• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyaw said:
I mean a conquest version of it, probably without the metro part.

1801085-battlefield3_pmc8m.png

true

Raide

I really want a big Urban city-scape for a Conquest map. Plenty of buildings to run around, tanks and APC's roaming the streets. Random rockets setting up ambushes. :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You should update the OP with this new info:

CVG said:
DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troedsson has revealed fresh details on Battlefield 3's newly revealed co-op mode.

Speaking to Gaming Lives, he said there'll be six co-op missions at launch, which will be unconnected to the main campaign, although they will share some environments.

There'll be different difficulty levels and achievements, and each map should take between 20 and 50 minutes to play through.

He also confirmed co-op won't support split-screen play, so it's an online-only affair.
-6 levels, not 10
-some shared environments
-no ties to main story
-no split-screen on any platform for this mode

Spl1nter

Raide said:
I really want a big Urban city-scape for a Conquest map. Plenty of buildings to run around, tanks and APC's roaming the streets. Random rockets setting up ambushes. :D

The rockets have become sentient! The third faction in bf3 confirmed.

Nabs

LordCanti said:
NO IN GAME SERVER BROWSER ON PC!!

Battlelog for everyone!!! CONFIRMED!

So even consoles have an in-game server browser and we're stuck using a website? Nice.

Kyaw said:
No Sir Carl in BF3...

His ghost will live on, trust in DICE.

Spl1nter

on the topic of launching from battlelog. The one major plus would be if they have chat channels or a similar feature then you can enter that channel anytime to set up a game without launching the game itself. Honestly if starcraft 2 used a similar web based browser system for multiplayer it would be so much better. Its much easier to chill in a chat channel in another tab of your browser than in a game which you have to alt tab.

Another positive is that having all these systems being web based, it is a lot easier to quickly update and add functionality to the service be it stat tracking, clan support, there is no need to patch the client etc...

With all this there is the big negative of having to exit the game for new servers. Really depends on how long it takes the game to launch.

Nabs

I'd like a better chatroom system. Maybe clan chatrooms that you get added to everytime you log in (kind of like HoN). A couple of gaffers had to sit watch and invite others as they logged in. I felt horrible about that because I kept closing Battlelog by accident (I am not a tab hoarder!).

This may be a stupid question, and if its I'm sorry, but what kind of performance can one expect if their computer has the exact recommended settings? I'm getting back into PC gaming for the first time in a long time, so I really don't know much.

Spl1nter

Nabs said:
I'd like a better chatroom system. Maybe clan chatrooms that you get added to everytime you log in (kind of like HoN). A couple of gaffers had to sit watch and invite others as they logged in. I felt horrible about that because I kept closing Battlelog by accident (I am not a tab hoarder!).

Lets start a clan called the Hot Carls. Parody team hot, talk about 1942 nostalgia.

littleworm said:
This may be a stupid question, and if its I'm sorry, but what kind of performance can one expect if their computer has the exact recommended settings? I'm getting back into PC gaming for the first time in a long time, so I really don't know much.

High settings but not maxed.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Glad to hear from that QA that they're still tweaking the spawn system. It isn't set in stone and they will be taking feedback from the beta.

quartet4

Neo Member
Kyaw said:
No London.

Paris and some desert Iran map probably. 2 more urban map and 3 less urban maps probably?

I remember during one of the E3 livestreams they were talking over the video footage of the jet flying over a burning oilfield and the EA rep said that was one of the 64 player maps and it was called something like Oil Field (might have been some internal nickname).

Kyaw

Some new tidbit from the gamescom gameplay:

Players can spawn straight into a vehicle from spawn menu if a teammate is driving it.

So transport vehicles won't go to waste when a ignorant driver go off without waiting for anyone.

DTKT

Kyaw said:

Players can spawn straight into a vehicle from spawn menu if a teammate is driving it.

So transport vehicles won't go to waste when a ignorant driver go off without waiting for anyone.

Any vehicle? Or just transport ones?

Kyaw

dragonelite said:
Are those the same army dudes from E3 if so please kick me in the balls it a more pleasant experience then getting trolled for 2 hours like with E3.

It's not the same army dudes but don't expect much... DICE really doesn't want the internet to see off screen footage of their game from Gamescom booths.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has anyone seen any impressions of the co-op yet? I'd like to hear more about the technical details of the PS3 version since the Fallon clip and EA stream haven't been particularly good quality.

GenericUser

RoboPlato said:
Has anyone seen any impressions of the co-op yet? I'd like to hear more about the technical details of the PS3 version since the Fallon clip and EA stream haven't been particularly good quality.

i havent seen more than you but it almost looks like a last gen vs. next gen comparison. the pc is very far ahead. But i will get the ps3 version and i probably will have some kind of fun with it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sponk said:
i havent seen more than you but it almost looks like a last gen vs. next gen comparison. the pc is very far ahead. But i will get the ps3 version and i probably will have some kind of fun with it.
Oh I'm well aware of that but I need to replace my TV so budget for a gaming PC is gone. I'd just like to clearly get a look at the version I'll be getting.

Stallion Free said:
You should update the OP with this new info:

-6 levels, not 10
-some shared environments
-no ties to main story
-no split-screen on any platform for this mode

Will be updating now, thanks.

Arcipello said:
nope thats the personal mini UAV in action :)

I don't know, it seems strange that Demize would point this out:

Honestly cannot believe no one's commented on 1:37 in the Caspian Border Trailer... just after the bot hits the wall.

Mini-UAV seems obvious. Strange that he'd mention this specifically.

Has there been a breakdown of the Q&A? I'd like to add the info to the OP, but can't watch video right now.

Kyaw

Nothing much in QnA.

60mm portable mortars deployable.
Wall-E or the EOD Bot is for disarming mines and arming/disarming crates.

Violater said:
Why the fuck don't they show the game while they talk?

Some shitty policy since E3.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mr. Snrub said:
Has there been a breakdown of the Q&A? I'd like to add the info to the OP, but can't watch video right now.

Quick and crappy but here is some notes I took.

Wall-E can repair vehicles and arm crates

Infantry only game setting and hardcore

Can deploy mortar, deploy on ground

Wall-E bot, can carry around then place it

Scout helicopter

3d spotting. It’s being re-written, will be adjusted based on feedback.

No in game server browser, use battlelog

Will not ship with LAN mode (security)

Really really high ceiling BF3

(Caught end of statement) possible for squads to communicate to each other?

No fog to limit draw distance in BF3

Can’t control air craft carrier, but sounds like there is one on Wake Island (like what was implemented before)

Conquest “small” mentioned

Large 64
Small 32 (some maps amount of flags reduced. Depends on map)

Battle recorder (e-sports focused, hinted at) shying away from question but states it’s being worked on

Why spawn system changed
May change depending on feedback

JackEtc

From a post on reddit:
scoring changed to be more team focused
little robot can plant explosives and repair and it takes one rocket to kill it
kill cam exists
hardcore and infantry only mode
clan support in battlelog
LAN mode might come in a later patch
ceiling for air vehicles "really, really high"
aircraft carrier on wake island not controllable
helicopter handling more BF2 than BFBC2 style
they want for planes to have a higher learning curve
battle recorder "not confirmed" but if you read between the lines then it will be in there
VoIP trough battlelog
I read that "they want for planes to have a higher learning curve". My ENTIRE time I will be focused on becoming a good fighter pilot. Never played BF2, so that probably doesn't help me, but I want to fly one SO BADLY.

U
belvedere said:
Quick and crappy but here is some notes I took.

Wall-E can repair vehicles and arm crates

Infantry only game setting and hardcore

Can deploy mortar, deploy on ground

Wall-E bot, can carry around then place it

Scout helicopter

3d spotting. It’s being re-written, will be adjusted based on feedback.

No in game server browser, use battlelog

Will not ship with LAN mode (security)

Really really high ceiling BF3

(Caught end of statement) possible for squads to communicate to each other?

No fog to limit draw distance in BF3

Can’t control air craft carrier, but sounds like there is one on Wake Island (like what was implemented before)

Conquest “small” mentioned

Large 64
Small 32 (some maps amount of flags reduced. Depends on map)

Battle recorder (e-sports focused, hinted at) shying away from question but states it’s being worked on

Why spawn system changed
May change depending on feedback
thanks really informative

Kyaw

JackEtc said:
I read that "they want for planes to have a higher learning curve". My ENTIRE time I will be focused on becoming a good fighter pilot. Never played BF2, so that probably doesn't help me, but I want to fly one SO BADLY.

I'm in the same position as you. Never flew jets or played BF2. Only helos on ps3 BC2...
Doesn't help that BC2 PC version has piss poor controller support.

Should be good with joystick support in BF3.

@ Dug: Consoles will be 24 player.

New Battleblog: Battleblog #7: Battlefield 3 introduces themed co-op campaign. Not much good info, except...

The co-op missions in Battlefield 3 take place in the same world as the single player campaign, and follows a unique series of events that lead up to an explosive finish. Players in co-op will take the role of soldiers that are not tied to any one particular branch of the Armed Forces. This is an intentional design decision to allow for a vast variety in gameplay in the different co-op missions.

Sounds like it's not really an equivalent to Spec Ops mode.

To survive through the co-op missions, you’ll need to stay close to your buddy. If he goes down, lend a helping hand with the new co-op “Man down!” mechanic, that lets you revive him in the heat of battle. While being down, you can still use your secondary weapon to defend yourself, while slowly crawling to a safer spot where your friend can help you without getting shot. If both of you go down, it’s game over.

Clearing the co-op missions not only gives you scores and bragging rights – it also has benefits for your multiplayer career. There are a number of weapons that you can unlock in co-op and take with you to the regular multiplayer modes. These unlocks are based on your combined scores ackumulated throughout the co-op campaign.

Nabs

VibratingDonkey said:
Oh god. I think I managed to snag a code for BC2 Deluxe Edition. This never happens, so I don't believe it. Gonna start Origin and check.
download it and play with us this weekend

Keasar

Kyaw said:

Wait what? So any veichle is a spawnpoint as long as one guy sits in it?
Now for the inevitable battlerecorder video of one jeep driving into a base and out of it jumps the whole enemy team. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom