• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS) <-- OH MY GOD

duckroll said:
Yes that's the Xbox360 Call of Duty 2 being reviewed, definitely not the PS2 one.

Having said that..... Ichigo you DICK look what you did to my thread. T_T
Sorrry for both ^^u

Anyway, how can I redeem myself....uhmm...FF3 vs TOT vs DQM!! Fight! ><

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Sorrry for both ^^u

Anyway, how can I redeem myself....uhmm...FF3 vs TOT vs DQM!! Fight! ><

Haha I think at this point point it's pretty much FF3 vs TOT vs Zelda vs FFCC vs Mario 3v3 vs DQM! The recent developments in 3D DS games are INSANE! :lol

That looks amazing. Once again I'm BLOWN AWAY by Square Enix's DS engine. Truly amazing. If only western developers could take a few hints.

Cel shading looks amazing on the DS. Zelda PH, DQ, TOT, Tony Hawk...wow. Some developers need to catch on.

This game is guarenteed to do very well, which will please SE no doubt. Awesome indeed.

Matix

So is it safe to expect this to be released in 07 (no earlier than Q4 06), probably around the same time as Crystal Chronicles (damn thats a hot combo).

Matix said:
So is it safe to expect this to be released in 07 (no earlier than Q4 06), probably around the same time as Crystal Chronicles (damn thats a hot combo).

It's currently due for release in 2006. It could slip though...

lyre

7Th said:
By that logic... Why not PSP? Even more animations with widescreen graphics!

Kidding.

Get your PSP out of our DS circle jerk!! >:p

And DQ3 GBC can already be played on the GBA (with teh GBA compatible features!!!) so the remake should be on DS. (and going by that logic, DQ1/2 are also in the same situation so that should be on DS as well :p )

wow, square-enix must have found the DS' holy grail, I wonder if nomura is planning any games on the ds after crisis core is completed

HomShaBom

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
wow, square-enix must have found the DS' holy grail, I wonder if nomura is planning any games on the ds after crisis core is completed

Ya seriously...SE must keep their programmers in dungeons until they produce great engines.

Matlock

Banned
dear rest of industry:

play square-enix's 3d games on the ds
learn their graphical styles
apply that awesomeness to your own games

love,

the world

Jiggy

Okay, I take back my complaint about it being in probably-bad 3D, because it's not, but add in a complaint about one of the dumbest-looking main characters ever.

Chris Michael said:
Does anyone else find it sad that SE is putting WAY more effort graphically into this than Nintendo's own PKMN D&P?
No. Because if the SNES/Genesis generation as compared to the N64/PS1 generation is decent precedent, it's that DQM's graphics will one day look really, really bad while Pokemon D/P's graphics will always be fine.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Holy @$^%!#$^ !!

Damn that made my day, THANK YOU SE!!!

I'm so excited I can't come up with a good post to support the thread. Kudos ducky!

arab

OH LAWD.

Square needs to remake Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger using this style and all sins will be forgiven.

Even blackface Tom Sawyer RPG.

ethelred

The Eatable Arab said:
OH LAWD.

Square needs to remake Seiken Densetsu 3 and Chrono Trigger using this style and all sins will be forgiven.

Even blackface Tom Sawyer RPG.

Agh, I hate how everyone just remakes of random games. :|

Original games, please, Square Enix. Don't fall into the GBA trap and start treating handhelds like a ghetto again.

Randam_Hajile said:
Damn, that looks SO good! I'm hyped. DS is looking to be a great place for RPGs.

You're not kidding. The DS keeps getting better and better for any fan of RPGs.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
Don't forget Archaic Sealed Heat!

I sure haven't!

Like I said, RPGs on the DS just keep getting better and better. The lineup is simply amazing. I can't wait to see what next year brings (especially from Square Enix).

BrandNew said:
That's the thing, everybody did. :lol

C'mon, more news for that game PLEASE.

It hasn't been forgotten. Way back at the November (I think) WiFi conference in 2005, Sakaguchi said he was looking at the end of 2006 for a release of the game... and sure enough, Nintendo's financial report from last week showed it for release (published by Nintendo) for that timeframe.

So it's coming. :)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
It's (once again) official. DS is currently THE BEST system on the market. It floors me every time that DS has almost surpassed GBA as the best handheld system of all time, and yet when it was announced most said it would spell the end for Nintendo. :lol

gorgeous screens.

Those screens are incredible. Never would of expected this when I clicked on this thread. Can't wait for my Lite on Sunday.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I said Wow! That's on the DS?

Is this really by TOSE this time? Wow, it just goes to show how Yuji Horii can make any developer shine.

75170_1149668736774.jpg

CamHostage

Gaijin To Ronin said:
That is a DS?....

Level 5 maybe? The quality of the scan is not good (but thank you very much Duckroll ;) ) but I have the feeling that is the most advanced graphical engine I have seen for the system.

Oh, come the **** on! Every time a game looks good on the DS, people flip out like it's a shock to the system. The thing has already proven capable of rendering games about as good as or better than N64 titles, we're just too used to settling for shit to not take this for granted yet. Mario Kart? THAW? Metroid Prime Hunters? VJ Scratch? And yet, every time a game is unveiled that doesn't look like a hi-res GBA title, people lose their shit.

Khalid-S

ok i'll try again :)

Khalid-S said:
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker

75170_1149668736774.jpg

+

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

ffcc010xo.jpg
ffcc031zf.jpg

+

Final Fantasy III

ss03.jpg