• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Character Trailers for Dr. Strange and Nemesis T-Type

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got the latest Game Informer yesterday, and it specifically mentions in the UMvC3 article, "While Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 doesn't include any new stages, director/producer Ryota Niitsuma says that many stages have undergone such a transformation that fans might not recognize them.".

Sooo...yeah.

TDLink

Papercuts said:
I got the latest Game Informer yesterday, and it specifically mentions in the UMvC3 article, "While Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 doesn't include any new stages, director/producer Ryota Niitsuma says that many stages have undergone such a transformation that fans might not recognize them.".

Sooo...yeah.

Game Informer is flat out wrong here since a Days of Future Past stage has already been confirmed, at the least.

Khal_B

Papercuts said:

Sooo...yeah.
TDLink said:
Game Informer is flat out wrong here since a Days of Future Past stage has already been confirmed, at the least.

Hmm, so what's the deal really? I was just told by a gaffer that we're getting 4 re-skins and 4 completely new stages.

Dirtbag

The Abominable Snowman said:
Nemesis looks a bit too good. Like Hulk with farther reaching normals and a decent exploding projectile.

Sentinel.
He looks good, but I'd wait and see how predictable and punishable his moves become.

ElyrionX

If there's one franchise that we certainly didn't need four characters from, it's Resident Evil.

Nemesis looks terribly dull to be honest.

We should just get more DMC characters. I still think Nero deserves to be in this game. Why doesn't he place higher on those fan polls?

I'm also just waiting for the Frank West reveal and expecting him to be just as terrible as Haggar. Another waste of a slot.

Chavelo

ElyrionX said:
If there's one franchise that we certainly didn't need four characters from, it's Resident Evil.

Nemesis looks terribly dull to be honest.

We should just get more DMC characters. I still think Nero deserves to be in this game. Why doesn't he place higher on those fan polls?

I'm also just waiting for the Frank West reveal and expecting him to be just as terrible as Haggar. Another waste of a slot.

600107-oh_you_super.jpg

Mimir said:
If you're willing to pay more money, I'd recommend Masterworks over Essentials to get full color. Only the first volume is available in paperback at the moment, however.

I haven't read A Separate Reality, but I'll second The Oath and Triump & Torment, though Triump & Torment is really more of a Dr. Doom story.

Right, I forgot about Masterworks actually. :)

Also, T&T is mainly a Dr. Doom story, but Strange does play a significant role. Nevertheless, it's good, and Dr. Doom is awesome anyway, so there you go.

SykoTech

Strange looks way better than I thought he would.
Not sure about Nemesis, but it's nice to have a giant character on the Capcom side.

Holy fuck, Strange looks like a combo of Mags and MODOK. He can throw a bunch of shit on screen and rush you down.

I guess Rocket Raccoon & Phoenix Wright are locks for TGS, then. (If the colors are anything to go by.)

Neiteio

_dementia said:
Probably. Iron Fist and Frank West make sense for PAX I guess.
If we got Rocket Raccoon/Phoenix Wright at TGS, and Iron Fist/Frank West at PAX, I wonder where/when Nova/Vergil could appear?

Nemesis looks fittingly creepy and dangerous, and I like that he gets some range with his rocket launcher.

I didn't know what to expect from Dr. Strange, but his play style entices me. His design is appealing as well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I still wish Strange was Tessa (Red Earth) or Nina (BoF 2) instead... but he looks kinda interesting. Can't hate on cool older gentlemen in fighters too much, lol. (Though I am still kinda annoyed by they lack of water-like effects in this game. Beams and flames are getting overused.)

Nemesis Rocket launcher hyper looks really well made for DHC's. Easily appreciate this, that's a smart design choice. His size is impressive, And it should be nice to have a heavy character with hopefully USEFUL projectiles.

I love how the trailers just go ahead and show the art, lol, and don't even try to pretend we haven't seen it before.

What's the cat that pops out of Hsien-ko in THIS VIDEO, at 10 seconds in, btw? And Capcom, how dare you show us nothing new with her, + having her simply getting utterly beat down in this gameplay trailer! Ya'll don't respect the girl at all :(

~Devil Trigger~ said:
pff, we nah scared

V. Joe/Arthur/Rocket Racoon

UMVC3 doesn't care about little people!

O yea, I thought I would get used to it (and I probably will), but I still hate the character effect for x-factor. Stupid glowing bulb light inside your innards.

And some of Nemesis' lunge punches look like Q's kinda. Sweet.

Rain_ng

Banned
Wow, Strange went from a character I don't care about to someone I can't wait to try out... and Nemesis looked great too, he better have a "STAAAAAARRRRS!!!" Intro against Jill at least. He looks taller and slimmer too, which suits him. Classic Tyrant as an Alt?

SykoTech

Papercuts said:

Sooo...yeah.

That's very lame. Hopefully they are wrong as some people are saying they are.

Dirtbag

Spirit of Jazz said:
Strange looks like he has fireball/teleport mix-ups. This shit is not good :(

Yeah Strange looks beastly. I think he might be that character everyone should have been worried about before. Extremely useful looking hypers/supers/assists

Mupod

Napalm_Frank said:
That big motherfucker got a rocket launcher!

I'd be interested in the game but it looks hard to get into.

It's much, much easier to play than it looks. When MVC3 was new, my friend was dazzled by team aerial combos and didn't believe me when I told him that it's little more than just pressing buttons in a 1234 sequence over and over.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, wait, there's a Nemesis G-type or something? Because Bio3: Nemesis is just a variant of the T-virus, there's no need to proclaim "T-type" or something. :/

*watches Neme-baby's videos and ignores lame-Strange*

TDLink said:

Yeah, NYCC and TGS will have reveals. I'm still not convinced on PAX. They skipped a reveal there last year.

TheSeks said:
So, wait, there's a Nemesis G-type or something? Because Bio3: Nemesis is just a variant of the T-virus, there's no need to proclaim "T-type" or something. :/

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Nemesis_T-Type
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Nemesis-T02

That brings me back to his level 3... it's his FINAL transformation... it really bugs me that he somehow magically reverts to regular tyrant form afterwards. :(

830px-Nemesis3.jpg

Mit-

RE3 Nemesis is T-02, of the T-Type series. So, UMvC3 Nemesis is just another Nemesis from the T-Type line, not necessarily the same one from RE3 (perhaps to keep in canon somewhat? T-02 is very dead since RE3).

Also, the intros were skippable in vMvC3, whoever was stating they weren't.

Also, they picked the two least hype characters to reveal, but they're still hype.

ReiGun

TheSeks said:

Don't make me cut you, man! I'll do it!

DR2K

Banned
The Abominable Snowman said:
I seem to remember being skippable offline but not online. Maybe this is where the mistake comes from?

I believe they're unskipable because the network is still configuring both connections.

Degen

I can't picture Dr Strange not being one of the top characters. Predicting a lot of Magneto/Strange/Phoenix teams in high-level play

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Nemesis looks awesome.

I'm rolling Sent/Nemesis/Hulk for team huge/armor.
high-five cancel into X-Factor into Level 3 Hyper Bro Fist

corrosivefrost said:
Yeah, NYCC and TGS will have reveals. I'm still not convinced on PAX. They skipped a reveal there last year.
In that case, I could see NYCC revealing 4 characters instead of just two. TGS would most likely be Phoenix and Vergil, because they probably appeal most to that audience.

Khal_B

_dementia said:
In that case, I could see NYCC revealing 4 characters instead of just two. TGS would most likely be Phoenix and Vergil, because they probably appeal most to that audience.

When is NYCC?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mit- said:
RE3 Nemesis is T-02, of the T-Type series. So, UMvC3 Nemesis is just another Nemesis from the T-Type line, not necessarily the same one from RE3 (perhaps to keep in canon somewhat? T-02 is very dead since RE3).

None of this matters in fighting games. You have characters like Wesker and Phoenix who are dead in MvC3.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
TDLink said:

I'm gonna guess NYCC for Nova/Frank. TGS for Vergil/Iron Fist. PAX/other event for Phoenix Wright/Rocket Raccoon.

That brings me back to his level 3... it's his FINAL transformation... it really bugs me that he somehow magically reverts to regular tyrant form afterwards. :(

I agree, it looks pretty awkward.

Anth0ny

I swear Nemesis' animations look just like Haggars... moves about as fast. Obviously he's a heavy hitter like Mayor Mike so that makes sense I suppose.

I should probably calm down, but I have never nerd raged so hard at any character reveal ever. Nemesis looks bad ass, and I love his Lv.3!!! We need more characters like this in Marvel vs Capcom.

Dr.Strange... He looks interesting enough but that fucking hadoken like lv.1 hyper HAS GOT TO GO. It goes right though Akumas gadoken and even right though hyper Hitler force!!! Invincible on start up??? BS! If anything hopefully it does shit damage, because this is too broken.

(great for fighting dark phoenix though.. but shes already been nerfed up)

Dirtbag

_dementia said:

They reveal one Marvel and one Capcom character in groups.
Not two Capcom characters.

Going by the color coding, the reveal pairings look to be :
Iron Fist and Vergil
RR and Phoenix
Nova and Frank West

TGS is going to be Iron Fist & Vergil or RR & Phoenix.
bank it . If I were a betting man I'd say Iron Fist and Vergil makes the most sense

SnakeSlashRO said:
Dr.Strange... He looks interesting enough but that fucking hadoken like lv.1 hyper HAS GOT TO GO. It goes right though Akumas gadoken and even right though hyper Hitler force!!! Invincible on start up??? BS! If anything hopefully it does shit damage, because this is too broken.

The more I watch the videos the more broken he looks.

Dirtbag said:
They reveal one Marvel and one Capcom character in groups.
Not two Capcom characters.

Going by the color coding, the reveal pairings look to be :
Iron Fist and Vergil
RR and Phoenix
Nova and Frank West

TGS is going to be Iron Fist & Vergil or RR & Phoenix.
bank it . If I were a betting man I'd say Iron Fist and Vergil makes the most sense
Good reasoning. That makes sense, total brain-fart on my end, I forgot the parity between Marvel and Capcom characters per reveal.

Top Bottom