• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

eso76

te81S.gif

shitty quality i know.

The_Monk

For me, it's so great to have the chance to drive a not-so-good car in first person view.

I really like how they give the same love for a Ferrari or for a VW Fox. To be honest, what I love the most is those hatchbacks. I love those, don't know why, sometimes I rather drive those instead of the big ones.

I can't wait to play this and I'm no pro either I just want to have some fun and some kind GAFfers for advice.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
pilonv1 said:
rage incoming

oh we knew lol.

1 It is based on the E3 2011 Forza 4 demo, which included a quick race option on the Bernese Alps track with the Kia cee'd, 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO.

2 The Marketplace demo also includes the new Rivals mode, Forza 4's answer to Need for Speed's Autolog.

Forza 4's Rivals mode allows players to go up against their friends, even when they're not online, and race them. You get bounty for winning - the more accomplished your opponent, the more bounty you receive.

3 "The Rivals mode, we've already found, is hugely addictive," Turn 10 boss Dan Greenawalt told Eurogamer. "Our hope [with the demo] is to give people something they can really dig their teeth into until the game comes out.

"Then of course, it's not like it's hundreds of cars and hundreds of tracks. It's limited content."

1. noooo

2. yesss

3. yesss

saladine1

People, whenever you find some info,pics,vids,,etc please post asap. I've got my cuppa and some biscuits ready to enjoy with the media..

Shaneus

What was with Dan mentioning "Hollywood" several times in the Eurogamer interview. Are they the name of a company T10 outsourced?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
LOL. Dan has gone insane. They did say it was the last day of the European press tour, though.
It's like packing up a moving van. When you unpack a van and you put it on your pavement and repack it, you get more space. Well also it's about knowing every nook and cranny of that van, so you're putting things in the glove box, and you're putting things where you were never supposed to store them. You've tricked it into doing more.

When you get new hardware, it's actually really hard to trick it because you need a couple of years to develop that. It's nice to have other developers like Epic, who are like, hey, we've found a spot, if you rip the door panel open you can shove some stuff underneath the window. The window doesn't work any more but that's OK, you've got more room in here.

Gynoug79

Shaneus said:
What was with Dan mentioning "Hollywood" several times in the Eurogamer interview. Are they the name of a company T10 outsourced?

Think they mentioned that earlier in reference to the IBL and the help they got from Hollywood animation (movie) studios...so not the name of a specific company i believe

The_Monk

So they said that they will add 10 cars each month as DLC but if you get the Season Pass you get all those monthly DLC, right?

So it's up to you if you get them one by one or get the Season Pass, the difference is that it's cheaper if you get the Season pass?

Sorry, I'm a little confused, but it's like I said, right?

adelante

Went out a short while for dinner and came back to be met with TONS more stuff?? Man...gonna take some time just sifting through all articles and videos, not that I'm complaining hehe

saladine1

Forza Motorsport 4 may seem like Forza 3 but slightly updated but you’d be totally wrong. The game’s visual upgrade is staggering, especially considering Forza 3 was a great looking game. New mini-games and a big deal which integrates Top Gear adds a lot variety and life to the game. Forza Motorsport 4 is looking like the best racing game available, and then some.

http://game-smack.net/?p=1897

Shaneus

Gynoug79 said:
Think they mentioned that earlier in reference to the IBL and the help they good from Hollywood animation (movie) studios...so not a specific company i believe
Ah okay, cheers. The way he was talking about it, "Hollywood" could've been replaced with "Pixar" or "ILM".

The_Monk said:
So they said that they will add 10 cars each month as DLC but if you get the Season Pass you get all those monthly DLC, right?

So it's up to you if you get them one by one or get the Season Pass, the difference is that it's cheaper if you get the Season pass?

I think you have the option to buy cars in packs, individually or buy the season pass and get a discount.

The_Monk said:

Pretty much yeah. Pay for them separately or pay for them in a bundle = cheaper.

I'll be going with the Season Pass myself, no reason not to at this point. Still holding out hope that the LE comes with the Season Pass but I know in my heart it's not true.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/360-classic-forza-motorsport/721352

That looks awesome.

The_Monk

brotkasten said:
I think you hate the option to buy cars in packs, individually or buy the season pass and get a discount.

No, no. I will get the Season Pack day 1, I just wanted to make sure, that it's the best option.

Thanks anyway. ;)

EDIT: And with the season pass the cars will be downloaded automatically as soon as they are available along the months?

Sorry for asking but I never got a season pass.

ShapeGSX said:

"The first channel is updated monthly," Greenwalt says. "There will be new things coming in there. We can set the race rules on the server, so challenges can be cockpit view only, or we could open it up. We can do whatever we want with it and we've got several different modes in there to play."

Being part of a Car Club in Forza Motosport 4 felt so much like my own personal Fast & Furious film,

Amazing. This car club thing will keep me coming back for a long time (as long as the club and my friends list keep playing of course) but that sounds awesome.

I had no idea they were introducing challenges to the mix each month.

Cptkrush said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "Behemoth"? Please tell me it's not the Nordschleife full circuit that was in 3, or any other racing game for that matter.

I think it's where both versions of the track are combined (Nordschlieffe and GP)

EDIT: One thing that is worrying me is that every mention of DLC is "10 car packs" or "cars" ... is there no mention of AV or Track DLC anywhere? Why hasn't any interviewer asked this yet? I'm assuming they've either dodged the question or were asked not to say anything? With the media embargo up I was hoping to hear a little more about DLC variety.

Seems with the AV engine only having 26 seems pretty low.

Top Bottom