• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drewsky said:
Just a joke? We'll see.
It's discussed in the NPR interview, too:
Originally Jesse Pinkman was supposed to be killed off Breaking Bad during the show's first season. Paul says he didn't learn that until series creator Vince Gilligan called him over one day during lunch.

"He goes, 'Originally Jesse was supposed to die at the end of this season,' ... and instantly my heart dropped and slowed down a bit," Paul says. "And he said, 'We don't think we're going to do that anymore.' "

Gilligan told Paul that he loved the chemistry between Walt and Jesse.

"He decided to change the whole dynamic of their relationship and really the whole dynamic of the show," says Paul. "But the entire second season, the entire third season, I thought that Jesse could be a goner at any moment because there's many things that this character could screw up on, and he could definitely meet his deathbed at any moment."

Other cast members, including Bryan Cranston, would joke around on set with Paul about his character's potential demise.

"Bryan would come up and give me a hug and say, 'I'm not going to say anything but it was such a pleasure working with you. It's been an amazing past year-and-a-half, and you have a huge career ahead of you,' " he says. "They would always joke around about it. They've kind of slowed down about it, but who knows — this kid could die at any second."
Cranston giving him crap about it :lol

dave is ok said:
There were at least 10 people there besides him.
Too bad they all drank the
nqvj80.jpg

Jack Scofield said:
Nah, the ridiculous part is that a cartel boss would share his (obviously valuable) liquor with a dozen of his underlings.
Gus called them "capos" meaning they were sub-bosses, no? I don't think they were all random underlings.

Razorskin said:
I hate PT Cruisers so much, I would disown my parents if I was gifted that thing.
Skyler thinking a PT Cruiser was a good car to get for her teenaged son in the year 2011 (which have been uncool since the moment they came out 12 years ago) actually took me out of the moment. I don't think any mother could be that clueless.

Does anyone have the 4chan image which (tongue-in-cheek) purported to be a scene from season 4, wherein Walt confesses that he let Jane die to Jesse? I've been trying to find it for awhile now, but I must not be searching for the correct tags. It was very humorous.

(Don't worry, it's not a real spoiler, it's just a joke by some random internet denizen.)

satriales

shadyspace said:
Skyler thinking a PT Cruiser was a good car to get for her teenaged son in the year 2011 (which have been uncool since the moment they came out 12 years ago) actually took me out of the moment. I don't think any mother could be that clueless.
Worse than that is Walt Jnr being unhappy after being given a brand new car. When I was 16 I was given a 15+yr old hatchback that looked a mess as it had been sitting on a farm for years, and I loved it. I was just happy to have my own car and be able to drive.

Smision said:
stolen from reddit:

That doesn't even make sense. The reason they have a blindfold in that scene is not so that they don't see the people they are dealing with, it's so they don't know where exactly the meeting is being held, or how to get there again. It doesn't guarantee that they won't be killed at the meeting.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Cornballer said:
Gus called them "capos" meaning they were sub-bosses, no? I don't think they were all random underlings.
The underlings weren't allowed to drink, which was a nice touch. It's why Mike didn't drink and had to choke that other dude out who didn't drink.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Summary Man said:
Does anyone have the 4chan image which (tongue-in-cheek) purported to be a scene from season 4, wherein Walt confesses that he let Jane die to Jesse? I've been trying to find it for awhile now, but I must not be searching for the correct tags. It was very humorous.

(Don't worry, it's not a real spoiler, it's just a joke by some random internet denizen.)
ybQXN.png

satriales said:
Worse than that is Walt Jnr being unhappy after being given a brand new car. When I was 16 I was given a 15+yr old hatchback that looked a mess as it had been sitting on a farm for years, and I loved it. I was just happy to have my own car and be able to drive.

That doesn't even make sense. The reason they have a blindfold in that scene is not so that they don't see the people they are dealing with, it's so they don't know where exactly the meeting is being held, or how to get there again. It doesn't guarantee that they won't be killed at the meeting.
You probably didn't get a much nicer car until it was taken away by your "bitch mother" before getting that hatchback either. If all he ever got was the PT Cruiser, his reaction would have been different.

satriales

Master Thespian said:
You probably didn't get a much nicer car until it was taken away by your "bitch mother" before getting that hatchback either. If all he ever got was the PT Cruiser, his reaction would have been different.
Well I had lessons in a brand new car which was much much nicer than the one I was later given. Being given a car is all about suddenly having the freedom to go wherever you want whenever you want, the car itself is not important.

I was going to say that I can't imagine any 16yr old being disappointed with a new car as a gift, but then I remembered seeing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7mwTK564o

Cardigan

satriales said:
I don't know, the PT Cruiser is a pretty douchey looking car. I probably would have taken my first car (1995 Volvo sedan) over a new PT Cruiser when I was 16.

Juancho9 said:
Did you guys know that Jesse was actually suppose to be killed off in the first season?

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=140040966&m=140593710

And Tuco was supposed to be the Season 2 villain (aka he wasn't supposed to die).
But due to some other show commitments he could only appear in the first two episodes. Gilligan said that had this happened, he doesn't think Gus would have ever been created.

(The source of this was one of the Breaking Bad Insider podcasts, not sure which one)

The last episode reinforces my theory that the events of the show are just an elaborate way to make a burnout like Jesse finally appreciate chemistry.

It's basically an incredibly violent, convoluted version of Schoolhouse Rock.

BertramCooper said:
The last episode reinforces my theory that the events of the show are just an elaborate way to make a burnout like Jesse finally appreciate chemistry.

It's like an incredibly violent, convoluted version of Schoolhouse Rock.
lol after school special

big ander

BertramCooper said:

It's basically an incredibly violent, convoluted version of Schoolhouse Rock.
Haha, last shot is Jesse addressing the camera like "and that, kids, is why we're always careful around red phosphorus."

SalsaShark said:
Walt talking about his dad was Cranston's best delivery this season
I think ''I am the one who knocks'' was his best delivery, while the crying scene the last episode was his best performance.

I never really noticed that Walt/Cranston ha blue eyes until this episode.

Yoboman

Gold Member
mysticwhip said:
I think ''I am the one who knocks'' was his best delivery, while the crying scene the last episode was his best performance.

Cranston was superb this episode. If they submit any episode for Cranston this season for next years awards it has to be this one

BigAT

Prediction for the finale:

Gus has an unarmed Walter White trapped and is ready to finally settle this loose end by killing Walt. All hope appears to be lost, when suddenly a PT Cruiser comes out of nowhere, running over Gus. Flynn then opens the door, hobbles out and says "R-R-Run."

CIJ45.jpg

BigAT said:

Gus has an unarmed Walter White trapped and is ready to finally settle this loose end by killing Walt. All hope appears to be lost, when suddenly a PT Cruiser comes out of nowhere, running over Gus. Flynn then opens the door, hobbles out and says "R-R-Run."

Walter will die of cancer before before any final battle between him and Gus. Gus will be killed by the cartels. Jessie will disappear to another country, and start a new life that is law abiding and drug free.

Salsa

mysticwhip said:

I am the one who knocks is easy. He's got that pinned down, badass Walt he knows how to pull off, and it didnt strike me as a strong moment in his acting but rather just a good line.

Shaking like an empty spray can like there was nothing left in him though.. that's a hard line to pull, and he did it absolutely perfect.

Skyler telling Ted that she paid for his $600,000 IRS bill will lead to Walt almost getting captured. Walt will have Ted killed. Skyler will leave Walt for good. Walt will die of cancer.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
BigAT said:

Gus has an unarmed Walter White trapped and is ready to finally settle this loose end by killing Walt. All hope appears to be lost, when suddenly a PT Cruiser comes out of nowhere, running over Gus. Flynn then opens the door, hobbles out and says "T-Thats for making me miss b-b-breakfast"
Fixed

Fry

BigAT said:

CIJ45.jpg

zo6s7o.gif
zo6s7o.gif

R-r-run killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom