• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT| Rubio Early Favorite for Racist of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Someone dig up the posts from 2010 summer league - I was all on this shit.

But Pringles will kill him.

charsace

Lost in the Lin run is the great defense of Chandler and Effries during the streak. They owned the paint against the Lakers tonight.

I don't want Lin and actually, I'm happy for the kid's success.

Lakers didn't lose tonight because of Lin.

Lakers lost because they have stints where they literally have 1-3 possible scorers on the court so teams are learning they just need to double off the other 2-3.

MWP
Fisher
Murphy
Kapono

They are all dependable to contribute 0 to the offense.

Every shot they take is basically a TO.

Exactly!

Knicks won because of Lin (he doesn't have a career night, they lose), but the lakers lost because of their scrubs.

As great as Lin was, Knicks barely scored 90 points. Lakers lost it on offense. Again.

Are the Nets really going to want to try to build around an aging Gasol with a huge contract?

I don't fucking know. I'm just saying he's the only PG left worth trading for that is even potentially available.

Lakers would be dumb to give Drew a max contract. He's not the guy to carry the mantle after Kobe and they would be paying him like he is.

Name me who they could get instead.

NomarTyme

Lakers would be dumb to give Drew a max contract. He's not the guy to carry the mantle after Kobe and they would be paying him like he is.
Yes it will be dumb if they give Bynum Max contract, but there is no guarantee we gonna get the blake show!
Lost in the Lin run is the great defense of Chandler and Effries during the streak. They owned the paint against the Lakers tonight.

That Novak guy been doing pretty good.

linsivvi

I don't want Lin and actually, I'm happy for the kid's success.

Lakers didn't lose tonight because of Lin.

Lakers lost because they have stints where they literally have 1-3 possible scorers on the court so teams are learning they just need to double off the other 2-3.

MWP
Fisher
Murphy
Kapono

They are all dependable to contribute 0 to the offense.

Every shot they take is basically a TO.

Well I agree. The entire Knicks roster other than Lin and Chandler are hot garbage, just like anyone but the big 3 on the Lakers are crap, yet still the game was winnable had the team played a little smarter and with better rotation.

Piecake

The more I see of the Thunder, the less I am impressed with them. Their big guys are just bad and they are incredibly dependent on penetration and geting to the line since they get nothing in the post

Onemic

Dude, he is a legitimate starting PG in today's NBA. Forget the stats, just watch him play. I knew he was legit after the Nets game and scooped him up in GAF fantasy lol

He will have an easier time when Melo and Amare come back too..

nope

snack

lfP8Z.jpg

Depends who will be a free agent in 2 years when Kobe and Pau expire, but if they can't turn Pau and/or Bynum into another young star like Dwight, this is the path i'd take. Clear cap space.

I don't know of any players actually available in 2 years that are better than Bynum, though.

After next season, Bynum will be the #1 UFA (discounting players who definitely aren't leaving or will extend before).

And good bigs are very rare in this league right now. Look what Chandler did to the Knicks defense.

C'mon Ryu. Too much salt there.

Snack img

Funny thing is Harris is the only one who can't do it.

charsace

The more I see of the Thunder, the less I am impressed with them. Their big guys are just bad and they are incredibly dependent on penetration and geting to the line since they get nothing in the post

The Thunder have the refs, Durant, refs and defense. They never look impressive to me, even when they are blowing out a team.

snack

Lin will be an "early Bird" free agent this summer, which means he has restricted free agent status (assuming the Knicks extend him a qualifying offer, which they should). As an Early Bird RFA, Lin is limited to offers up to the mid-level extension, which the Knicks can go over the cap to match.

Swag.

Jeff-DSA

They called over the baseline on the inbound pass. Give me a break. That happens like 20 times a game and it always goes uncalled.

If he takes a 1 year deal he'll have full bird rights the following season, which would allow the team to go give him a potential max deal.

If he signs a longer deal, the most a team can offer is an MLE level deal, which the Knicks can easily match.

So it seems like Lin can take a 1 year gamble for more money. Or a longer term deal for security. Either way it looks like the Knicks will be keeping him.

yeah right. he's not risking taking lesser money next year on some off chance he has loyalty to the knicks.
he'll take the max contract from another team next year.

oh well.

Can't believe I'm saying this cuz I absolutely loathe how he plays, but the Lakers could desperately use JR Smith.

I think I'm going to throw up, now.

DominoKid

somebody opened a window on that shot.

Can't believe I'm saying this cuz I absolutely loathe how he plays, but the Lakers could desperately use JR Smith.

I think I'm going to throw up, now.

do it now! kobe can train him in some psychopathic obi-wan manner and make him the chosen one.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dude, he is a legitimate starting PG in today's NBA. Forget the stats, just watch him play. I knew he was legit after the Nets game and scooped him up in GAF fantasy lol

He will have an easier time when Melo and Amare come back too..

Im not saying hes not! Im a fan.

Just saying, the whole NY wont be able to keep him thing is silly.

Lakers will need to tank hard in 2013 to replace Kobe with Shabazz Muhammad.

Ideal 2014 Lakers season: A hobbled Kobe passes Jeffrey in points scored, gets the Kareem retirement tour treatment. Team wins 20 games and gets a top 5 draft pick. Kobe and Pau's contract expire. Lakers sign Kevin Love and Brandon Jennings.

edit: Actually LeBron has an early termination option the same year Kobe's contract ends. Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom