View Single Post
arne
(02-21-2012, 04:06 AM)

Originally Posted by bigtroyjon

Question was asking him if we would see games from Sony's top studios like MM, SSM, Gorilla. Geoff asked"Are we going to see any of those guys playing with Vita? Or even Naughty Dog"

Answer"Yeah absolutely, you'll see a number of games coming from all of our studios."

I hadn't seen (nor have I yet) the original interview. that seems like a particularly long leap to have Guy say that you'll see first party SCE studios develop or provide content for Vita - and then go that Naughty Dog is confirmed as a Vita developer. It seems a bit unscrupulous on eurogamer's part to make that inference *specifically* from Guy's answers if Guy didn't call out a particular studio.

Guy's answer is correct - Eurogamer's interpretation is not.

Guy knows what's up - he's been great at SCEA since he started.

Originally Posted by AniHawk

arne didn't say that the vita was beneath them, just that the system didn't play to their strengths.

Actually I didn't say that either. I hate to sound like a treading the line spin-meister here, but I've said that traditionally consoles have played to our strengths - and desires to push the utmost limit of resources and memory our tech and engine. That can change with the right handheld, as why I said I won't ever say "never" but we hadn't encountered that yet - that's why Jak TLF wasn't an internal project for us.

Of course, I should have expected the GAF hyperbole to go from there - but we've never made a handheld game, so us saying we're not working on anything at the moment shouldn't be some earth shattering surprise.
Last edited by arne; 02-21-2012 at 04:13 AM.