• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Origins (MvC + Marvel Super Heroes) coming to XBLA PSN September!

LordAlu

I feel you bro. I hated MVC2, even MVC was wearing a little thin for me. X-Men COTA, MSH, X-Men VS SF, and MSH VS SF are my games of the forever.

Coincidentally, I just got a copy of MSH VS SF for my Saturn today. Today is a good day.
I still have my Saturn hooked up to an old CRT and this game is pretty much exclusively in there. MvSF is still so much fun, even if it is completely unbalanced :p

SkylineRKR

I think the saturn port was arcade perfect if you had the ram cart. Right?

Absolutely not, sadly. Well, only if you played on Shuma gorath stage. I used to do that, watching Hulk's animations.

The cart added brilliant animations, but the increased slowdown was immense. Its really a bugged game, while all other Capcom efforts were solid at that time. The difficulty didn't work, the AI would always be easy. While the cab version was hard as hell. Saturn version was a shitty release. COTA, although it had no RAM cart support, was MUCH better and had a great AI also.

LakeEarth

Options not affecting Arcade mode (Though I wager that's less a bug and more a way to get people to pay to unlock Gill instead of mucking about with difficulty, round counts, timer, etc.), no way to play 4:3 without those stupid challenges on the screen, maybe a few other UI things I'm not remembering.

Last I checked they hadn't been fixed, and I don't think they were listed as being in the upcoming patch.

Seems like they are "confident" that they will have a fix for those two things.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/17/iro...trike-online-edition-patch-plans-and-details/

Option to disable the Challenge HUD from the sides in modes where they are visible
Rounds and Time Settings affect Arcade

BOTEC

I think the saturn port was arcade perfect if you had the ram cart. Right?

Nope, sadly. It allowed more (but still less than arcade perfect) frames of animation, but all that did was introduce heavy slowdown. I'll be getting this in hopes that MSH will be arcade perfect.

I just saw this on the MvC3 facebook page

484015_417807018257808_100660911_n.jpg

Holy shit that art is so bad

Oh god what the hell. Why do Doom and Mags look so dejected? What exactly are Spidey, War Machine and Chun Li attacking? Why are no two characters drawn with the same sense of perspective? AAAAAGH!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god what the hell. Why do Doom and Mags look so dejected? What exactly are Spidey, War Machine and Chun Li attacking? Why are no two characters drawn with the same sense of perspective? AAAAAGH!

Zero's DLC costume also looks weird as hell in that shot.

Clipse

Hope the ports are done well. I remember the XBL version of MvC2 having audio issues that the PSN one didn't have.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ the terrible art.

Although Megaman troll face is pretty hilarious.

Magneto is like the far opposite of being swag in that pic.

Captain America's MvC1 theme is my favorite in the series. It's the first theme that pops into my head whenever I think of the series.

3s looks great with scanlines, though.

3SO looks great to me with filters off and scanlines turned on. Scanlines make all the difference.

If this has the same configuration options, I see no problem.

I play the PS3 version with Saturn USB and since there is noticeable input lag I leave all the filters/scanlines off just to help whatever bit that might help. (unfiltered is extremely overly pixelated compared to original)

After playing PS2 3s on a CRT again, I'm never going back to 3s OE again. Difference was night and day, visuals and input response.

Can't wait to get infinited in the corner at the start of the match! MvC1 was fun but it's broken as shit and I can't see it being super fun online, but for local play it could be neat.

Solune

Captain America's MvC1 theme is my favorite in the series. It's the first theme that pops into my head whenever I think of the series.

MSH vs SF has the best Marvel Soundtrack, but I think Cap's MSH theme is the best. It's such a shame MSH vs SF isn't in this.

daemonic

Banned
Most likely will pass on this one. I played the hell out of both at the arcade back in the day. Great games but way too many others in my backlog to consider buying.

oh man, they need to change that art. it's fucking terrible. i do not want that art sitting in my xbox 360's games library.

and I thought the mvc2 XBLA cover art was bad...

vocab

People thought marvel 2 was bad with MSS, MSP, etc. Wait till you see MVC1 online. Strider and gold warmachine all day. Oh and maybe some red venom. MVc1 has some charm, but man its rough to go back to it. All that cryptic bullshit for assists, and hidden character select drives me insane.

MSH vs SF has the best Marvel Soundtrack, but I think Cap's MSH theme is the best. It's such a shame MSH vs SF isn't in this.

Really? Always thought MSHvSF was one of the worst soundtracks in the series, just below Marvel vs Capcom, with COTA and MSH tied for 1st.

Lulubop

People thought marvel 2 was bad with MSS, MSP, etc. Wait till you see MVC1 online. Strider and gold warmachine all day. Oh and maybe some red venom. MVc1 has some charm, but man its rough to go back to it. All that cryptic bullshit for assists, and hidden character select drives me insane.

That said, MSH is probably the best game in the series.

CPS2

Sweet! <3 mvc1.

This will likely end up using ggpo or some kind of rollback netcode that I'll actually be able to use too :D

It is a bit weird they didn't include xmvsf or mshvsf, and i guess that hints at a future release... I think out of those games the one that most people still like is xmvsf, but mvc is the one i used to play the most on dreamcast. All good i guess.

I never played these games. How does it work? Do you play it like MvC2 (character assists and tag-team mid battle) or like KOF where you play one at a time?

Rorschach

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/brelston/marvel_vs_capcom_origins/large/752bd02f85ed9f41e7553de72954f9c4.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
For a split second, I thought "Hey, they should put Chun Li in MVC3..." Then I remembered she was in it, but she was useless. Oh well, she had a nice 15 minute run where she was a good assist!

This is AWESOME news. Kinda sad we can't get a complete collection. I actually really like MSHvsSF (just really liked the Roster and the music, despite the themes being more "original" as opposed to familiar remixes)

The trailer mentions "In Game Rewards" I wonder if they'll throw in Mega Man's unlockable Shockwave from the PS1 version.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Doesn't this mean that they are still working with Marvel on some level? And that it's still possible for them to make changes/additions to UMvC3?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
wow...I am a freaking master at MVC1....never like 2 or 3 but 1 was my GAME!!!! .....Please be the arcade/dreamcast port!!!! ...MSH seems like an odd choice...I remember thinking that game didn't age well...in 1999. I don't think I can go back to that

dacuk

I'm in for MSH. Should be the first good home port, right? The Saturn version ran pretty slow which was surprising since every other Capcom fighter on the system ran awesome.

How did the PSX version fare?

Did you have the JAP version + Cartridge?

Toski

Glad to read this. MSH has the best Shuma, Hulk, and Iron Man theme. I'll be online on MvC1 with Spider-Man Venom getting bodied by Striderine and War Machine infinites.

Top Bottom