• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Tyeforce

Anyone who registers the game on Club Nintendo should totally say something about the lack of availability of the AR Cards in their survey. Maybe Nintendo will decide to sell them at retail down the road if there's enough interest.

kSt

That banned site had disappointed me. I really shouldn`t complain as long as I get my copy on the release day. But I wanted to get it earlier.
And no pre-order bonus for the UK whatsoever, right?

Cbajd5

Apparently my copy has shipped (At 9:55:31 AM EDT). That's what Amazon says anyways, but the tracking number isn't valid other than through Amazon somehow.

Never happened to me before, so I'm mentioning it. Hopefully I'll get my AR cards from Club Nintendo today or tomorrow...

Now to play the waiting game. (AKA Angry Birds Space)

https://twitter.com/#!/Sora_Sakurai/status/182768783423840258
zPvx8.jpg

Sakurai tweeted this. I guess he has 9 3DS systems with 9 copies of KIU.

If the cards did something more than just unlock the idol and give a small amount of hearts (100 is nothing), I'd be more jazzed about them. I wish they unlocked a random weapon/item too.

ryushe

The music from what I've heard in my small amount playtime so far is absolutely fantastic. Up there with Galaxy 1 & 2 as far as Nintendo soundtracks go.
Whoa dere! That's a damn strong statement friend. Don't get me more excited than I already am!

That banned site had disappointed me. I really shouldn`t complain as long as I get my copy on the release day. But I wanted to get it earlier.
And no pre-order bonus for the UK whatsoever, right?

When did you order? I ordered yesterday and it came today.

After getting my ass whopped like crazy, I am starting to take the lead in FFA! Games Online is BEAST. It's all about playing smart... Loving that Mega Laser Sniping action when two or three people are killing each other... Getting those Pick up kills XD

Made a video for some AR battles... Link isn't Live yet but its here http://youtu.be/uion93GQd7Y

Also I thought this was funny
7006443895_4c3cee84fa.jpg

6860327258_7b56fa6213.jpg

7006403957_e1da9354c0.jpg

Also here is my Cards!
6860294086_5e8100d129_c.jpg

FLAguy954

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Dat Fourth Wall

Dammit, why must I have prior engagements on Friday?! I'll have to pick up the game tomorrow evening but imma be putting time in this baby all weekend! Hype.

JordanKZ

Quick impression after 2 chapters:
- Story, writing and voice acting are actually pretty damn hilarious. A couple of times I've actually laughed out loud.
- The game is a real looker. Nice colourful backdrops, very high detail (whilst not high polycount) models. But the game is non-stop 60fps(?) in 3D.
- The music is fantastic, really fantastic.
- Multiplayer seems pretty lag free, but the games over in a couple of minutes. Great for loot mind.
- WTF @ the stand though. You left hand fingers will hurt pressing into the plastic, why the hell wasn't there a gap or something for your fingers?

Anteo

Thinking about picking this up, but am left handed - Circle Pad Pro works with it? So controls just like a twin-stick shooter?

No, it makes the right Pad to move pit and you can use your left hadn to use the stylus.
There is no dual analog suport in this game.

Randdalf

I just ordered like 8 packs of cards from Club Nintendo even though I haven't decided whether to buy the game yet. Nothing else to spend my stars on.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I have absolutely no doubt Kid Icarus will perform extremely well - not at MK and Mario Land levels - but above everything else on the platform. It's one of these rare games that makes you love Nintendo, and it can attract gamers outside Nintendo core base.

And of course kids will love it. The difficulty setting is pure genius, challenge is perfectly suited to everyone.

Is kid icarus inspired by saint seiya ? i know that the names and universe are really all greek myth,but the first game was released in 1986,the same year that saint seiya aired from the first time in japan and pit kind looks like seiya(look and personality).

Top Bottom