• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell BlackList Wii U - Futureshop/Bestbuy Canada pages up

Firest0rm

Posted this in the existing Nintendo E3 threads, but perhaps it deserves its own thread. Both Futureshop and Bestbuy in Canada are listing Splinter Cell Blacklist for the Wii U:

Futureshop page
BestBuy page

According to both pages the game is delivering to their warehouses 02/28/2013.

the other games listed for WiiU all have release dates listed as 12/31/13, so not sure if it means anything or if they just made an assumption.

This is far from official, sadly.

But we all kind of expect this dont we?

I think we will see alot of Q1 and spring games make the jump.

Zero148

WiiU Launch in October confirmed, so february is not in the launch window and blacklist was not announced at E3

are retailer listings even good sources?

Linkhero1

Can you link me? I haven't seen it.

That date is also listed for PS3/X360 games (including their versions of SC BL). It's just filler date.

It doesn't say Blacklist, but it was on this list. It was proven to be bogus and put together I believe.

mrJvr.jpg

Linkhero1

When did the picture pop up? If it was before Sunday then I don't think this is fake given that it lists Zombie (ZombiU?)

May 6, 2012.

I believe the guy who took snapshots of this said they put the list together.

It was claimed bogus by a manager but the fact a Manager knew about Zombiu months before its reveal is a little odd

I find it odd as well. I just realized Rayman Legends was on that list. When was Legends confirmed for the Wii U?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
May 6, 2012.

I find it odd as well. I just realized Rayman Legends was on that list. When was Legends confirmed for the Wii U?

April 27th.

donny2112

If it was before Sunday then I don't think this is fake given that it lists Zombie (ZombiU?)

Someone who helped put the list together for Blockbuster outright said it was just speculation.

That said, the BestBuy/Futureshop listing would be totally separate from anything Blockbuster was doing, so it could very well be true. Lack of many Wii U versions of third-party games at E3, so maybe they're just trickling in later.

It Begins.

/shangtsung

Firest0rm

How many of those games were announced prior to E3? The only game on that list that hasn't been shown at E3 as Wii U title is Splinter Cell. Who was the manager that said this was fake?

Linkhero1

If Splinter Cell Blacklist does indeed come for the Wii U, it will probably be mid-late next year. This isn't good at all if Ubisoft is waiting to see how well Legends and ZombiU will do.

April 27th.

I see. If it were confirmed after the list popped up then I would think it might have some merit to it. The Zombie game could have been a lucky guess. If RE6 ended up on the system, they could have claimed it was the Zombie game, though, there aren't many zombies in it.

Scott Moffit from Nintendo hinted that most 3rd party stuff will be coming to WiiU, so we'll probably see this game.

Interview
Q: You have some new games for hard-core gamers but I didn't see "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" for the Wii U. Can you get the core gamer if you don't have those titles on there?

A: E3 for us is all about games. We're focusing on that first pillar of the three pillars of what E3 can offer. Over 20 games were unveiled. That's a pretty broad lineup. But I can assure you even more games will be coming during the launch period so if there's a favorite game that gamers like, I think there's a good chance it will be coming to the platform. .... I would expect that gamers will see an immense array of first- and third-party content at launch.

Poyunch

My favorite game is Viewtiful Joe 3. Your move, Wii U.

Someone's probably just going to say P-100. >:[

soultron

Banned
Blacklist is coming out Spring 2013, according to Maxime Beland in the narrated E3 demo video.

Feb 28 seems too early.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
When has Scott Moffitt ever lied?

It was claimed bogus by a manager but the fact a Manager knew about Zombiu months before its reveal is a little odd

May 6, 2012.

It's funny looking back because I think we were saying/thinking it had to be fake because of the Zombie game on the list. :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I remember haha. It was the first thing people looked at. I don't know what to think anymore :(

Well, honestly, I'd be really surprised if the game didn't show up on Wii U considering the overwhelming support Ubisoft is giving it.

Also, the fact that the guy/team behind that list knew about "Zombie" might mean that they know what Ubisoft's up to.

So I choose to believe the list. It may not be 100% spot on (Shield Pose), but it's at least halfway there.

Linkhero1

Well, honestly, I'd be really surprised if the game didn't show up on Wii U considering the overwhelming support Ubisoft is giving it.

Ubisoft has not announced any titles for the Wii U after it's launch window except for Ghost Recon Online, so anything is possible. I'm just wondering why no Far Cry 3.

squicken

But..but this one is a real Far Cry game. :(

Could be that they don't want ports of already released games that don't take advantage of the tablet, and Ubi just doesn't have the time to do that with FC3?

Or the hardware can't handle it. We'll see

Linkhero1

Could be that they don't want ports of already released games that don't take advantage of the tablet, and Ubi just doesn't have the time to do that with FC3?

Or the hardware can't handle it. We'll see

Then why announce the Pro Controller and say it's for multiplatform gaming? I don't get what Nintendo is trying to do.

squicken

Then why announce the Pro Controller and say it's for multiplatform gaming? I don't get what Nintendo is trying to do.

That's a good point. It seems like FC3 would be the perfect game to show that games can be played on the system and that devs don't have to support the tablet.

I too, am confused by Nintendo's approach to E3. Microsoft had some weird restrictions on early 360 games. They wouldn't let Valve and id port HL2 and Doom3 as 360 launch games. Dumb decision of course since both of those games will end up on the platform, so maybe Nintendo has something similarly dumb that we can't figure out

I don't see why the idea of publishers putting their full support behind Wii U seems odd, even to me [which I confess to be obsessed with Nintendo]

how much is the cost of porting and publishing a game to a platform?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I remember also an article from a site stating it would have been a PS360U (eheheh) release, but then it has been removed. It's in the first thread opened about BlackList.

P.S. There's also Sports Connection on that screen, a game REALLY announced for Wii U. :D

Top Bottom