• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

amar212

eso76 said:
but what if you move the save back to old console again ?

I don't have it any more, I had to physically erase it from my new SlimBox in order to even start a FM3 game on the new console.

And no, I didn't "moved" it back to USB before erasure because I was mesmerized by the whole outcome and it didn't crossed my mind to do so until now. Now I am pretty much screwed in all fronts I guess :)

Grassy

That sucks Amar :(

I just checked my Forza 3 stats and I have around 320 hours all-up and I have hardly touched the game in the last year and a half...damn!

I need Forza 4!!!

Is it possible to pull apart an Xbox HDD case and stuff the drive into a slim console without fucking around with transfers?

I though about replacing one of my 360s with 4GB slim.

eek5

drugstore_cowboy said:
Is it possible to pull apart an Xbox HDD case and stuff the drive into a slim console without fucking around with transfers?

I though about replacing one of my 360s with 4GB slim.

Yeah. You can buy a 360s knockoff enclosure for it if you move your 360 around a lot. I just shoved mine in and have it propped up with something.

eso76

amar212 said:
I don't have it any more, I had to physically erase it from my new SlimBox in order to even start a FM3 game on the new console.

And no, I didn't "moved" it back to USB before erasure because I was mesmerized by the whole outcome and it didn't crossed my mind to do so until now. Now I am pretty much screwed in all fronts I guess :)

Well, this sucks.

Not to be selfish, but sucks even more because i was just planning to buy a slim for fm4.

Press is palying the game already for weeks, Jeff from giantbomb mentioned it a few times on the bombcast.

this is good.
so floodgates open on ALL aspects of the game ?
When will Blim Blim get his copy ? :D

Snowballo

Mascot said:
camino.jpg

Just came here.
Is it related to this Motorstorm Pacific Rift track?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Amar hang in there man!

If anything thanks for the heads up bro.. I'll definitely be using my hdd xfer cable to move my shit to my slim60's 250 gig hdd.

amar212 said:
I have just 2 weeks to work my way back up to LV50. I have to find great inner strength in order to start career form the start. And my Zen is seriously low after yesterday.

just download a level 50 save game and use xtaf.

Hi all, new to Neogaf. As I suggested to Amar, he can create one livery and we could all chip in, i know i will, at least for him to buy cars that are needed to unlock cars in F4. Since i have around 10m Cr. and F4 is coming, I won't be needed that cash any way.

saladine1

Dzidza1978 said:
Hi all, new to Neogaf. As I suggested to Amar, he can create one livery and we could all chip in, i know i will, at least for him to buy cars that are needed to unlock cars in F4. Since i have around 10m Cr. and F4 is coming, I won't be needed that cash any way.
Dan,is that you?
Where's my media FFS?

skyfinch

That sucks, amar. I also lost my FM3 save in the exact same manner. However, it was completely my fault. I "moved" my FM3 file onto usb, forgot I had it one there, then wiped the usb thumbdrive clean a couple days later. Don't know what's up with your DLC problems, though. I was able to download all my DLC without any problems.

If you need any cars, let us know. I also have some CR that I'll never use.

Anyway, going to pick up Gears 3 tonight. At least I'll have something to do until Friday.

DasRaven

amar212 said:
I lost EVERYTHING regarding my Forza 3 game last night.

Dear NeoGaf members, NEVER USE USB TRANSFER FOR data management of Forza gamesaves. NEVER. EVER.

Damn.

I so wish you've posted before because I would've told you that this exact thing happened to me in 2010. Lost everything including 5 unicorns and 80% of the Event list completed.

And sorry to say, T10/Jube won't help you recover anything, the community will. This was actually one of the problems that pushed me to relegate the 360 to "exclusives-only" use.

skyfinch

DasRaven said:
I so wish you've posted before because I would've told you that this exact thing happened to me in 2010. Lost everything including 5 unicorns. And sorry to say, T10/Jube won't help you recover anything, the community will.

Jube sent me a nice selection of cars when I lost my save file.

DasRaven

skyfinch said:
Jube sent me a nice selection of cars when I lost my save file.

Right, as a community member, Jube can help just like anyone else with money/cars to spare. But they are no help in recovering the things that are actually difficult to obtain, unicorns, even if you can prove you owned them.
There's no good reason for this, but its policy.

The_Monk

Hey Amar I know that feeling bro, it's awful.

I'm going to start fresh either way in Forza 4, hope to have some GAFfers on XBL by then.

Damn, that sucks amar. Same shit happened to me but it was a bug when installing the UE version of the game and it deleting then starting a new save. I wasn't quite level 50 or have any Unicorns but the pain is the same.

If you do what the other person mentioned I could donate some credits to you if you make a livery and put it on the marketplace or something. Maybe not get to level 50 but you can always have some of the cars for the data transfer.

soundscream said:
Assuming amar wants to join the GAF car club, wont he be able to use from our pool of cars?

Yeah, but he might be above joining us plebeians with the circles he runs in =P

Oh yeah, who's going to start it anyway? Game is coming out pretty
not
soon
enough
and I'd love to get that going and know who to friend and such for the rivals mode stuff.

amar212

flyinpiranha said:
Yeah, but he might be above joining us plebeians with the circles he runs in =P

Please, no, I will be very happy to race every one of the fellow GAFfers in Forza 4 and join the club.

My Croatian community hosts just few of us Forza players, because X360 is not so strong in Croatia and just half of dozen of my GTSurgeons members are Forza players. I will be honored to join official GAForza Club in days to come!

Also, regarding my *situation*, I really thank you all for your support and everything. All I probably need right now is just a small amount of credits, because I will start career from scratch and work my way up to LV50 as fast as I can. Money will not be the problem in later stages and I will get 50 cars during the way.

If GAF is willing to help, I will put some nice but cheap cars on the Auction House and label them as GAForza Club with some simple yet beautiful livery. I will post the details here when I am done and I welcome anyone willing to spend his hard-earned cash to donate me.

Thank you all in advance, I now hope that my Download History from Xbox.com will work and I will be able to get all my DLC back. Will inform about everything later today.

nagge

I can gift you a F430GT if you want one, I got two for some odd reason.

Restarted the career myself about a month ago, got myself a new xbox and have worked my way up to lvl42 now without really putting any effort in to it. So I'm sure you will have no real trouble being prepared for Forza 4 :)

amar212 said:

Dude, I'm happy to gift you any car you may need, I have a few. As well as some decals. Add me on xbl (REW138).

Ps. Is there a proper, tried and tested procedure for moving save files to slims, cos I am contemplating upgrading from my non-hdmi box. I don't want to lose anything :-(

DasRaven

evil_as_skeletor said:
Dude, I'm happy to gift you any car you may need, I have a few. As well as some decals. Add me on xbl (REW138).

Ps. Is there a proper, tried and tested procedure for moving save files to slims, cos I am contemplating upgrading from my non-hdmi box. I don't want to lose anything :-(

Yes, use the transfer cable. It is the only way to be sure.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Transfer

There are some that make the rounds in the Forza community or buy one for $18.

BTW: The Top Gear homespace is just the best thing ever, love it.
Season pass is win for me since I was already going to buy every DLC pack anyway. Hopefully the discount is good.

shinnn

Turn 10 Studios is offering fans a special deal to help fuel their car passion all year long with the “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass. The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is your ticket to six game add-on packs of the title’s downloadable content as they’re released through the next year. Check out the full details below:

Starting 14th October, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers for only 2,400 Microsoft points – redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 per cent overall saving as compared to purchasing the content separately.

Delivering 60 of the hottest cars to supplement your “Forza” experience, the six game add-ons included in the Season Pass offer will be released from November 2011 to April 2012 and are must-haves for “Forza Motorsport” fans, whether you like to race, tune or simply collect cars from the hundreds of available models in “Forza Motorsport 4.”

The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is also the key to the ultimate day-one experience. Fans who purchase the Season Pass will receive the first game add-on, the “American Muscle” car pack as an additional bonus

· The American Muscle car pack includes:
o 1965 Pontiac GTO
o 1968 Pontiac Firebird
o 1970 Buick GSX
o 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
o 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
o 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
o 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
o 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
o 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
o 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

http://gamingbolt.com/forza-4-a-whole-lot-of-announcements-including-day-one-dlc

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Turn 10 Studios Announces the “Forza Motorsport 4” Game Add-on Season Pass, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track, and Day-One Downloadable Content

“Forza Motorsport 4” Xbox LIVE demo arriving 3rd October for Xbox LIVE Gold members and 7th October for all other Xbox LIVE members

LONDON — 22 September, 2011 — Revving up for the launch of “Forza Motorsport 4” on 14th October 2011, Turn 10 Studios is offering fans a special deal to help fuel their car passion all year long with the “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass. The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is your action-packed ticket to six game add-on packs of the title’s downloadable content as they’re released through the next year.

Starting 14th October, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers for only 2,400 Microsoft points – redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 per cent overall saving as compared to purchasing the content separately.

Delivering 60 of the hottest cars  to supplement your “Forza” experience, the six game add-ons included in the Season Pass offer will be released from November 2011 to April 2012 and are must-haves for “Forza Motorsport” fans, whether you like to race, tune or simply collect cars from the hundreds of available models in “Forza Motorsport 4.”

The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is also the key to the ultimate day-one experience. Fans who purchase the Season Pass will receive the first game add-on, the “American Muscle” car pack as an additional bonus

·         The American Muscle car pack includes:
o   1965 Pontiac GTO
o   1968 Pontiac Firebird
o   1970 Buick GSX
o   1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
o   1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
o   1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
o   1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
o   1967 Dodge Cornet W023
o   1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
o   1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

Indianapolis Motor Speedway comes to Forza Motorsport 4
Operating continuously for more than a century, Indianapolis Motor Speedway is one of the world’s most iconic tracks and home to the greatest American auto race: the Indianapolis 500. The team at Turn 10 went to painstaking lengths to capture every element of the speedway, including the legendary Brickyard, the instantly recognizable Pagoda building, and Gasoline Alley. Stay tuned for an upcoming entry in the “Making Of Forza Motorsport 4” video documentary series that explores the history of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and how Turn 10 Studios captured and brought the track to life in “Forza Motorsport 4”.

Xbox LIVE demo lands 3rd October to get you ready for race day
For those who cannot wait to speed to victory, the Xbox LIVE demo for “Forza Motorsport 4” will be available to download from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace on 3rd October for Xbox LIVE Gold members and on 7th October for all other Xbox LIVE members. More information about the demo will be revealed soon.
Furthermore, fans are encouraged to pre-order “Forza Motorsport 4” before its UK launch on 14th October to ensure they can get their hands on the Limited Collector’s Edition and to receive the “Launch Bonus” car pack as supplies will be limited.

·         The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” car pack includes:
o   1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
o   2011 Koenigsegg Agera
o   1997 Lexus SC300
o   2011 RUF RGT-8
o   2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

- ENDS-

Forza Motorsport 4 is rated PEGI 3

For more information, please visit http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder.aspx

For additional game assets, please visit here (NOTE: please do not publish this link publicly).

UK EDITOR’S NOTE: Please only publish UK and PEGI related assets. 

derFeef

saladine1 said:
BADNED regarding the embargo...

So, even when the embargo is lifted, the journos will still not be allowed to tell all?
Huh, that is weird, what are they going to hold back until launch?

amar212 said:
I lost EVERYTHING regarding my Forza 3 game last night.

Same thing happened to me last month, only I just changed my gamertag. I read the forza forums that changing gamertags works fine and nothing happens. I guess I was one of the really unlucky ones because now, even though my save and data is still all there, it always loads up thinking I'm a new player. So fucking frustrating. Of course, I emailed turn 10 and got no reply. What a waste. Lost my perfect career with level 50. I feel ya.

DasRaven

30% off for season pass = Win. nice one T10.

Also, since I have the LCE pre-ordered, it looks like I'll have an extra American Muscle Car pack available day one for trades.

saladine1

Mascot said:
Stylish video, but it's not in my DNA to give two fucks about muscle cars.
C'mon, just give in to the awesomeness of big blocks, 8 cylinders, carburetors, torque and menacing, throaty sound bytes!

Xanadu

Banned
cars cars and more cars

just announce the damn track DLC, i usually never pay for DLC but if SPA is included then i'll make an exception

Top Bottom