• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Recarpo

I'll be on for some Halo 3.

Also for those that like competitive Halo, this weekend is Europe "MLG event" aka EGL in Blackpool,UK. One of the games they are featuring is Halo Reach (MLG settings). Str8 Rippin is flying over to compete in it also. Here's a link to the stream and here's a trailer for it.

Thanks for the link, I'll try to catch some of it.

On another note, do you, or anybody else for that matter, know if there's a way to watch some of the older MLG events on the mlg site? I was looking around the site and it doesn't seem like they have anything before last year around. Although I did find a page that had charlotte 07, but all the links didn't work.

TheOddOne

Stay tuned...
And it keeps getting better and better :p

Easter eggs confirmed in Halo4!
tumblr_lk2hu1yOvc1qcfgllo1_400.gif

senador

Banned
Speaking of Arena... Despite some shitty maps, its my favorite playlist right now. I wish it had more population because its the most competitive, balanced play I've had in Reach yet.

you never know ;).

They just announced it yesterday. They aren't overnight it to us. ;)

CyReN

Cover art reveals/leaks:
Halo 2 - August 2004 (?)
Halo 3 - June 8th, 2007
Halo ODST - Jan 26th 2009
Halo Reach - February 12, 2010

:D

Neither do I. All Halo games have had at least pretty good boxart, and that was the worst of 'em. My favorite is ODST's I think.

Personally I like Halo 2 the best. I remember when it came out, I was like 13, and I had no money at the time to actually buy it. Staring at the boxart in the Gamestop ad seemed so awesome at the time lol.

Shamelessly stolen from the HBO front page, but this is goddamn AMAZING.

Hah, thats awesome.. Actually a scene closer to that would have been better for the GI cover IMO. Speaking of which, I guess people will not end up getting it today..damn. Well, I suppose there is a slim chance, but that would be really early. Maybe tomorrow.

Also, how soon will the online coverage of Halo 4 start on GIs site?

Arnie

Didn't they mention that the issue won't be hitting subscribers until the 10th? I'm not sure what people seem to think should've leaked.

I hope GI start updating their online hub with content though, although I doubt that'll happen until the issue is at least in people's hands.

CyReN

How do these magazines things work, we can comment and post about the info inside just no scans?

Didn't they mention that the issue won't be hitting subscribers until the 10th? I'm not sure what people seem to think should've leaked.

I hope GI start updating their online hub with content though, although I doubt that'll happen until the issue is at least in people's hands.

Think people are going off past leaks thats why.

I think Ellis said yesterday that the mag would hit the subscribers in the couple days, possibly today.

As for the GI hub on their site, if I remember anything about the Reach GI cover, it's that the site had virtually no information. Anything good was from the mag.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I think Ellis said yesterday that the mag would hit the subscribers in the couple days, possibly today.

To clarify, I was saying going by past timing and comments from the GI gents that's generally the expected cadence. Holiday's, postal timing, etc. could all contribute to changes so, as always, YMMV.

I think that is when the digital subs hit, so we are guaranteed them by then.. But I swear usually info leaks out by now.. ah well, they may have revealed the cover a bit earlier than normal.

But yeah, I hope the online hub gives something soon, even if it is small to tide us over.

Halo 4 has been suprisingly leak proof so far.

Yup, and that makes me both happy and sad, haha.

Arnie

I see guys, cheers. That AC3 news sounds like the most optimistic indicator of seeing something in the next few hours, although I'd suggest that's pretty unlikely. Do people get post on Saturdays in the US? We do here in the UK, but only because we serve the Queen and she sends it out through the Royal Mail.

To clarify, I was saying going by past timing and comments from the GI gents that's generally the expected cadence. Holiday's, postal timing, etc. could all contribute to changes so, as always, YMMV.

If the death and resurrection of a fictional character called Jesus delays my learning of a fictional character called John then I'll be even more anti-religion than usual. grrr

I see guys, cheers. That AC3 news sounds like the most optimistic indicator of seeing something in the next few hours, although I'd suggest that's pretty unlikely. Do people get post on Saturdays in the US? We do here in the UK, but only because we serve the Queen and she sends it out through the Royal Mail.

Yes

No, that's what I meant. A post like this:

"I can't find the scans, could someone PM the link to me?" will get you banned. And has many, many times in the past for posters.

Oh I see, in case something leaks I'll make sure to pm everybody so that NO matter what happens they DON'T share the links with me. NEVER.

CyReN

They kinda have already, I went out shopping this morning to Krogers and checked out the magazine section in case for some reason it was out there already and there was only 1, yes 1 gaming magazine. I remember when I was younger spending time there reading covers and looking through at least 5 of them while my parents shopped. Still got a year left on my OXM though, not bad for $5.

Internet killed the magazine star.

Edit:
Also I think Over meant it by waiting to get info, instead of having it now like most pieces of video games news.

Top Bottom