• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Please a big segment of Omlet talking about his entire experience of seeing Halo 4 at the Spring Showcase.

(don't tell me if this or other stuff is in the plans, keep topics a surprise)

It was a cloudy Wednesday afternoon in San Francisco
Devo's hair is brushing her left because of the wind
She gets pressed up against the wall
"Don't make a girl a promise"...

StAY TUNED.

I should be on the podcast. I'll talk for nineteen hours about how Skyrim is awesome and Mass Effect 3's ending sucks and at the end realize I don't play Halo anymore. I can also bitch about anything Halo 4-related, if need be.

I should not be on the podcast.

Your
moms
a foreign host!

Has Reach got laggier recently? Do servers deteriorate or am I just crazy? I have had a ton of laggy games on Reach in the last 3-6 months, which goes against the silky smooth connection the game had early last year. Could be problems on my end, but other games seem fine.

Yeah, I've been having a lot of lag lately too. Weird.

feel

559937259.jpg
They seem to love it.

Homeboyd

I'm happy to do podcasting sometime if there's a slot and people can stand me.
Right before you go on, I would like to take a few seconds to remind you Firefight has been cut and it's been confirmed (pretty much everywhere aka Kotaku) that Spartan Ops will be nothing close to a replacement.

So, you know.. let me know if they book you.

GhaleonEB

Right before you go on, I would like to take a few seconds to remind you Firefight has been cut and it's been confirmed (pretty much everywhere aka Kotaku) that Spartan Ops will be nothing close to a replacement.

So, you know.. let me know if they book you.

Spartan Ops sounds like a natural evolution of the concept, a more mission-focused co-op mode. I saw that everyone thought I'd be on suicide watch, but I'm actually quite excited about it. :lol

Your
moms
a foreign host!

Has Reach got laggier recently? Do servers deteriorate or am I just crazy? I have had a ton of laggy games on Reach in the last 3-6 months, which goes against the silky smooth connection the game had early last year. Could be problems on my end, but other games seem fine.

It's a Host-Client infrastructure, so the servers don't deteriorate lol.

Nothing wrong with that.

- ncsuDuncan, Bungie Defense Force Defense Force

- Steelyuhas, Defense Force against Bungie Defense Force Defense Force

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is there anything I can do to become a better sniper. I've been playing Halo online since Halo 2, and I have put thousands of hours into it...yet no matter how much I practice, I still suck at sniping. Is there any hope for me? Are there any kind of training exercises I can try? Or am I just destined to be a poor sniper forever?

Maybe lower your sensitivity? Try always going for the sniper rifle in matchmaking. If you feel like playing Campaign, play Nightfall (I think that's the one where you start with the sniper).

Something I'll do sometimes, if your target's moving left/right instead of right at you, walk in the direction they are if you have the room. let auto aim do the work for you, and boom. Headshot.

Also, don't feel bad about going for the double body shot. Or let randoms weaken someone, then get the killing body shot. Who cares, it's randoms lol.

In mid to close range combat, do what I call the "quickdraw". If someone pops up on radar, stop and let them come to you. Scope in, let them walk in, and go for the quick body shot. Finish off with your secondary.

Arnie

Nice little story from Josh, I imagine that was a pretty frightening moment just a day into a new, daunting job. But seriously, why the hell did they show that entire intro? It wasn't even relevant to the story.

After the content rush a few days ago I feel a little malnourished at the moment; then I think back to those months where we had literally nothing, and we were left guessing when the first grain of info would materialise.

Wasn't there a Halogaf montage due over a year ago? I remember submitting some sweet blains but I think the user who opted to cut the thing together either got banned or went AWOL. Now I don't even play Reach anymore for obvious reasons.

what's going on with the HaloGAF montage? I'm expecting more overkills than Snipedown: The Movie.

Still editing. It's going to be a while.

I have a big Excel spreadshit of clip descriptions and authors. I'm capturing clips, putting together a rough timeline in Vegas, deciding if I want to go back and capture a different angle, etc.

Soon.™ When it's done.™ I can't share any more at the present time, but stay tuned.™

Homeboyd

Spartan Ops sounds like a natural evolution of the concept, a more mission-focused co-op mode. I saw that everyone thought I'd be on suicide watch, but I'm actually quite excited about it. :lol
I'm just joshin man!

Get it? Joshin? Like Josh Holmes? Because of the video.. you know.. that daedalius posted. From Game Informer... that wasn't really very good. Because it didn't really have anything to do with Halo 4... and they played that long intro that everyone is talking about... yeah.. I didn't think it was good either. But you know.. they've got a month to fill so.. some days are going to be better than others. Why are you complaining? Seriously, I mean.. they dont HAVE to give you info, do they? Be more appreciative.

Damn.

Assholes.

CyReN

h0i1d.png

Have a name yet?
Want a different color?
Change text/font? Please post suggestion if you have them.
If you guys don't like it I'll scrap it and try something new.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well let's take a vote then to get this over with...

1. Breaking the Ceiling
2. The Halo Honor Podcast
3. Dongcast

Those seem to be the 3 most popular.

I vote for 1. It has a nice ring to it

Homeboyd

Well let's take a vote then to get this over with...

1. Breaking the Ceiling
2. The Halo Honor Podcast
3. Dongcast

Those seem to be the 3 most popular.

I vote for 1. It has a nice ring to it
You just want dat internet fame.

But I second. Second the first, that is.

what's going on with the HaloGAF montage? I'm expecting more overkills than Snipedown: The Movie.

Within the coming weeks and months.™

Trademark is the property 343 Industries. Please use responsibly.

I'm only a lowly Junior Member, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I am completely ignorant.
But I vote Breaking the Ceiling!

Arnie

I'm with 3. Breaking the Ceiling is one of those things that was initially funny but it's over usage has killed it. Similar to OONSK. And not just that, but it doesn't even make sense because you clearly are capable of getting an overkill.

If it is 3 though that kind of prohibits a lot of HaloGAF from contributing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dongcast. I think we could probably come up with a better name, though.

Top Bottom