• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Pandora's Tower for Wii

MisterHero

Someday I will have a beat-em-up where the action isn't obscured by shiny particle effects and sparks and explosions

looks fun and action-y otherwise

neo2046 said:

woah at the boxart:
knaq9.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Cool stuff. Love they make boxes with that age rating black. Should have done it here too.

Edit: erm how did my comment show before the box I was talking about, lol.

Dascu

Must be a niche Wii game thing. On the top of my head, Sin&Punishment 2, EarthSeeker, Zangeki no Reginleiv and No More Heroes 2 all have gorgeous boxart (in Japan).

Anyway, there's some more info on the game here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/13/pandoras_tower_update/

Looks like there's Classic Controller support. And, like what was theorized in this thread before, it's probably going to feature some exploration like in Metroid or Castlevania, rather than being a straightforward action game.

Thoraxes

Well, looks like I finally found a game to buy for May. Awesome!
Also, the soundtrack sounds awesome. Hopefully it'll be sold relatively soon after release!

Dascu

Dascu

Worthintendo said:
Awesome, now we just need Last Story announced for Euro and all is right with the world.
It's not "official", but Sakaguchi said it would be released in Europe during an interview with a French game journo.

Sylfurd

Dascu said:
Are these guys reliable?
Yes, Mathieu Minel is Marketing Director for Nintendo France. The chanel where he was interviewed, is Nolife TV. It's a very serious videogame and japanese culture TV chanel, made only with/by real nerd / geek guys and girls.

NolifeTV.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Instro said:
Incredibly disappointing really. The amount of games they haven't localized this gen is astounding.

Both subsidiaries have failed this generation. There are so many titles on the DS especially that never left Japan. At least NoE is throwing us a few bones with these Wii RPGs.

I guess for NoA it is a horrible mixture of weak currency, little demand, voiceover costs and the presence of more 'mature' content that make these localisations unattractive.

Turrican3

Ushojax said:
the presence of more 'mature' content that make these localisations unattractive.
Sounds really bizarre to me.

I mean, if there's a market that seems to like "mature" content that would probably be more USA than Europe. Unless you were referring to other companies' products that could enter into direct competition.

Anyway, nice to hear Pandora's Tower is likely to come to Europe. :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Turrican3 said:
Sounds really bizarre to me.

I mean, if there's a market that seems to like "mature" content that would probably be more USA than Europe. Unless you were referring to other companies' products that could enter into direct competition.

It's not about what the market wants though, it's about Nintendo's self image. NoA are still incredibly reluctant to risk staining their 'games for everyone' aura. Games like Disaster, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Another Code etc, which involve realistic violence and human characters dying, etc are still an awkward proposition for NoA, I think. It's not the only consideration but I'm sure it plays a part.

Turrican3

Ushojax said:
it's about Nintendo's self image. NoA are still incredibly reluctant to risk staining their 'games for everyone' aura.
Fair point.

Well, I believe this stance has to change as soon as possible if they really want to recapture the so-called "core" gamers with Wii U. We'll see anyway.

stilgar

Sylfurd said:
Yes, Mathieu Minel is Marketing Director for Nintendo France. The chanel where he was interviewed, is Nolife TV. It's a very serious videogame and japanese culture TV chanel, made only with/by real nerd / geek guys and girls.

http://deathblog.fr/Images/NolifeTV.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Funny to see Marcus being at the top of the bill when he is by large the less nerdy of the all cast :)

Dambrosi

Banned
Ah, 'tis a goode tyme to be a Europeanne Wii owner, verily, foresooth.

By the way, did we ever get any J-GAF impressions of the game? Seemed like a more complex Devil May Cry crossed with 3D Metroidvania from the videos I've seen.

I swear, if NoA doesn't bring this one over Reggie's body will not be ready for what I'm going to do to it.

Must your mind always go to a dirty place?

daffy

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
can this still be done safely without bricking your Wii?

I need a guide
Yes. You can even install a backup app just in case you do brick it, or make mistakes during installation.

Apparently Ninty has stopped fighting with new game disc updates, so the only enemy is you('re mistakes :p)

http://gwht.wikidot.com/

Edit: lol beaten, but even with 4.3U you can buy or rent certain games to run the hacks through. Info in the guide.

Top Bottom