• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations GamesCon Media | Chris Redfield is climbing a mountain.

Luigiv

Why is he climbing a mountain?

Latest Edit: Demo

the-iek said:
My complete video of the gamescom demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBpDLYmrxoU
Edit again: Blah, same as the E3 demo

Previous Edits:
GameE said:

djlr181 said:

From the other thread.
GameE said:

fernoca said:
Darn new page, so..pics from the site:

Ce3AO.jpg

XquwP.jpg

E1h93.jpg

osDIz.jpg

0QOPI.jpg

JZ18p.jpg

menHt.jpg

SZ0Oj.jpg

HlIih.jpg

0tiFh.jpg

MooMoo

Sounds picky, but I really don't like the font they chose for Mercs/Revelations. Otherwise, looks awesome! Oh, and audio still doesn't sound too great, which was a gripe I had with Mercs.

watershed

Banned
Man that trailer is pretty cool, lots of story elements revealed. I'm glad this game is looking more and more like a flushed out, lengthy experience and not a cheap spin off title.

sphinx

the piano man
this game looks very interesting. The graphics and presentation look slightly above from what I have seen on PSP but nearly not as good to say it´s near PS360 quality.

I think this game will be seen as the mario galaxy of the 3ds regarding graphics.

sphinx

the piano man
artwalknoon said:
Man that trailer is pretty cool, lots of story elements revealed. I'm glad this game is looking more and more like a flushed out, lengthy experience and not a cheap spin off title.

Not only that but the ending with " Chris where are you" points at a standard traditional Re 01,2,3, gameplay with 2 characters and parallel paths. I am digging it.

watershed

Banned
Tricky I Shadow said:
Odd trailer. And am I crazy or do these graphics look better than like 90% of the stuff on Wii?

Is this game gonna be co-op? And I wonder how they're going to handle playing as Jill+Chris.

Yeah I think its the use of shaders and the amount of darkness that makes the game look as good as it does. Also though some say the 3ds has a low poly count everything about this trailer looks better than RE4 for the gamecube which is better looking than like 80% wii games out there.

They are certainly pushing the hardware, but the zoom into first person when shooting is still weird and seems unnecessary. I guess it's easier to aim that way on a small screen?

Luigiv

dragonlife said:
Mmmmm. Can't have too much Chris.

I hope Sheva makes an appearance. I liked her.
This game is suppose to take place before RE5, so I don't see how Sheva could be integrated into the story without breaking cannon.

Luigiv said:
This game is suppose to take place before RE5, so I don't see how Sheva could be integrated into the story without breaking cannon.
Ah, I didn't know that. Media blackout, basically, but I figured I'd come in for this. Thanks for clearing it up.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
sphinx said:
this game looks very interesting. The graphics and presentation look slightly above from what I have seen on PSP.
I want the PSP games you've been playing because mine don't even stack up to the PS2, nevermind a game that seems to employ modern rendering techniques, lighting effects, post processing, pixel shaders and the like, while still having far more complex geometry than even the best high budget examples on PSP do (such as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker), and does so far more seamlessly. That it's not quite PS360 level doesn't make it close to PSP in any way considering the gigantic gap inbetween that this falls in.

Gambit

Looks great. It seems to blend RE4/5 view with horror more than action. I hope that impression turns out to be correct. Also, I love Chris' partner. She's swell

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I read it as " chris redfield is punching a mountain" and thought to myself " now that's a sequel"

:( I leave disappointed.

i was excited watching the video with the airplane wreck, brought back memories of resident evil 1/2/3. then i watched the dogs video.. blah! looked very similar to the gameplay as 4/5 but the movements were not as fluid.

Corky said:
I read it as " chris redfield is punching a mountain" and thought to myself " now that's a sequel"

:( I leave disappointed.
I'm sure he'll spar with a couple of icebergs while he's there.

The snow landscape is a perfect fit for a Resident Evil game, feels fresher than the ship setting. I hope it is a meaty game this time with a lot of content since they don't have a mercenary side game with it.

Luigiv

madmaxx350 said:
Vita version confirmed yet?
Port begging is not allowed on this forum. Yes, that still counts as port begging despite your "clever" wording. It's just as annoying and counter productive as a blatant port beg.

Luigiv said:
Port begging is not allowed on this forum. Yes, that still counts as port begging despite your "clever" wording. It's just as annoying and counter productive as a blatant port beg.

it's my bad, I was honestly asking, was just wondering if any news came out.

Trailer transcript:

Jessica: Chris, you better look at this. O'Brien, you're not gonna like this. We found the Veltro crest.
O'Brien: What?

Masked soldier: The world is in our hands! We are Veltro, vengeful messengers from the depths of the inferno.

Chris: Chris here, I received the coordinates.
Jessica: That's not far. We can be there in no time.
Chris: Ryan, we're on our way.

Masked soldier: This is the T-Abyss virus. And were equipped with **** one fifth of the earth's waters.

O'Brien: You two. Get ready to ****. I'll send Quentin Key.

Red-haired man: BSAA? A little too late.

Jessica: Any idea what's going on?
Chris: We'll sort it out later. We have to move.

Jill: This is not good. Where are you, Chris?

Shiggy said:
Looks great, wonder why other developers aren't able to deliver such graphics on the system.

Well Nintendo can't do it because their staff don't have the experience or the knowhow and most other developers (especially western developers, who make up the majority of those who know how to properly utilise shaders) don't give a shit about the 3DS. The ones that do care are making lower budget titles.

The exception is Namco, with Tekken 3DS (3D @ 60FPS with amazing graphics!)

Anyway. The trailer looks great (Hunk, is that you?!). It delivers a fresh setting with some nice atmosphere and the visuals are clearly beyond RE4 GCN.

My only issue is with that section where Chris is stuck and can't move, that section seems to SCREAM out for gyroscopic motion controls!

Top Bottom