• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I asked her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it happened. But she said "no, I have a boyfriend". And it was over; right there and then. But the problem? I can't seem to figure her intentions out. Me and my friends have been regulars at this sports bar for about 5 years +++ and counting. So we know pretty much everyone there that comes and goes.

So we go back there AFTER me asking her out and she was our waitress (it has been twice) and it was not awkward or anything. We just kept on talking, casually and whatnot. As if the whole me asking her out thing didn't happen. Guess we both brushed it off quickly and just moved on. But seriously, there was no awkwardness coming from me or her.

So here's the question, she talks to me a lot, flirts, asks questions, blushes, touches here and there and all these happen after I already asked her out but she said "no.." so what is she trying to prove? Does she just want to be my friend? If so, I'm cool with that but how do I go about doing that? Lmao.

Now, is it wrong if I just invited her to one of my parties in the future if I had one? Just a friendly invite. Nothing more. As it stands, me and my friends think she doesn't have a boyfriend (she was just lying). It's an assumption, not a fact just from the way she acts around us.

Lots of people are going to be posting that you are friendzoned. Also, if she's a waitress she probably does what she does with you with a lot of other people. Some girls are like that with a lot of people.

Wallach

She works there. She has to talk to you. Don't read into it.

Yep. Not only that, but if it is anything more than this, then it's even worse. You don't need to waste time with a woman that would start things off lying to manipulate you in some fashion, right? Forget about it.

saunderez

So here's the question, she talks to me a lot, flirts, asks questions, blushes, touches here and there and all these happen after I already asked her out but she said "no.." so what is she trying to prove? Does she just want to be my friend? If so, I'm cool with that but how do I go about doing that? Lmao.
Sounds like she's just working for extra tips to me. I thought it was an unwritten rule that waitresses and bar staff are nice to you because it's proven to get them better tips.

filler

Banned
It's not a big deal to her, because female servers get asked out a lot. She flirts and all that because it gets her better tips.

Jacobi

Banned
Maybe you asked her alien clone or twin sister out? What if the place she works in only exists in your fantasies...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
She's a waitress; now that she knows you like her, she's expecting a big/easy tip.
Sorry man, that's how it is with them food joints.

Find a chick at a café, library that doesn't work there.

I was thinking this. But I know the difference between a waitress simply talking to you to be nice so she can get good tips. I know it is their job, but this one just goes beyond than just simply talking. She comes and talk to us out of her own time when she is done her shift, after work. This is the part that gets, not like we call for her to come chill with us fater work etc...

But you know.... That's why I made this thread. Lol.

Resilient

Really? Really? She's the waitress???

Really?

She was being nice and flirting to get that $$$ from you and you couldn't tell that?

Really?

Really?

Jackpot

Banned
Most of the flirting is imagined on your part and means nothing to her. She is absolutely not interested in you and is not playing some sort of "game". Sorry. :(

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I was thinking this. But I know the difference between a waitress simply talking to you to be nice so she can get good tips. I know it is their job, but this one just goes beyond than just simply talking. She comes and talk to us out of her own time when she is done her shift, after work. This is the part that gets, not like we call for her to come chill with us fater work etc...

Maybe she likes someone in your group? Maybe she wants a big tip out of all yous?

SMT

I had this same problem at Hooters. Women... *sigh

You're the guy who was observing a girl in your apartment complex, how did that go? Courage much.

Wallach

You're regulars, and it is in fact possible for a woman to want to talk to people.

Sorry man, there is no way this plays out like you wish it to. There's no way "sorry I have a boyfriend" is ever a positive response in any possible fashion. In every single scenario where it wouldn't be the honest truth, it means she is a liar and told you that to fuck with your head. There's nothing good to follow, mate. Them's the breaks.

She's a waitress; now that she knows you like her, she's expecting a big/easy tip.

I think that's it right there. Talk about taking advantage of the situation. I'm a generally very generous tipper as it is. And the fact that I'm a regular there as well.

But here's the thing, as I explained; she goes out of her way to do things for us when she serves us. And she DEFINITELY DOESN'T do the SAME to her other clients / customers that she serves.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Do you guys talk to her? Some people just want to be friends. Just because a girl is nice to you does not mean she wants to sleep with you. Damn,

Are you actually Butters Stotch?

hBVi2.jpg

Jackpot

Banned
But here's the thing, as I explained; she goes out of her way to do things for us when she serves us. And she DEFINITELY DOESN'T do the SAME to her other clients / customers that she serves.

She probably likes hanging out with your group. Do not take that as any indication of romantic feelings from her. You're so friend-zoned she dismissed your confession and carried on.

filler

Banned
I think that's it right there. Talk about taking advantage of the situation. I'm a generally very generous tipper as it is. And the fact that I'm a regular there as well.

Those other people don't tip as well and she probably feels comfortable around your group. She doesn't want your penis doe.

Aselith

She wants to "date" all of you. She's looking at nice gang bang.

Maybe you're a decent group of guys and she likes to talk with your group. Maybe she likes one of your friends and not you. There're many explanations that you are ignoring.

Nope.avi

She's working for tips nothing more that you even asked her out is pretty embarrassing inviting her to a party seems desperate.

frequency

A woman can like you without wanting to be romantic with you. It sounds like she's comfortable around your group. That's it. You asked her and she said no. So just accept it. Not every nice interaction with the other gender is a sign of something deeper.

And you can't know that she's not extra friendly with other customers too. Are you like... watching her all the time?

Futureman

Maybe you're a decent group of guys and she likes to talk with your group. Maybe she likes one of your friends and not you. There're many explanations that you are ignoring.

this is what I'm thinking. Just because she chats with you guys and pays more attention to your group... you're baffled she doesn't want to bang you? Work sucks, she's probably just passing the time... take that as a compliment that you guys are at least engaging.

And you can't know that she's not extra friendly with other customers too. Are you like... watching her all the time?

this

Some girls are teasy, ultra friendly, and have BF's. That's their personality.

I'd like to look at it as the same way as how guys become ultra relaxed around different girls once they have a girlfriend/relationship they want. You become a girl magnet but you might come off as a guy who's interested in her when you're really just teasing for fun and enjoying the company.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

this. I'm assuming you tip decently well. Don't get misled by friendly behavior.

Edit: Yeah i read back through the posts and you said you do. There's your explanation right there.

bjb

Banned

Really? Really? She's the waitress???

Really?

She was being nice and flirting to get that $$$ from you and you couldn't tell that?

Really?

Really?

This right here. No need to over analyze anything. You've been getting played while lusting after her.

The only worth-while discussion here is that she may be lying to you. Telling you she has a boyfriend, because she doesn't find you interesting or attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom