• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down for Maintenance

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
baekshi said:
i cant deactivate from qriocity .. :\

wtf sony?
It's under Account, not Devices.

20111118-18r9356k2pn7tq6mt1u5egh36h.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
kassatsu said:
You sure it works like that and not, the 2 that sign in first after the wipe don't get everything?

The new terms of service will allow users to play PlayStation content on up to 2 activated systems. For example, PS3 games will be available on up to 2 activated PS3 systems; PSP games will be available on up to 2 activated PSP systems. Once the Vita releases, it will also adhere to the same restrictions.

The revised policy will not affect game purchases made before November 18th.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70...imited-to-two-devices-beginning-november-18th

All I want to know is it Individually Wipe of PS3 activations, or the Whole Shebang?

Edit: LOL Kass answered right above me

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We’d like to inform you of some upcoming changes to the usage policies for PlayStation Network game content. As of November 18, 2011, the number of devices that can be activated on one PlayStation Network account for game content purchased from the PlayStation Store will be updated as follows:

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.

Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18. The PSP rights include PSP-1000/2000/3000 series as well as the PSPgo system.

PlayStation Network users are able to change the activation setting through each device, and Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide a new PlayStation Network account management website where users will be able to deactivate particular devices attached to their PlayStation Network account via their PC.

Goes by purchased by the date, not by activations (concerning 5/2 rule)

iNvid02

Wario64 said:
The instant his PS3 goes online, the owner/activation gets wiped and the game won't run. He'd need to activate the PS3 again

i thought so, im just gonna leave it like it is.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
kassatsu said:
Yes and when you wipe all, oops new rules enjoy 2 activations.

Only for games purchased after Nov 18th. Either way, you're gonna have to abide by the 2 activations rule.

iNvidious01 said:
i thought so, im just gonna leave it like it is.

Nuke your account when you really need it, there's really no point doing it now unless you're playing gamesharing shenanigans and own 5 PS3s in your home....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So if I wipe all of my activations, I'll be able to re-activate my PS3 right away? I have a ton of content so that shit freaks me out. I need to do it, though, I'm at 4 systems since I foolishly gameshared with a some people a few years back. Asked the bitches nicely to deactivate, but of course they wouldn't.

GraveRobberX

I wonder how PSN+ titles take effect?

From June 2010-Nov 2011 5 activs, now 2, I'm guessing

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Snuggler said:
So if I wipe all of my activations, I'll be able to re-activate my PS3 right away? I have a ton of content so that shit freaks me out. I need to do it, though, I'm at 4 systems since I foolishly gameshared with a some people a few years back. Asked the bitches nicely to deactivate, but of course they wouldn't.

You should be able to since you start from scratch. Do it now and make them cry.

GraveRobberX said:
I wonder how PSN+ titles take effect?

From June 2010-Nov 2011 5 activs, now 2, I'm guessing

You mean the free PS+ stuff? Wouldn't matter since it was only free during the period it was free, you won't be able to redownload that stuff anyway. Stuff purchased on discount from PS+? Those would still be under the 5 activation rule since they're purchases.

Killthee said:
Do the music/video activations also get wiped if you wipe the Game activations or do you have to do those manually on the activated systems?
Might have to call for video deactivation. You're only allowed 1 Video activation.
On a side note. Deactivation works just as planned. Back to One activation again.

GraveRobberX

Yo Wario I got BTTF the Blu-Ray Platinum trophy included, for $3.60, due to back-ordered

/smug

GraveRobberX

Wario64 said:
You mean the free PS+ stuff? Wouldn't matter since it was only free during the period it was free, you won't be able to redownload that stuff anyway. Stuff purchased on discount from PS+? Those would still be under the 5 activation rule since they're purchases.

Umm... in my DL list I have all the games, dlcs, avatars, etc. in there

I mean my PSN+ sub is from June 2010-April 2013 lol

graywolf323

so any purchases I make today will have 2 activations? I knew I should have purchased some stuff on Wednesday but I forgot the store would be down all day Thursday >_<

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Zombie James said:
Ok, kind of confused about this. Apparently I have five activations, so do I have to deactivate since it's above two?

No... you don't have to do anything.

GraveRobberX

Wario64 said:
$3.60? How? lol

Wanna sell it to me?

n564l.jpg

Sorry it was $3.70

So the real $64,000 question + gonna take a bullet for this lol

If they clean wipe, can they activate 5 PS3's again?, if this is some grandfathered bullshit, then there is glitch in the matrix

That means only 2 PS3 accounts active and any PS3 that are running content before 11/18 will run, but first to play/activate game on those PS3's get the allocated activations

btw

You are about to deactivate all devices on your account for game media.

This action can be performed only once every 6 months.
To play games that were previously downloaded, you will need to activate a device from the [Account Management] menu on the device.

Are you sure you want to continue?

I just cleared everything and Activated ONE PS3.

Zombie James said:
By the way, it seems like you can deactivate systems individually:
Under the Devices tab.
Yep. It's been there for ages. You gotta call in. It's all or nothing with the way Sony set it up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GraveRobberX said:
If they clean wipe, can they activate 5 PS3's again?, if this is some grandfathered bullshit, then there is glitch in the matrix

You need to relogin to the account to reactivate the PS3s. So unless you never changed your PW, nope they can't.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
You need to relogin to the account to reactivate the PS3s. So unless you never changed your PW, nope they can't.

Impossible. Unless he gameshared after the PSN outage.

GraveRobberX

Wario64 said:

Only way to deactivate is you do full wipe of activations, all PSP's/PS3's regardless

My scenario

Once I have done the full wipe, can I activate again my 3 PS3's (5 being max just like the good old days) again and let them run content before November 18th, and then use 2 of those "5" PS3's to run content on my PS3 for shit after the 18th

Before I get the 3 PS3's and youtube video from someone, bro has fatty 60GB, 2 slim, 1 is for 3D gaming, 1 basic gaming, fucking bitch to convert signals

graywolf323

Hunter-Zero said:
Jesus Christ finally, go away lost activations

yep, I can finally get rid of the one dead activation that was my original PS3 that got stolen

I had three activated PS3s on my account and honestly have no idea what the second one was (maybe my sister's? but I remember deactivating it...)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GraveRobberX said:
Only way to deactivate is you do full wipe of activations, all PSP's/PS3's regardless

My scenario

Once I have done the full wipe, can I activate again my 3 PS3's (5 being max just like the good old days) again and let them run content before November 18th, and then use 2 of those "5" PS3's to run content on my PS3 for shit after the 18th

Before I get the 3 PS3's and youtube video from someone, bro has fatty 60GB, 2 slim, 1 is for 3D gaming, 1 basic gaming, fucking bitch to convert signals

I think that's how it works. First 2 PS3s to activate a game purchased after the 18th will be your 2 slots.

Now that I think about it, this sounds like a huge clusterfuck but I guess this is what you get for circumventing their system

*insert Jack Tretton quote

GraveRobberX

So next round of deactivation's for some of you is in May 2012

Sony: "All According to Keikaku"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kyoufu said:
Just to get this right: I'm allowed 2 PS3, 2 PSP and 2 Vita activations right?

No. For game content purchased after the 18th, you can 2 PS3s and a combination of 2 PSPs and Vitas

2 PSPs
1 PSP 1 Vita
2 Vitas

That's it

(right?)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wario64 said:
No. For game content purchased after the 18th, you can 2 PS3s and a combination of 2 PSPs and Vitas

2 PSPs
1 PSP 1 Vita
2 Vitas

That's it

(right?)
Yeah Vita/PSP share the 2 "Portable" slots.

BiR65.jpg

Kyoufu

Wario64 said:

2 PSPs
1 PSP 1 Vita
2 Vitas

That's it

(right?)

Oh, thanks. That's fine with me considering I don't have a working PSP any longer.

Top Bottom