• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Speech

Was a very entertaining race. Gutted that I span out on the last corner. Twice.
But at least I was able to manage my fuel ;p (Although I did run out just before the finish line.)

No idea if my connection will cope any better than FV's. But will be happy to give it a try and see how it goes.

Manik

Second! Even though half of the field disconnected. :(

Also f0rk, ruined my first corner. T-boned him while he spun.

You think that's bad, I ended up with a penalty on the first corner of the first lap for passing the two of you when you span. Illegal overtake apparently. Stupid thing.

Race was good fun though, but a big shame about all the disconnects :(

9 Laps!? Wow my primes were struggling after that many laps. I managed about 6 on my options from quali.

I was purposely putting the power down later etc. I think it helps.

Might've been my setup, too.

Either way I'm shit with dead tyres and I seem to be better at prolonging their life without losing too much time, so I'm happy.

My highlights

Very fun race, despite me doing shit.
Loading it up now!

Edit: Lots of close calls!

We definitely swapped roles this race. I was out in front and had very few moments, it was just about doing quali laps and keeping consistent. That video is usually the type of race I had in our last league. It's not too bad my FRAPS didn't want to record because your vid is infinitely more exciting.

Mad_Ban

Do harder springs increase tyre wear? If so, I guess I know why my tyres get fucked so fast :p

In the race my options were going off by lap 2 and were out of grip by 5.

Kyaw

Do harder springs increase tyre wear? If so, I guess I know why my tyres get fucked so fast :p

In the race my options were going off by lap 2 and were out of grip by 5.

What spring values were you using? I had mine around 6 and i was losing grip by about lap 7-8. (Something like ~80% options from quali)

Mad_Ban

race-1---australiajfcp8.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

qualifying-results6x7ja.png

race-resultsdn746.png

current-driver-standi3l70a.png

current-constructorsp7lx.png

No interviews etc this week because it was a bit of a shambles.

I'll set up a way of polling for tracks tonight and we can vote on them to determine the next track.

Thanks to Kyaw for the tables

Mad_Ban

Awesome work FV and Kyaw! :)

I'll probably be playing tonight so I can figure out a setting that doesn't kill my tyres so quickly.

I'm going to PM out a poll now for you all to vote on.

Please pick FOUR of the tracks you'd most like. Also, Monaco isn't on the list because we're definitely doing it, so if that was one of your choices don't fret!

Voting ends on Wednesday.

Please don't vote multiple times in it!

I think I've got everyone, but if you haven't had one feel free to shout at me. It's very early so I might've missed one!

Orgun

I'm going to PM out a poll now for you all to vote on.

Please pick FOUR of the tracks you'd most like. Also, Monaco isn't on the list because we're definitely doing it, so if that was one of your choices don't fret!

Voting ends on Wednesday.

Please don't vote multiple times in it!

I think I've got everyone, but if you haven't had one feel free to shout at me. It's very early so I might've missed one!

Cool voted for my four choices

Spa
Suzuka
Brazil
Budapest

Shaneus

Spa
Suzuka
Canada
Monza
Webber

In fact, I'm disappointed that fifth option wasn't an option, given the guy who created the poll.

Shaneus asked me about the schedule in PM so I'll respond here for everyone to see.

Since we started late and Christmas is around the corner I think we should have one more race this weekend and then break for Xmas. I'm sure everyone will be too busy before/after Christmas and around New Year to bother.

So it would look like this

Dec 10th: Race 2
Christmas/New Year break
Jan 7th: Race 3
Jan 14th: Race 4
Jan 21st: Race 5
Jan 28th: Race 6

I think that will ensure that we get as many people as possible. It's a shame we couldn't start in Oct like planned, but oh well. A 3 week break will fly by over Xmas.

6 races is enough for this league, I think. If we've kept the numbers up and people want to continue, we could do another mini league. We'll see how it goes!

Sorry! I knew I would have missed someone!

I'll PM ya when I get back from uni :)

It's all good, I guess that's what I get for being inactive :/

Fun racing with you guys by the way, even if I got disconnected! Looking forward to the next race, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the 10th. What time are we planning on starting this time?

Yeah Canada is current winner, so let's say it's that.

It looks like almost everyone has voted, but I'll leave it til tomorrow to make it official. Canada is definitely this weekend though!

Shaneus

Well, I'm unsure but hoping that I'll be able to make it this weekend, especially considering I'm pretty much upgrading my PC just for this game. i5-2500K, 8gb RAM, top-shit Asrock mobo and my 5850s. God damn this had better make a difference.

Yeah, it sucks, but he has a valid reason (not just being a pussy, surprisingly!)

I'm up for some Canada practice tonight if you folks are.

Spa
Suzuka
Monza

Those are the other winners from the poll. Not a bad choice boys!

That means:

Dec 10th: Canada
Christmas/New Year break
Jan 7th: Spa
Jan 14th: Monaco
Jan 21st: Suzuka
Jan 28th: Monza

Not a bad season! Hopefully with a new host this race will go better than the last, too.

Orgun

Yeah, it sucks, but he has a valid reason (not just being a pussy, surprisingly!)

I'm up for some Canada practice tonight if you folks are.

Spa
Suzuka
Monza

Those are the other winners from the poll. Not a bad choice boys!

That means:

Dec 10th: Canada
Christmas/New Year break
Jan 7th: Spa
Jan 14th: Monaco
Jan 21st: Suzuka
Jan 28th: Monza

Not a bad season! Hopefully with a new host this race will go better than the last, too.

Fair enough. I'll be about this evening but i've also agreed to play some more BF3 with a friend too.

Speech has a connection 10x better than mine, so him, haha.

I really hope it's my connection but since I host a lot of our random races which have full lobbies I'm not sure. I hope it's not the game just deciding to be shit and we never know how reliable a race will be :(

Thanks guys, I have a feeling this will be a good season considering my Kobayashi/drifting-skills.

That's just awesome, you mind if i posted that on our Facebook/Twitter pages for F1? :)

Not at all sir, go ahead. :)

If this was PGR you'd be racking up the Kudos points!

Totally, but instead of Kudos points I got an achievement that suggested I should play Dirt 3 instead :/ :)

(I'm not gonna lie, I already had the achievement but this would be the perfect moment for it to show up)

Top Bottom