• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

c9eaa60bdd5df46bb864a9e111705f19389ae779.jpg
I'd rock that. Except the boots

Gazzawa

What was the dealio with matchmaking last night? Took an age to find a game. And it looks like I'll have to get the maps today or tomorrow because I am subjecting everyone to forgeworld variants and it is haemoraging fun.

What was the dealio with matchmaking last night? Took an age to find a game. And it looks like I'll have to get the maps today or tomorrow because I am subjecting everyone to forgeworld variants and it is haemoraging fun.

Or you could not come on halo at all, and subject no one to anything. :p

Gazzawa

I'm kind of thinking we might just get a ViDoc then a magazine reveal. I think Nirolak might be on the money with Crysis 3, he usually is correct 90% of the time.

Crysis sounds like a safe bet. I mean Crysis 2 online is already dead. Needs the sequel treatment.

I'm kind of thinking we might just get a ViDoc then a magazine reveal. I think Nirolak might be on the money with Crysis 3, he usually is correct 90% of the time.

I'd rather have a ViDoc than a magazine reveal, I don't to wait till someone scan the pages, looking at crappy taken photos is not that funny too.

ViDoc all the way.

Edit: The space police helmet from the new Total Recall movie totally looks like the Pilot helmet from Reach.

I remember reading somewhere (or hearing Frankie say) that the story for the next three games has been mapped out (or planned out). I hope it isn't mapped out in one way. This is a videogame, and thus there are factors outside that of the universe that will affect the ability of the story to be told. You need to account for, and anticipate, as many outside factors as possible, and have plans to adjust the story to fit the needs of the situation. Something may go wrong during the development of Halo 5 and a level will have to be cut, making a key part of the story for the game unable to be realized.

I don't know anything about videogame development, but better safe than sorry. It worked for B5.

- HaloGAF Gamertags list finally updated, I was out of town this weekend and just got back.

- Leaving for PAX early on Thursday... so pumped. Any HaloGaffers attending should make sure this list is updated: http://HaloGAF.com/PAX

I'll keep it updated, but right now it looks like we're going to try and meet for dinner on Friday at around 6:30, before the Halo community leader panel.

- I haven't played any Reach since bungie.net pulled the plug. If I never play Reach again I can just pretend it's still working! :D

- HaloGAF Gamertags list finally updated, I was out of town this weekend and just got back.

- Leaving for PAX early on Thursday... so pumped. Any HaloGaffers attending should make sure this list is updated: http://HaloGAF.com/PAX

I'll keep it updated, but right now it looks like we're going to try and meet for dinner on Friday at around 6:30, before the Halo community leader panel.

- I haven't played any Reach since bungie.net pulled the plug. If I never play Reach again I can just pretend it's still working! :D
I'm going to send rukizzel, Grim1 and Das Kalk a e-mail about the meet up on Friday.

Fuchsdh

I remember reading somewhere (or hearing Frankie say) that the story for the next three games has been mapped out (or planned out). I hope it isn't mapped out in one way. This is a videogame, and thus there are factors outside that of the universe that will affect the ability of the story to be told. You need to account for, and anticipate, as many outside factors as possible, and have plans to adjust the story to fit the needs of the situation. Something may go wrong during the development of Halo 5 and a level will have to be cut, making a key part of the story for the game unable to be realized.

I don't know anything about videogame development, but better safe than sorry. It worked for B5.

I'm hoping it's mapped out a little better than Bungie's ideas for the trilogy, but kept loose like you say. Massive crushing disappointment happens to AAA studios all the time, and despite its pedigree 343i is just starting out.

They might find that they could do a better story thread later on than what they've got planned out, and I'd rather they have the ability to change rather than stay committed to something that seemed like a good idea at the time.

So....with Bungie.net no longer updating Reach stats, where can I find a list of daily/weekly challenges? Cause I can't find it on the Waypoint site

I'm sure if Frankie hasn't shot down the HALO 4 being the cover for GameInformer, it has to be it. Usually he would have crushed our dreams by now.

So....with Bungie.net no longer updating Reach stats, where can I find a list of daily/weekly challenges? Cause I can't find it on the Waypoint site
Like anything else on Waypoint, it's unfriendly as hell to find.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/haloreach/Challenges

edit: beaten by an older man.

Covenant-cide
Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Triple Thrill
Earn any 3 Sprees in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Nature vs. Nurture

Kill 15 Moa in Winter Contingency on Normal or harder.

Be Vigilant
Score 60,000 points in any Campaign mission without dying.

Fuchsdh

Cheer up guys, we have good reason to suspect that in the summer come the feature rollout there will be another Waypoint redesign that will hopefully be moderately to significantly better, at least in terms of usability.

Look at it this way; better the current iteration than that all-Silverlight monstrosity we had to deal with for a few months after the first(?) redesign.

TheOddOne

I'm sure if Frankie hasn't shot down the HALO 4 being the cover for GameInformer, it has to be it. Usually he would have crushed our dreams by now.
Uhm, Frankie not saying anything doesn't mean anything. We went trough this cycle with the VGA's, nothing good came out of that.

Top Bottom