... haha.

XP boys! Dear lord that is old!

Tashi, building your own PC is awesome. I have one and its the way to go IMO. My laptop recently turned 3 years old, so I got a new one. New laptop also got me a free Xbox 360 slim (I need to buy the hard drive though).

Tashi

Steelyuhas said:
XP boys! Dear lord that is old!

Tashi, building your own PC is awesome. I have one and its the way to go IMO. My laptop recently turned 3 years old, so I got a new one. New laptop also got me a free Xbox 360 slim (I need to buy the hard drive though).

I know man. I'm super pumped about finally ordering some parts. I ordered the motherboard, some RAM
not you ram :p
and the CD/DVD drive. Eventually I'll upgrade my streaming equipment too but I think when I first build my PC, I'll be able to run it at a much higher and acceptable resolution.

Tunavi

Banned
So Valve just made Team Fortress 2 free to play forever...

as we sit here still grieving the loss of Halo 2...

Bungie should have teamed up with Valve

MrBig

Tunavi said:

They are my two favorite devs...

wwm0nkey

Tunavi said:

Honestly they should just release Halo 2 Vista for free on the GWL Marketplace....oh wait Halo 2 STILL ISNT ON THAT!

:/

wwm0nkey

AlmostMilk said:
That would be pretty awesome but it will never happen.
They should at least release it on GFWL, maybe there would be more than 10 people on at a time then on actual good servers :D

Oh wait better idea, finally make Halo 3 for PC packed with an improved Halo 2 PC version that DOESNT suck with KB+M.

I take an unhealthy amount of joy in leaving completely incompetent teammates to die against a hopelessly better team.

Evolution in action. I am much to high to carry your asses, and I don't have the patience.

Tashi0106 said:
I know man. I'm super pumped about finally ordering some parts. I ordered the motherboard, some RAM
not you ram :p
and the CD/DVD drive. Eventually I'll upgrade my streaming equipment too but I think when I first build my PC, I'll be able to run it at a much higher and acceptable resolution.
I'm building my first desktop PC. The worst part is I don't already have a case and monitor to use, so that's additional expenses. But I too am really excited. Just hoping I don't botch it somehow and end up with a gimped computer.

stephen08

I'm not sure if this is new or not but the Bungie foundation page has a staff photo and there's a presumed destiny logo on the column.

DestinyFoundation-1.jpg

Will delete if old but I haven't seen it discussed.

Deputy Moonman said:
I'm building my first desktop PC. The worst part is I don't already have a case and monitor to use, so that's additional expenses. But I too am really excited. Just hoping I don't botch it somehow and end up with a gimped computer.

Building a PC is a lot easier than you'd think. Any idea what kind of build you going for?

Also - any HaloGAFers have Halo 2 Vista? Would love to play some customs with a few people?

wwm0nkey

Sikamikanico said:
Building a PC is a lot easier than you'd think. Any idea what kind of build you going for?

Also - any HaloGAFers have Halo 2 Vista? Would love to play some customs with a few people?
Im up for some games later today

Oh also about that destiny banner, you can see what looks to be an outline of a planet I am guessing, but I mean we already know its a sci-fi MMO so oh well XD

stephen08 said:
I'm not sure if this is new or not but the Bungie foundation page has a staff photo and there's a presumed destiny logo on the column.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/stephen08/DestinyFoundation-1.jpg[IMG]

Will delete if old but I haven't seen it discussed.[/QUOTE]

Hadn't seen that one yet, nice find!

blamite

stephen08 said:

DestinyFoundation-1.jpg

Will delete if old but I haven't seen it discussed.
I saw this earlier and was gonna post about it but forgot. Thanks for bringing this up. There are also Seven Seraphs, and FWC shirts, as well as one with an eye (Osiris maybe?) ans I think those red ones have some triangular symbol on them? A couple guys, most obviously third row center, have a logo with two circles with something in the bigger one... Tha arrangement of the circles makes me think of Dead Orbit?

This all definitely seems like stuff representing different factions from Destiny. I wonder if the Aerospace reveal could add some clue as to what these mean.

Plywood said:
Rendered one and two for you, someone else is going to have to do 3. (though it appears something's wrong with clip 1, no idea what happened there. Disembodied Soul strikes again.)

Also, wow at that QTA-story thing. Didn't expect something like that to pop up on B.net, that's HBO material. :lol

Crucio

Bungie does like to tease with those dam T-shirts!

I see now, about the Sparkast, its coming out in two weeks. That means they'll most likely be talking about the responsibility of Halo being shifted to 343i. Two weeks= After Bungie Day!

Tashi

Deputy Moonman said:

Yea I'm going to buy a case and monitor as well. I have a monitor that I have hooked up to my Xbox but I'll need another one.

stephen08 said:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/stephen08/DestinyFoundation-1.jpg[/IM]

Will delete if old but I haven't seen it discussed.[/QUOTE]
Above the destiny logo, that figure looks like the outer edge of a planet.

LosDaddie

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Switched on Blue Flames and Bungie Nameplate in celebration of the anniversary. Don't care if its overused. I'll go back on July 8th.

So this is available to use in Reach right now? The blue flames, right?

EDIT: Just did it on b.net. The "Burn Bright. Burn Blue" button now is a "share" button. I guess I did it right. Also switched my nameplate to the Bungie one too. I'll probably leave everything on after July 7th though. I've always wanted the flaming skull effect, esp in my favorite color. :)

EDIT2: Damn...when did Bungie reset our spartan armor image on b.net? Mine was up to date last time I checked...but I haven't played Reach in a few weeks. I've been busy working on my backlong (Fable 2 currently)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Blue Ninja said:
Rendered one and two for you, someone else is going to have to do 3. (though it appears something's wrong with clip 1, no idea what happened there. Disembodied Soul strikes again.)
Ah yes, thank you. That was yesterday, filter set to good connection, full green bar.

I've decided I want to try to catalog any and all of the insane mishaps and oddities I can and have been running into lately. Things like this or this or stuff that throws me for a loop such as that. Hell things that shouldn't even be possible but I'll admit are cool, like this one.

If anyone is up for rendering this: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19509013&player=Xenolock

blamite said:
I saw this earlier and was gonna post about it but forgot. Thanks for bringing this up. There are also Seven Seraphs, and FWC shirts, as well as one with an eye (Osiris maybe?) ans I think those red ones have some triangular symbol on them? A couple guys, most obviously third row center, have a logo with two circles with something in the bigger one... Tha arrangement of the circles makes me think of Dead Orbit?

This all definitely seems like stuff representing different factions from Destiny. I wonder if the Aerospace reveal could add some clue as to what these mean.
Yeah I saw that too. HaloGAF, here's what we're talking about:
34j4q4p.jpg

11aie4z.jpg

Top Bottom