• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

daedalius

Lol, sorry to burst your mystery bubble but he has brown hair in Halo: CE. (In the book Halo: The Flood)

lol

Really?

Mystery bubble?

/smh

I don't really care how he has been described in the past as looking, or how he looks now, because it is unimportant; I was merely making the point that he likely looks like a bald space marine underneath his helmet.

Personally, I would prefer his face not to be revealed.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What time do the playlists usually get updated? I wanna play MLG v7 after I hit the tennis courts.

I love this gif:

ibvVqnm9Vjz3Vt.gif

So pretty :O

DAT BURST FIRE

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm hearing 1:30pm est.

Awesome. This has reinvigorated my MLG playing passion. I've been just getting my shit pushed in in StarCraft for the past few days. Ugh, I need to get better at that game. I lost like all 5 of my ladder matches yesterday.

edit: Totally unrelated but have you guys heard this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE

25th Anny Zelda Music - Gerudo Valley.

So good.

789shadow

Banned
I'm sorry, why is the other team allowed to stay in my base waiting for the flag to respawn in CTF? That shit should explode like a bomb or something.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No, I'm down a person and they have both snipers in the base.

Jesus christ, are you new to CTF in general? It's a perfectly valid strat to hold the enemy base to keep the flag running back to cap. It's your job to keep them from having complete map control.

If you're losing because you're down a man, that's not the enemy team's fault, and it's not a game design issue, it's a team issue.

789shadow

Banned
Jesus christ, are you new to CTF in general? It's a perfectly valid strat to hold the enemy base to keep the flag running back to cap. It's your job to keep them from having complete map control.

If you're losing because you're down a man, that's not the enemy team's fault, and it's not a game design issue, it's a team issue.

How is it the team's issue? I'm sure being outnumbered makes no difference.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
How is it the team's issue? I'm sure being outnumbered makes no difference.

Really?

Someone on your team quit right? It's a team issue.

I would say quitters and being down a man (often) in Halo is definitely a game design issue.

Eh, not if it's intended to play that way. It's a player issue at that point.

I've said before and I'll say again that I believe social should have drop in/drop out, but if he's playing MLG or some such thing, well it wouldn't matter since that's basically more team oriented/ranked.

I wouldn't expect DI/DO in that.

FyreWulff

Chaining grabs is part of CTF, especially since it gets helped by the latency of Live and won't 'aggro' the other team's players onto you (for the average player) since if you pick it up right after it returns, they won't get the announcer telling them that it's been picked up. But it also lets you grab the flag while it's defenders are across the map, having just failed to stop the previous flag.

When the other team is set up for chain caps, don't go after the ones in your base. Go for their flag and grab it, so you make them pull off your base to come get their flag.

Then again, you're playing MLG (and alone), which has maps with pretty meh spawns intentionally set up to be campable. I'd play Team Objective instead.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's a game issue because that happens about 85% of the time in MLG.

No, it's a player issue. And drop in/drop out wouldn't immediately/always fix the problem anyhow (people not joining, people quitting out when joining in progress, etc.).

Protip, if someone quits and you're getting steamrolled quit.

Bonus points for knowing not to go into MLG alone.

Top Bottom