• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TSSZ Rumor: Border Break Might Come To XBLA/PSN, Virtua Fighter 6 Announcement Coming

XLant

Neo Member
(Courtesy of TSSZ News)

------------------------------------------------
"We promised Virtua Fighter news from our inside source ... the source–the same one who confirmed to us last year Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown would be coming to consoles in the first place, we should add–says it’s taken this long because Sega will tie in the home release with major news next year regarding its flagship fighter.

...around the time of Final Showdown‘s digital release, Sega will formally unveil its next arcade hardware, along with the next Virtua Fighter presumably running on it, simply called Virtua Fighter 6 by our insider.

...In fact, we’re quite lucky to see Final Showdown come West at all. Our source says a retail release was originally planned, but Sega West insisted on a digital release, weary of trying to strategize a more formal launch. That may be why, despite being released to XBOX 360, another Sega fighter, Virtual On: Force, was confined to Japan, so says our tipster.

If that’s not enough reason to support Final Showdown when released next Summer, this should be: Our source indicated that should VF5FS sell well, the company would consider releasing Border Break on both XBOX 360 and PS3 similarly through online distribution.

Tomorrow, we’ll give you an idea of what else Sega could bring to current consoles from the Dreamcast era, as well as whether the company may go deeper into their IP vault for re-release consideration."

Just some highlights; click the link for the full article. I've never played Border Break myself, but I've heard unanimously good things about it. Still holding out for some Daytona action...

XLant said:
...around the time of Final Showdown‘s digital release, Sega will formally unveil its next arcade hardware, along with the next Virtua Fighter presumably running on it, simply called Virtua Fighter 6 by our insider.
Lol.

These companies.

sosage

VF4 training mode = getting new comers/casuals up to speed quickly. Every fighting game since should have ctrl-c'd that idea.

Coxy

oh sweet mother of...BORDER BREAK? YESSSSSSS That's something I've been wantiong for ages and was pretty much the one announcement I wanted from sega

duckroll

Teknopathetic said:
Why Why Why would they put Border Break on PS3 and 360. And not PC.

MAKES NO SENSE SEGA.

Development resources probably. The margins are probably pretty thin on these ports anyway, especially if they're aiming for digital distribution only. It's likely they simply cannot afford to allocate resources for development and QA to make PC versions. If Sega was better run, it might be a different matter.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
BORDER BREAK!?

pagetop_9.gif

SQUEEZE THAT LOVE JUICE OUT OF MY CHICKEN BUTT RECTANGLE MAN!

That sucks jpn wanted a disc release and westside said NO. I want my disc! Hehe.

Crysis is the highest xbla game now at 20? Is their a ceiling for xbla prices? Will it do to games on demand? } know arcana hearts 3 was $30 over on psn. Ill pay whatever though.

Cool to hear about borderbreak. Hope this new arcade board next year brings some other older ip's back as well.

alstein

I suspect we'll see a $20 pricepoint, and lots of costume DLC.

I'm ok with that. If FS has an online scene, I won't need any other fighter (though I may keep up with KOF and SC if those games are great)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
XLant said:
(Courtesy of TSSZ News)

"We promised Virtua Fighter news from our inside source ... the source–the same one who confirmed to us last year Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown would be coming to consoles in the first place, we should add–says it’s taken this long because Sega will tie in the home release with major news next year regarding its flagship fighter.

...In fact, we’re quite lucky to see Final Showdown come West at all. Our source says a retail release was originally planned, but Sega West insisted on a digital release, weary of trying to strategize a more formal launch. That may be why, despite being released to XBOX 360, another Sega fighter, Virtual On: Force, was confined to Japan, so says our tipster.

If that’s not enough reason to support Final Showdown when released next Summer, this should be: Our source indicated that should VF5FS sell well, the company would consider releasing Border Break on both XBOX 360 and PS3 similarly through online distribution.

Tomorrow, we’ll give you an idea of what else Sega could bring to current consoles from the Dreamcast era, as well as whether the company may go deeper into their IP vault for re-release consideration."

Just some highlights; click the link for the full article. I've never played Border Break myself, but I've heard unanimously good things about it. Still holding out for some Daytona action...
I'm holding out for some Daytona action, too. I hope this is legit.

XLant said:

What! This is potentially fantastic news! (followed by total disappointment as modern Sega messes it up)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Border Break is literally pretty perfect for the Vita. as is Shining Force Cross Raid really.

I don't really put too much stock into TSSZ. It gets consistently trolled due to its owner believing in any crumbs thrown his way...

Pie and Beans said:
Border Break is literally pretty perfect for the Vita. as is Shining Force Cross Raid really.

I don't really put too much stock into TSSZ. It gets consistently trolled due to its owner believing in any crumbs thrown his way...
Good to know. I'll keep my expectations in check.

TreIII

New arcade hardware already? Isn't the RingEdge powerful enough as it is? :lol

But anyway, Border Break would certainly be nice to play. Though I'm not exactly thrilled at the notion that much may hinge on VF. Especially if they're just going to dangle VF6 in front of us fairly soon, if this is all true.

Ah, well.

Tain

if this is true

NEW SEGA ARCADE HARDWARE

fuck yes.

VIRTUA FIGHTER 6 ON THAT HARDWARE

jesus christ, sega, you are saving modern videogames for me like this

BORDER BREAK AT HOME IN SOME FORM

goddamn sega why do people hate you i don't get it

people

why do you hate sega i don't get it

fuckin' jesus christ

Loomer

Can't wait to see some VF6 action, kinda makes Final Showdown pointless though, at least for me. But VF6's not gonna come out very soon.

xemumanic

Teknopathetic said:
Why Why Why would they put Border Break on PS3 and 360. And not PC.

MAKES NO SENSE SEGA.

I'm betting one of their foolish answers would be 'piracy'.

In any case, I was set on buying VF5S from the moment it was announced (hell, I was waiting on it) as well as GH, so no doubt I'd buy Border Break.

Don't waste the good will, Sega.

7Th

I really, really, really hope the Border Break rumor is real; from what I've read in /m/, the game is genuinely awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok whats the deal with the cute little blue pinguin? Is it from a game or something?

I played Border Break in Tokyo last year, it was fantastic. I wonder how they'd deal with the lack of a touch screen for PS3/360, though?

Top Bottom