• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day 2011 | Bungie Bids Halo Farewell

I remember me and three friends running into a group of Bungie people in the Team Slayer playlist about a month after Halo 2 came out. They...weren't very good. We beat them 50-33 on Burial Mounds. It was Frankie, Shishka, and two other people.

If that's any indication, they may be sending out a lot of steaks.

Nutter

AnEternalEnigma said:
I remember me and three friends running into a group of Bungie people in the Team Slayer playlist about a month after Halo 2 came out. They...weren't very good. We beat them 50-33 on Burial Mounds.

If that's any indication, they may be sending out a lot of steaks.
The last time they held a Bungie vs. World, they won.. Yeah.. As low as the chances are that they beat the hardcore halo Players, they are still better than 90% of the community.
And to get a steak you have to beat them by at least 20 kills.

With that said, if they run into me, Ill be sure to get my steak from Luke :p

Nutter said:
The last time they held a Bungie vs. World, they won.. Yeah.. As low as the chances are that they beat the hardcore halo Players, they are still better than 90% of the community. And to get a steak you have to beat them by at least 20 kills.

Ohhh, didn't know the 20-kill limit.

Is this Halo 3 or Halo Reach?

50-5.

Oh shit.

Hypertrooper said:
Ehm. Do you know that they just play against noobs right now?
They still got shit on. Fantastic. This is how I'm spending my work day.

Also, I was marveling at the score, not their skill. :^)

Miggytronz

oh man they are terrible.

WTF IS HE SWINGING AT WITH THAT SWORD! LOLOLOL!
KuGsj.gif

Hitmonchan107 said:
50-5.

Oh shit.

They still got shit on. Fantastic. This is how I'm spending my work day.
If you play with me, Zayne and Tunavi, they won't harm you. I promise. You are my sheep and I'm the shepherd. And I protect my sheeps.

zumphry

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
If you play with me, Zayne and Tunavi, they won't harm you. I promise. You are my sheep and I'm the shepherd. And I protect my sheeps.

Yeah but I'm liable to betray you so, yeah.

Risen

Nutter said:
The last time they held a Bungie vs. World, they won.. Yeah.. As low as the chances are that they beat the hardcore halo Players, they are still better than 90% of the community.
And to get a steak you have to beat them by at least 20 kills.

This...

plus - they cheat.

I once played in a Humpday Challenge in H3 with an old community. The first game was our pick and we rolled out TS Valhalla with BR Starts and no vehicles - we actually had the conversation in game that we needed to ease up because it we were laying it to them - we win that one of course, and then the shenanigans begin...

Nades and Spades - of course it was the first time it was ever seen and no rules were explained. We were half way done before it filtered through the group you have to actually STICK people to get point - we out slayed lol but lost.

Of course we rather stupidly (if not graciously) offered them their pick on the third and final game - I'm pretty sure it was Luke who slyly mentioned a Sandtrap TS variant. A couple of my friends jumped all over it hungry for more carnage. I tried to reason with them... to say there is no way they offer this up after the first game... but in the end we played it.

If memory serves we were up by around 30 with just a few minutes left, Bungie found extra lazers, both Scorpion tanks, and a heavy Hornet lol. To this day I have no clue where they all came from and think they used some sort of magic to conjure them.

Stories like these are what really separate Bungie from other developers - they truly do love taking part in the community they build around their games.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
I can get on to practice whenever you guys are ready

They streamer is using armor lock :lol I wonder if they'll be rolling with it exclusively tomorrow just to troll.

I'm definitely going to be on tomorrow.. at least until 2:00 pm Mountain time, and after 10:00 pm. :(

I would love to dong with Halo-GAF once again.

feel

fuck it, I'm booting Reach for a bit today, it's probably not as shit as I remember

edit- oops, brain fart! bungie day is tomorrow! and now I'm stuck playing a booooring game of 4v4 in that great looking btb map from the most recent map pack

edit2- yuck, one game is enough, I'll play multiple ones tomorrow on the BvW playlist

got promoted to field marshall though lmao!! GOTF

zumphry

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Hypah, Zaynah, Hitmonah, Tunaviah against bungie
Bungie wins with 50kills:-50kills

"AR Slayer on Boardwalk?! Fuck this!"

"ZayneHumphrey committed suicide" x50 times

MrBig said:
I can get on to practice whenever you guys are ready

I'm just going to load up Gruntpocalypse on Easy. Should be twice the difficulty of going against Bungie will be tomorrow.

Booshka

Thanks for Halo CE and your awesome UI's. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good crew to run with and get some good games in.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Ehm. Do you know that they just play against noobs right now?
One advantage they have right now is they're playing on new gamer tags, so there is no TrueSkill record. By the time tomorrow rolls around, odds are good they'll get matched up a little more evenly.

Should be a slaughter for much of today, though.
senador said:
Trueskill is per playlist though correct? So when Bungie Day Playlist goes up at midnight everyone will be at nil.
Ah, that's right. I knew that, total brain fart.

It's going to be a feeding frenzy early on. :lol

senador

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
One advantage they have right now is they're playing on new gamer tags, so there is no TrueSkill record. By the time tomorrow rolls around, odds are good they'll get matched up a little more evenly.

Should be a slaughter for much of today, though.

Trueskill is per playlist though correct? So when Bungie Day Playlist goes up at midnight everyone will be at nil.

ElRenoRaven

Deadly Cyclone said:
I still want the Halo 3 loading screen as a screensaver. Come on Urk, get someone on that. Shouldn't be too hard. :p

That to this day I think was the best loading screen I've ever seen in a Halo game.

Recarpo

If anybody is up for playing tomorrow, I'll probably be on most of the afternoon and evening. Gamertag is Recarpo so just send me a message or friend request and we can grab some steaks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome banner.

I predict that I'll cry when I watch the vidoc. End of an era.

Sai-kun

Banned
Haha, yay Bungie Day! Thanks for using my banner, Ghal. I worked very hard on it :0)

I'm putting together my team for tomorrow >:)

senador

Banned
Sai-kun, that banner is ridiculously awesome. ;)

So, on the stream they are not in a party, and are playing odd gametypes...

Squall ASF said:
Sounds Awesome! Could someone tell me what that Steak Party business is? Link is blocked from work :( Will Luke FINALLY buy us a steak dinner? :lol

Pretty sure the OP says it, but if not, yes. If you get matched up with Bungie in the Bungie Day Playlist, and beat them by 20 or more, they'll mail you 2 Omaha steaks.

Sounds Awesome! Could someone tell me what that Steak Party business is? Link is blocked from work :( Will Luke FINALLY buy us a steak dinner? :lol

GhaleonEB

Squall ASF said:
Real steaktaculars. Beat Bungie's group in the Bungie Versus the World playlist tomorrow by 20 kills, and everyone in the winning party gets two steaks sent to them from Omaha Steaks (which are as incredible as they are incredibly expensive).

GhaleonEB said:
Real steaktaculars. Beat Bungie's group in the Bungie Versus the World playlist tomorrow by 20 kills, and everyone in the winning party gets two steaks sent to them from Omaha Steaks (which are as incredible as they are incredibly expensive).
Haha wow! What a send off Bungie <3

Also <3 Ghaleon for the response.

GhaleonEB said:

I just ate an Omaha today, actually. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

Halcylon said:
Its going to be a long day of eating steak.
Welcome to Gaf, Hal. What took you so long?

<3 Bungie so much. Too bad I'll be working thru the entire day. We need to get some GAF streams up as well for those of us stuck at work
Tashi, go go!!!!
. I'll be celebrating Bungie day in spirit and hopefully vicariously thru y'all.

ElRenoRaven

Man that menu screen needs more animation. Bungie guys must be taking a dinner break. lol

And you know this Steam Sale has made me realize that if the next Hotness from Bungie is on PC, they had better have a steam version damn it. lol

blamite

There's supposed to be another Bungie Store update tomorrow, right? Hopefully it includes more Large Burn Blue shirts. I forgot to pick one up, and they're gone again! >.>

So I've been playing some Team Slayer to warm up for tomorrow, and Armor Lock is even more annoying than I remembered it. I'm so used to the comforts of Squad Slayer I've forgotten how we used to have to live. Oh well.

Satchel

Banned
Halo has been truly amazing under Bungie.

I only hope it can remain that way under 343, and that Bungie's next major project is just as amazing.

Amazing.

Top Bottom