• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Neki

Grecco said:
I think its teams. Top 8 was done earlier.

Anyways for people with Dormamu experience whats his best assist?

dark hole for lockdown. purification is okay for an OTG, but I don't think it's a very reliable one, unless you only need it to link into a hyper.

Grecco said:
I think its teams. Top 8 was done earlier.

Dark Hole by far, Purification is not that good of an OTG, and Liberation is unreliable for what should be obvious reasons.

Azure J

I am still laughing my fucking ass off at this Dante glitch. To think at one point the Zero Happy Meal glitch was big shit. Now we got a single character Smash Bros. Vortex that can be triggered off anything in the damn game. :lol

Anth0ny

AzureJericho said:
I am still laughing my fucking ass off at this Dante glitch. To think at one point the Zero Happy Meal glitch was big shit. Now we got a single character Smash Bros. Vortex that can be triggered off anything in the damn game. :lol

It should be legal until Ultimate comes out.

Just grind it out, Marvel players :lol

Azure J

Fucking dying watching this Catherine stream. There's a glitch in the game where whenever a character gets the red "speed up" power up (lovingly called X-Factor :lol) and stalls on the same panel a character is standing on, they are stuck in place and cannot do anything (can't run since the sped up opponent will just sit on them after catching them again, although they cn't do anything really once sat upon :lol). When the blocks fall from under them though, the character without the powerup falls first giving the round to the sped up character, even though in usual situations, both characters have to move to avoid falling off.

...the stream monsters and commentary have dubbed this "Double Quicksilver." :lol :lol :lol

Pretty much everyone uses Dark Hole.

Purification is terrible unless you desperately feel the need to cover the y-axis in front of your character...so, never really.

Liberation is too much work for what it gives you, and 0D0C is bad. It's only really useful in combo videos.

AzureJericho said:
Fucking dying watching this Catherine stream. There's a glitch in the game where whenever a character gets the red "speed up" power up (lovingly called X-Factor :lol) and stalls on the same panel a character is standing on, they are stuck in place and cannot do anything (can't run since the sped up opponent will just sit on them after catching them again, although they cn't do anything really once sat upon :lol). When the blocks fall from under them though, the character without the powerup falls first giving the round to the sped up character, even though in usual situations, both characters have to move to avoid falling off.

...the stream monsters and commentary have dubbed this "Double Quicksilver." :lol :lol :lol

oh lawd. link?

Tobe

VOcWXl.jpg

im addicted to the glitch, 100 hits and boom green screen. not even a frozen screen like last time.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
LOL Tobe1. I don't really play Dante, so I can't sustain the glitch for a lengthy period of time. It's crazy to look at on screen though.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
They should make a story mode just for Dante in this game. Then DMC fans won't have to play DmC. I think Dahbomb would like this.

:p
I would completely be OK with this. Change some of the stages to make them look more DMC-like, have bosses be some of the Marvel characters (Firebrand, Ghost Rider or Dormammu already look DMC enough). Hell I would play it on a 2D plane and just slowly acquire moves through the game's progression and stages (sort of like Viewtiful Joe with MVC3 mechanics).

Mahvel references everywhere... LOVE IT!

What is this Catherine game and why haven't I heard of it before?

to top it off you can devil trigger so the thc comes out, at the moment you turn into devil teleport, not even bff's will top that 50/50
That's not a 50/50. 50/50 implies you have a chance to block it. Even the life bars are fucking obscured when you turn on the glitch, there is no way if someone tries to do a mix up it can be reacted to. So it's more like 99/1 in that you WILL most likely get hit unless it's within that 1% chance that there is a screw up in the system and your mix up fails.

It would be completely bonkers if someone makes some invisible mix ups from this without sustaining the glitch too long (to by pass it's potential ban).

Also tier listing revised since October 23rd 2011:

SSS Tier (aka "Stylish Son of Sparda" tier or "BEYOND GODLIKE" tier)

Dante

Dante aka Son of Sparda aka Swiss Army Knife aka Devil Hunter supreme aka he only does everything.... another tier has been invented in his honor. Basically if you know how to use Quicksilver, you won the game as soon as you got 2 bars to activate the glitch. In fact, Dante is so good you basically won at the character select screen.

So powerful is this character that he breaks the game in half. If he can't win the match, he will freeze the game instead. And even if he doesn't want to break the game.... he is still an S tier character minimum.

Dante is the best character of all time in a fighting game. He has himself invented the unattainable "SSS" tier in memory of his style rankings in the games (the highest is SSS). He reaches that with style and then taunts the opponent while putting them in an inescapable infinite blockstring.

MUGEN AIN'T GOT SHIT ON DANTE!

SS Tier (aka "Broken" or "God" tier status)

Hypothetical Dark Phoenix character/Metaknight/ST Akuma

Hypothetical as in if Dark Phoenix was a character you could select on the roster and just start off with her (which would be broken and that's the point). There is no reason not to pick these characters, they are way ahead of the rest. But they aren't automatic wins like Dante is nor do they break the game completely (just break it in terms of balance).

S Tier (Near God tier aka Top tier)

Phoenix, Magneto, Wesker, Wolverine, Zero, C Viper, Amaterasu

Top tier of a game but still beatable. Have favorable match ups against others in the tier and better against anyone below them. However, no one in this tier compares to characters above them especially Dante.

Jintor

I started saying Magneto lines to my little brother and now I can't stop.

"SUCH A FEEBLE ATTEMPT" "MAGNETIC TEMPEST" "KNOW YOUR PLACE" "YOU. ARE. DEFEATED!" "DISRUPTOR!" "DISRUPTOR!" "DISRUPTOR!" "SUCH A FEEBLE ATTEMPT!" "KNOW YOUR PLACE" "YOU. ARE. DEFEATED!" "SUCH A FEEBLE ATTEMPT"

smurfx

get some go again
Jintor said:

"SUCH A FEEBLE ATTEMPT" "MAGNETIC TEMPEST" "KNOW YOUR PLACE" "YOU. ARE. DEFEATED!" "DISRUPTOR!" "DISRUPTOR!" "DISRUPTOR!" "SUCH A FEEBLE ATTEMPT!" "KNOW YOUR PLACE" "YOU. ARE. DEFEATED!" "SUCH A FEEBLE ATTEMPT"
i find myself saying "gravity squeeze!, you are defeated" in his voice once in a while.

Dahbomb

Yipes has channeled his anti-Phoenix hate extremely well. I remember at every tournament he was at commenting and he saw some anti-Phoenix technology (like the PRBalrog Jam Session cross up or the "Ryan Hunter" cross up) and stated "OH THAT SHIT IS STOLEN!!!" And he really did steal it and make it his own become a very dedicated Phoenix killer with Dante. Very nice to see.

Also add another one to the list of Dante's credential... Probably the best Phoenix killer in the game now.

Dahbomb said:
That's not a 50/50. 50/50 implies you have a chance to block it. Even the life bars are fucking obscured when you turn on the glitch, there is no way if someone tries to do a mix up it can be reacted to. So it's more like 99/1 in that you WILL most likely get hit unless it's within that 1% chance that there is a screw up in the system and your mix up fails.

It would be completely bonkers if someone makes some invisible mix ups from this without sustaining the glitch too long (to by pass it's potential ban).

Also tier listing revised since October 23rd 2011:

SSS Tier (aka "Stylish Son of Sparda" tier or "BEYOND GODLIKE" tier)

Dante

Dante aka Son of Sparda aka Swiss Army Knife aka Devil Hunter supreme aka he only does everything.... another tier has been invented in his honor. Basically if you know how to use Quicksilver, you won the game as soon as you got 2 bars to activate the glitch. In fact, Dante is so good you basically won at the character select screen.

So powerful is this character that he breaks the game in half. If he can't win the match, he will freeze the game instead. And even if he doesn't want to break the game.... he is still an S tier character minimum.

Dante is the best character of all time in a fighting game. He has himself invented the unattainable "SSS" tier in memory of his style rankings in the games (the highest is SSS). He reaches that with style and then taunts the opponent while putting them in an inescapable infinite blockstring.

MUGEN AIN'T GOT SHIT ON DANTE!
8HEV.gif

The ketchup bottle represents DMC characters and the man trying to get some ketchup is NeoG.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ Viscant having to change colors on his team because of the over abundance of "Black bad ass characters" on both teams.

USD

Jintor said:

Needs more "AWAY WITH YOU!"

Gegz

Banned
USD said:
Are you talking about when he does Shockwave? It's just "Magnetic... Shockwave!"
Oh, just Magnetic ? It's probably cause English is not my first language, but it really sounds like he says something else. Anyway, thanks USD !

Dahbomb

COMPLETE STATISTICAL BREAKDOWN OF CHARACTER USAGE IN THE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 TOURNAMENT SEASON

MAJOR TOURNAMENT TOP 8 WINNERS FOR MVC3

WINTER BRAWL

1. EG.Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne)
2. RyRy (Magneto, Dormammu/Haggar, Sentinel)
3. Josh Wong (Viewtiful Joe, Sentinel, Taskmaster)
4. DMG.PR Rog (Dante, Storm, Chun-Li)
5. EMP Remix (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. Mike Infinite (Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix)
7. Noel Brown (Dormammu, Sentinel, Doom)
7. ALZARATH (Wesker, Trish, Sentinel)

FINAL ROUND

1. Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
2. EG.Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Amaterasu, Tron Bonne)
3. Marn (Magneto, Zero, Sentinel)
4. DMG.PR Rog (Dante, Storm, Chun-Li)
5. EMP.Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
5. RyRy (Magneto, Dormammu, Sentinel)
7. Mike Infinite (Amaterasu, Zero, Tron)
7. TTC.Tokido (Wolverine, Akuma, Sentinel)

Power Up

1. fLoE (She-Hulk, Dante, Dormammu)
2. UVG|Noel Brown (Dormammu, Sentinel, Doom)
3. EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma)
4. DJ Ramsey (Sentinel, Taskmaster, Haggar)
5. DMG|PR Balrog (Amaterasu, Wolverine, Tron Bonne)
5. TS|NerdJosh (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron Bonne)
7. CCG|Detrimantix (She-Hulk, Magneto/Wolverine, Tron Bonne)
7. DerrickLegend (Trish, Morrigan, Phoenix)

UFGT7

1) EG Justin Wong (She Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
2) Rexzor (Magneto, Wesker, Sentinel)
3) Kerahime (Tron, Dante, Sentinel)
4) Frankie G (Magneto, Wesker, Sentinel)
5) fLoE (She Hulk, Dante, Dormammu)
5) TS NerdJosh (She Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron)
7) Omg iTz Andre (Magneto, Wesker, Amaterasu)
7) DMG PR Balrog (Wolverine, Amaterasu, Tron)

ECT3

1st – ChrisG (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2nd – Ryry (Magneto, Zero, Akuma)
3rd – Josh Wong (Dante, Magneto, Felicia)
4th – EMP SmoothViper (Magneto, Dormammu, Sentinel)
5th – MastaCJ (Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker)
5th – UVG Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
7th – EMP EvilRahsaan (Spider-Man, Sentinel, Phoenix)
7th – EMP Remix (Magneto, Wolverine, Sentinel)

CEO

1. TTC|Tokido (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
2. EG|Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
3. LB|NYChrisG (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
4. EMP|Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
5. EMP|Remix (Magneto, Wolverine, Sentinel)
5. EMP|Evil Rahsaan (Spider-Man, Sentinel, Phoenix)
7. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)
7. Ryan Hunter (Dante, Amaterasu, Dormammu)

Revelations

1. Viscant (Wesker, Iron Man, Phoenix)
2. Filipino Champ (Dormammu, Magneto, Phoenix)
3. Clakey D (Magneto, Wolverine, Tron)
4. Fanantiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
5. DiosX (Doctor Doom, Storm, Sentinel)
7. Killer Kai (Wesker, Zero, Taskmaster)
7. Richard Nguyen (Dante, Haggar, Phoenix)

NorCal Regionals 9

1. EG|Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
2. Minh (Taskmaster, Magneto, Wesker, Phoenix)
3. fLoE (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
4. X-Ray (Dante, Amaterasu, Magneto)
5. CCG|Detramantix (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
5. Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dormammu, Phoenix)
7. Wentinel (Dormammu, Tron, Sentinel)
7. MCZ|Daigo Umehara (Wolverine, Dante, Akuma)

Shadowloo Showdown

1. MCZ|Tokido (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
2. MCZ|Mago (Amaterasu, Magneto, Sentinel)
3. Tom (Wolverine, Sentinel, Phoenix)
4. Xian (Magneto, Wesker, Akuma)
5. ToXY (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
5. DTB|Max Carnage (She-Hulk, Magneto, Sentinel)
7. Laiger (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron)
7. Burnout (Amaterasu, Zero, Spencer)

EVO 2K11

Winner: Viscant (Wesker/Haggar/Phoenix)
2. PR Balrog (Wolverine/Dante/Tron/Amaterasu)
3. Justin Wong (She Hulk/Wolverine/Akuma/Storm/Wesker)
4. Combofiend (She Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer)
5. Noel Brown (Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma/Phoenix)
5. Filipino Champ (Magneto/Sentinel/Phoenix/Dormammu)
7. X-Ray (Dante/Amaterasu/Magneto)
7. Mine (Wesker/Taskmaster/Phoenix)

Summer Jam

1. LB|ChrisGNY (Amaterasu, Ryu, Wesker)
2. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
3. BT|IFC Yipes (Magneto, Dante, Akuma)
4. SmoothViper (Magneto, Sentinel, Phoenix)
5. RyRy (Zero, Magneto, Akuma)
5. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Magneto, Amaterasu)
7. RDK (Trish, Magneto, Wesker)
7. DRS|Masta CJ (Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker)

MAT VIII 2011

1- Akumamatata (Montreal) (She Hulk, Amaterasu, Phoenix)
2- EMP_Jago (USA) (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
3- Mr Trite (Toronto) (Taskmaster, Wolverine, Sentinel)
4- Nick Cam (Toronto) (Wesker, Akuma, Phoenix)
5- Quan “QuanDizzle” (Toronto) (Taskmaster, Magneto, Dormammu)
5- Smokey (Montreal) (Wolverine, Magneto, Akuma)
7- Familyman (Ottawa) (Hulk, Sentinel, Haggar)
7- WhiteR (Toronto) (Wesker, Taskmaster, Akuma)

Toronto 12

1 AG.MarlinPie – (C.Viper/Magneto/Amaterasu)
2 coL.CC.Combofiend – (She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer)
3 CCG.Detrimantix – (Wolverine/Sentinel/Phoenix)
4 A&C.RDK – (Trish/Magneto/Wesker)
5 Quandizzle – (Magneto/Dormammu/Taskmaster)
5 Mr. Trite – (She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Akuma)
7 [YRSF]Chaos2D – (Dante/Magneto/Akuma)
7 Smokey – (Wolverine/Magneto/Akuma)

Devastation

1. EG|Justin Wong (Storm, Wesker, Akuma)
2. cc.coL|Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
3. BA|Viscant (Wesker, Haggar, Phoenix)
4. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)
5. Fanatiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
5. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
7. FC|Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
7. Chrisis (C. Viper, Dante, Magneto/Haggar)

Seasons Beatings Velocity

1. Flocker (Zero, Tron, Phoenix)
2. BA|Viscant (Wesker, Tron, Haggar, Phoenix)
3. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)
4. cc.coL|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dormammu, Phoenix)
5. BT|IFC Yipes (Wesker, Dante, Akuma)
5. EG|Justin Wong (Storm, Wesker, Akuma)
7. FC|Twisted Jago (Wesker, Dante, Trish)
7. DJ Huoshen (Felicia, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster)

BREAKDOWN BY CHARACTERS

*Astrerisk indicates an EVO appearance in that position. EVO appearance outranks another tournament appearance if appearance number matches with another

Same number of appearance are ranked in reverse chronological order meaning a character that has won a more recent tournament is ranked higher up

TOTAL TOP 8 APPEARANCES

1) Magneto: 41*
2) Wesker: 35*
3) Sentinel: 34*
4) Wolverine: 31*
5) Akuma: 27*
6) Phoenix: 25*
7) Dante: 24*
8) She Hulk: 22*
9) Taskmaster: 19*
10) Tron: 18*
11) Amaterasu: 18*
12) Dormammu: 17*
13) Storm: 11*
14) Trish: 9
15) Haggar: 8*
16) Zero: 7
17) Spencer: 6
18) Dr Doom: 3
19) Ryu: 3
20) C Viper: 3
21) Felicia: 2
22) Spider Man: 2
22) Chun Li: 2
24) Super Skrull: 1
25) Iron Man: 1
26) Hulk: 1
27) Morrigan: 1
28) Viewtful Joe: 1

GRAND FINAL APPEARANCES

1) Wesker: 10*
2) She Hulk: 10
3) Phoenix: 9*
4) Amaterasu: 8*
5) Wolverine: 7*
6) Magneto: 7 (most 2nd place spots)
7) Akuma: 6
8) Tron: 5*
9) Sentinel: 5
10) Dormammu: 4
11) Dante: 3*
12) Haggar: 3*
13) Spencer: 3
14) Taskmaster: 3
15) Zero: 2
16) Ryu: 2
17) C Viper: 1
18) Iron Man: 1
19) Storm: 1
20) Trish: 1
21) Dr Doom: 1

TOURNAMENT WINNERS

1) Phoenix: 6*
2) She Hulk: 6
3) Wesker: 5*
4) Amaterasu: 5
5) Wolverine: 4
6) Akuma: 3
7) Sentinel: 2
8) Tron: 2
9) Ryu: 2
10) Haggar: 1*
11) Zero: 1
12) Storm: 1
13) C Viper: 1
14) Magneto: 1
15) Iron Man: 1
16) Dormammu: 1
17) Dante: 1
18) Spencer: 1
19) Taskmaster: 1

ANALYSIS OF STATISTICS

*MORE THAN HALF of the roster has a tournament win under their belt (exactly 19 in fact). However actual appearances even up to top 8 still doesn't cover the entire roster (shy of about 10 characters who never made it as far as top 8). These characters are: Hsien Ko, Arthur, Deadpool, Thor, MODOK, Shuma Gorath, Jill, Captain America, X-23, Chris.

*The Top 5 Most Used characters in the Top 8 make up over 50% of the characters used in all major tournaments of MVC3. The top 3 make up over 1/3rd (33%) of all characters used (Magneto, Sentinel, Wesker).

*Out of the Top 15 Most Used characters in Top 8... ALL of them have had an appearance at EVO TOP 8 except Trish. Trish in fact has not won a single major MVC3 tournament despite being considered a strong character in the game.

*Magneto is the most popular Top 8 character and has the MOST 2nd place spots at tournaments (as in most Runner Up spots). Magneto's conversion rate from tournament use to actual tournament win is actually pretty poor and so is Sentinel's (both characters have had over 30 apperances in top 8 but have 1 tournament win each). She Hulk has the best record out of the top 5 in terms of usage as over half of the top 8 She Hulk end up finishing at Runner Up or 1/3d of them go on to win the tournament.

*Phoenix and She Hulk have the most tournament wins under their belts. Phoenix edges out She Hulk as not only being more prominent in the more recent meta game but also has the EVO Championship under her belt effectively makes her the best result oriented character in the game.

*Wesker has an extremely solid performance throughout his tournament life and is featured at top 3 of all Top 8, most Grand Final appearances and 2nd highest Tournament wins. To top it off, Wesker has the EVO title as well.

*Sentinel is by far the most popular anchor character in the game at Top 8 (with 34 appearances most of them featuring him at the last slot or 2nd). Akuma overtakes Sentinel in win percentage as he has a better win conversion at anchor spot. Akuma has 3 tournament wins to Sentinel's 1.

*Haggar is less popular than Tron but has a better match efficacy including an EVO win over Tron.

*Amaterasu has better efficacy than Wolverine. Wolverine is by far more popular but Ammy has 1 more tournament win than Wolverine. Neither have won EVO. Amaterasu has better versatility in slot positions as Wolverine has been used mostly in first spot and sometimes in 2nd spot. Amaterasu has been used in all 3 slots almost with an equal spread.

*The weirdest fact that is deduced from these stats is that Iron Man who has been used only once in Top 8 has gone on to win that tournament making his efficacy from Top 8 to Tournament Win 100%!

*C. Viper was pretty much absent from the tournament scene before EVO but after EVO she got a win and a couple of appearances.

*Zero has a steady track record. While not being extremely popular he has a decent efficacy in tournaments and has the most recent tournament win under his belt.

*Tron's efficacy has been consistent all throughout her tournament life. She has the first and the last tournament win for MVC3 (Winter Brawl to Seasons Beating includin EVO showing).

*Out of the Lowest tier in MVC3, Chun Li has the best representation at 2 appearances as the anchor/assist character on a team. From the top tier, Zero, Dante and Viper have the worst showing with Dante leading the pack as despite being the most popular of the 3 (at a whopping 27 appearances at Top 8 including EVO) still has only 1 win under his belt like the other 2. The rest of the representation when looked at the stats as a whole (Top 8 + Grand finals + Winners) the results are generally consistent with tier rankings.

*Justin Wong and Viscant are the most consistent MVC3 players out there. They have placed top 5 or better in every tournament they have been in. Justin Wong has had more tournament apperances and hence more wins but Viscant has the EVO championship under his belt. The characters that these 2 players have used have been the most successful characters in MVC3's career (mostly because they were the ones who were winning with said characters).

Awesome breakdown, guy.

I'm always amazed at people's constant pity for Sentinel. It may not be the most versatile character in the game, but it gets the job done and I see it EVERYWHERE. I'm also surprised that Combofiend isn't one of the most consistent players along with JWong and Viscant. Dude was constantly up there in all the tournaments he went to if I remember correctly. I'm assuming that he must be in the top five easily though.
Grecco said:
Way to burst his bubble lol.

Grecco

SolarPowered said:
I'm also surprised that Combofiend isn't one of the most consistent players along with JWong and Viscant. Dude was constantly up there in all the tournaments he went to if I remember correctly. I'm assuming that he must be in the top five easily though.

Way to burst his bubble lol.

Combofiend wasnt flying to every major till his sponsorship with CC, which i guess hurts him somewhat.

Dahbomb

Stats updated with SummerJam. Wesker, Ammy, Magneto, Viper, Akuma and Ryu stats got buffed. The rest mostly the same although I adjusted everything but the rankings were slightly changed around.

I checked Combofiend's record and in a couple tournaments he went he didn't place top 8 (Revelations and Seasons Beating). He has placed in numerous ones he has been in but in terms of consistency ChrisG beats him out. ChrisG didn't place top 8 at EVO and Seasons Beating but he has more tournaments won than Combofiend.

Magneto is by a considerable margin an extremely used character in high level MVC3 play but has very low tournament winning ratio (as bad as Sentinel's). Ryu has more tournament wins than some of the S tiers in MVC3 lulz (better than Viper, Zero, Dante and Magneto).

I'm always amazed at people's constant pity for Sentinel. It may not be the most versatile character in the game, but it gets the job done and I see it EVERYWHERE.
Sentinel has seen the most decline in use over the course of MVC3 (should've added this in the breakdown). In the last 5 tournaments, there were only 4 Sentinels in top 8 and the very last one had 0 Sentinels in top 8. Sentinel also got pretty much destroyed at EVO. Out of the 30+ appearances of Sentinel around 80% are concentrated towards the earlier tournaments when he had the full health and people didn't have advance tech yet. Nowadays you see more Storm, Doom and Trish than Sentinel.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Those are some weird stats.
What's weird about them? I think every stat can be explained quite well or argued for by judging trends and player picks.

It is a fact that if certain players didn't pick what they picked (Viscant = Iron Man, ChrisG = Ryu, MarlinPie = Viper, Combofiend = Spencer) then those characters wouldn't even have charted because outside them it is rare to see these characters place when used by other players.

Bizazedo

It just means the game hasn't been out long enough for the tiers / tournament usage to "settle".

That's probably a different subject, though, albeit a fun one.

Like, why isn't Zero used more, etc.

Although we're going to have an avalanche of Zero in Ultimate, sadly..going to make me look like a bandwagon jumper.

Dahbomb said:
What's weird about them? I think every stat can be explained quite well or argued for by judging trends and player picks.

It is a fact that if certain players didn't pick what they picked (Viscant = Iron Man, ChrisG = Ryu, MarlinPie = Viper, Combofiend = Spencer) then those characters wouldn't even have charted because outside them it is rare to see these characters place when used by other players.
I mean it's weird that you have them since they don't seem that useful.

Mumei

Dahbomb said:
LMAO @ Viscant having to change colors on his team because of the over abundance of "Black bad ass characters" on both teams.

... Am I (Or was I) missing a stream? Or is this a reference to something that occurred some time ago?

Bizazedo said:
It just means the game hasn't been out long enough for the tiers / tournament usage to "settle".
Most people felt this was true and I'd say that most people still believe that. The game would've been almost completely figured out by next EVO though.
God's Beard said:
I mean it's weird that you have them since they don't seem that useful.
I'd say that most of the material in every MvC3 thread(60k+ posts between all of them) is pretty useless.

This info has more value than most of the stuff I post at least...
Dahbomb said:
Sentinel has seen the most decline in use over the course of MVC3 (should've added this in the breakdown). In the last 5 tournaments, there were only 4 Sentinels in top 8 and the very last one had 0 Sentinels in top 8. Sentinel also got pretty much destroyed at EVO. Out of the 30+ appearances of Sentinel around 80% are concentrated towards the earlier tournaments when he had the full health and people didn't have advance tech yet. Nowadays you see more Storm, Doom and Trish than Sentinel.
I don't mind that as much. At least Sent has gotten some time to shine. I can't wait to see how your data will pan out for UMvC3 come next year.

thanks for the breakdown in stats, dahbomb.

Dahbomb said:
*The weirdest fact that is deduced from these stats is that Iron Man who has been used only once in Top 8 has gone on to win that tournament making his efficacy from Top 8 to Tournament Win 100%!

i don't think thats wierd at all; he got carried by a wesker/phoenix team. doesn't make him a good character. infact iirc, viscant himself one time said that he wasn't a good character.

Top Bottom