• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT| Rubio Early Favorite for Racist of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

I think the scariest thing is that I desperately want an average 2/3, but I don't trust them to make any kind of move. This is the same guy that dealt Gomes and the #15 pick for Martell Webster.

Why are you making it out like you liked gomes? you clowned on gomes mercilessly. I've seen you say this a few times in the last month. This is the same gomes that plays for the clippers? that looks like the only thing keeping him in the NBA and not being sent to the NBADL is the clippers complete lack of depth?

Duki

Banned
lebron is blatantly the mvp again

dude is like an automatic 30 points and a near triple double every game

considering how shitty a lot of this season has been so far, watching him has been like the one constantly enjoyable thing

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hmm, didn't follow his career in Europe that closely so thanks.

Yeah the years with Rudy were good, top 5 ish team that won the Cup once (not the league, never that), when Rudy left they were a shitty team, then of course in Barca they won all de time.

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who was vocal in his opposition to the proposed trade that would have sent Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, still doesn't think the NBA-owned New Orleans Hornets ended up with a decent deal.

The right deal, in Cuban's opinion, would have been none at all, even if that meant losing Paul for nothing at the end of the season.

"You're better off just taking the cap room, or whatever," Cuban said.

Paul ended up being traded to the Los Angeles Clippers, who visited the Mavericks at the American Airlines Center on Monday night.

"I don't think it was about the Lakers, per se," Cuban said before the game. "I think it was just the way they did the deal, which was ridiculous. I don't think it was about which team. I think it was the fact that, even with the Clippers, we just went through this whole (collective bargaining agreement) and said the incumbent team still has the advantage and then the team the league owns (wimps) out. And look how it's worked out for them.

"Bad management gets you bad results."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...ks-mark-cuban-rips-nba-trading-chris-paul-all

Omzz

Yep, he's still out with the injured calf. I'm expecting that the Knicks will destroy Raptors tonight.

Hell everyone gets inflated stats when Raptors come up on the schedule

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Why are you making it out like you liked gomes? you clowned on gomes mercilessly. I've seen you say this a few times in the last month. This is the same gomes that plays for the clippers? that looks like the only thing keeping him in the NBA and not being sent to the NBADL is the clippers complete lack of depth?

Because looking back, his almost average play is something the Wolves could really use right now. If he was producing at those 09 levels, he'd be the best wing on this team.

And it's important to reiterate what a bad deal the Webster trade was.

giri

Because looking back, his almost average play is something the Wolves could really use right now. If he was producing at those 09 levels, he'd be the best wing on this team.

I'm not convinced that Martell is a bum. The few times i've seen him play guy has looked like a legit 3. The bad management part of the trade was waiving the medical. That was stupid.

But at the time, no one cared about gomes being shipped out. It was about giving up a #15.

And i'm not sure gomes WOULD be the best win on that team.

If you're hoping for that Webster I'm sure he'll be back in a little while. He's still getting back into the flow of things with his conditioning.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
YES! Booked to do the NBA ALL STAR GAME!!

FUCK! I have to stay in Chicago and do an Oscars Party.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
oh man what a terrible life i feel so bad for you fuck man jesus could it get any worse

I was going to see if Orlando GAF wanted to come down and hang.

Oscars party is going to be really nice though.

Is there an Orlando Gaf?

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

Branduil

he flopped when the dog ran up to him and hurt his knee, he's now suing samurai's do for it's kennel.

Speaking of CP3:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/chris-paul-big-plays-and-flailing-dirk-n.html

Finishing with 16 points on 5-of-10 shooting, the veteran guard was hounded most of the night by Mavericks small forward Shawn Marion, who is seven inches taller and 53 pounds heavier. But Paul didn't credit Marion for doing anything special. Instead, he pointed to only playing 32 minutes, about four less than his average.

The four-time All-Star played only six minutes in the first quarter and didn't score until there was 6:44 remaining in the first half.

"I didn't even notice a difference," Paul said of Marion's defense. "I knew that he was on me but it wasn't nothing I haven't seen before."

According to Paul, Marion has guarded him in the past when the 33-year-old forward was playing in Phoenix.

Even if Paul didn't recognize anything outstanding from Marion, who finished with two steals, 16 points and three assists, Mavericks team owner Mark Cuban did, tweeting after the game: "Great job @matrix31 guarding CP3 and 2 other positions all night. #AllNBADEFENSE"

Slumped in his locker room chair, Paul wasn't in the mood to hand out much praise for his opponent. When it came to talking about Dirk Nowitzki's team-high 22 points, Paul said the 7-foot German was "flailing and all that different type of stuff."

However, he quickly added that Nowitzki is a "great" free throw shooter and that when it was time to make big plays, the Mavericks made them.

"So the credit goes to them," he added.

The last time Paul had five turnovers was his final game with the New Orleans Hornets , a series-ending loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the playoffs last April.

Chris Paul accusing someone of flopping, LOL.

CP3Flop.gif

really excited about this knicks game tonight.

i havent watched basketball since the mid-late nineties but this past week has been pretty crazy. now im just spending hours everyday watching youtube clips, reading articles, lurking this thread all day, etc. yeah, i know, one of those guys (sorry) but its an exciting time for new york sports. first the superbowl win, then jeremy lin right after it.

i dont know how this works, but how much do you guys think his brothers death will affect stoudemires game? has there been similar incidents where a player returns to play after a tragedy?

also, while im hopeful the knicks will win tonight, im kinda nervous as well. who knows, raptors may pull something outta their ass. they almost beat the lakers too. trying not to stay cocky i guess

DJ_Tet

Banned
Chris Paul accusing others of dirty plays? Julius Hodge has to laugh at that one.

And I have to laugh at the freaking Hornets only being 1.5 games ahead of the Bobcats despite a pt differential of -5.8.

What a joke. I'm going to be beyond pissed if the Hornets get the #1 pick and the Bobcats get #4.

I'm going to literally kill David Stern if that happens. That's a promise.

Duki

Banned

i havent watched basketball since the mid-late nineties but this past week has been pretty crazy. now im just spending hours everyday watching youtube clips, reading articles, etc. yeah, i know, one of those guys (sorry) but its an exciting time for new york sports. first the superbowl win, then jeremy lin right after it.

i dont know how this works, but how much do you guys think his brothers death will affect stoudemires game? has there been similar incidents where a player returns to play after a tragedy?

also, while im hopeful the knicks will win tonight, im kinda nervous as well. who knows, raptors may pull something outta their ass. they almost beat the lakers too. trying not to stay cocky i guess

ayo knicks fans dont couch their shit round here no mo son, none of this pussy tryin not to be cocky shit you hear

syphon filter leading the charge, you gotta man up and have a spine and make bold ass predictions

jeremy lin gonna have 20 points 20 assists

amare gonna stomp on these craptors with a favre's dad kind of game, have like 50 points

the number one tennis player in the world novak gonna make like 15 threes

fuck the rest of the league we run shit now

beastin

and if we lose then lol fuck all yall giants won the superbowl new york yankees 28 world championships im countin this years suck it haters

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Chris Paul accusing others of dirty plays? Julius Hodge has to laugh at that one.

And I have to laugh at the freaking Hornets only being 1.5 games ahead of the Bobcats despite a pt differential of -5.8.

What a joke. I'm going to be beyond pissed if the Hornets get the #1 pick and the Bobcats get #4.

You have my sword.

Alrix

i havent watched basketball since the mid-late nineties but this past week has been pretty crazy. now im just spending hours everyday watching youtube clips, reading articles, lurking this thread all day, etc. yeah, i know, one of those guys (sorry) but its an exciting time for new york sports. first the superbowl win, then jeremy lin right after it.

Tough call on STAT. His mind may not be on the game. At the same time, when he's on the court maybe that's when he can actually stop thinking about his brother.

Don't forget the Raptors handed us one of those embarrassing losses early in the season, although I like to think after the past week we aren't the same underachieving team we were before.

Nori Chan

please do it please do it

DJ_Tet

Banned
I will. If the Hornets end up with a better record than the Bobcats and somehow draft higher than them, that will be the last dirty deal that Stern sinks his grubby paws into.

edit: I love how he thinks everyone believes that Donaghy was an isolated incident. Fucking ostrich, that guy, head in the sand.

I'm not doing it anymore. If the Hornets get Anthony Davis while the Bobcats are fielding an NBDL team it will be the end of Stern.

Amare probably won't even play, I hear they're trying to free up more minutes for Lin. In fact I think he may be playing PG and PF simultaneously for them tonight, should be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom