• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-e-f-

Banned
Has anyone actually thought that it's not just Nintendo putting up NDA's. The publishers use NDA's made by themselves quite alot at standalone press events that they don't tell the public about. They show a game off and ask journalists not to mention anything until a certain time and date.

yes sure but it's far more likely that Nintendo is the one NDA'ing everyone because all this stuff is very sensitive material in the ramp up to a platform launch.

To those complaining about ZombiU graphics in the new trailer... come on, you remember what the game looked like at the last convention. You remember the threads and comments about how much better it looked etc than the first reveal. Use your eyes and your brains. Think back to what you know of trailers for games and how many times shit footage is used to make promos (for some reason). The game will look great, just like it did in the off screen footage everyone was praising a few weeks ago. One look at this trailer and you can pretty obviously see its not final. I dont know why companies release trailers like this using old footage of games but they do. Count on it looking great on your tvs.

Publishers want early trailers to resemble any playable demos on the showroom floor, and early builds are used because they're stable. As demos are worked on they look better and are stable for future conventions and events.

As we get closer to release we'll see a demo with the same difference in quality between the E3 Nursery demo and the last new trailer we had recently. Might have said this before, getting my forums mixed up so apologies if I'm repeating myself lol

D-e-f-

Banned
About "Remember Me"
As for WiiU, this project was started many years ago, long before WiiU was even a twinkle in Nintendo's eye. We explored the idea of adding a SKU, but in the name of keeping the team focused and not adding dev tasks for the team to get up to speed on new hardware and time to the schedule, we've opted to keep it on the original platforms for which it was planned. - Christian Svensson

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap..._you_release_new_IPs_now&post_num=4#522998041

found with a lil' help of GoN!

Meelow

Banned
Capcom getting more hated everyday now.

As for WiiU, this project was started many years ago, long before WiiU was even a twinkle in Nintendo's eye. We explored the idea of adding a SKU, but in the name of keeping the team focused and not adding dev tasks for the team to get up to speed on new hardware and time to the schedule, we've opted to keep it on the original platforms for which it was planned. - Capcom's Christian Svensson

Their might of been a Wii U version of Remember Me but Capcom wanted to stay focus on the original platforms, if they don't give good support for Wii U I will join the hate Capcom train.

Edit: Beating

20.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
Capcom getting more hated everyday now.

Their might of been a Wii U version of Remember Me but Capcom wanted to stay focus on the original platforms, if they don't give good support for Wii U I will join the hate Capcom train.

Edit: Beating

As I said when this first came up today, it does make a lot of sense when you consider that this game is made by new studio as their first title. Adding another version for a new platform for such a studio would be a lot of extra work.

Meelow

Banned
As I said when this first came up today, it does make a lot of sense when you consider that this game is made by new studio as their first title. Adding another version for a new platform for such a studio would be a lot of extra work.

Than maybe Nintendo will publish the Wii U version of it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Than maybe Nintendo will publish the Wii U version of it.

Someone still has to make that. Even those ports of old games (Batman, ME3) are handled by other, contracted studios and not the original team. But since those games are complete and finished, it's certainly a lot easier than porting something over while the game is still being made by a completely different studio.

I'd love this to come over (in an ideal world, Wii U would just get every multiplat game) but I can totally understand why it wouldn't.

Meelow

Banned
Someone still has to make that. Even those ports of old games (Batman, ME3) are handled by other, contracted studios and not the original team. But since those games are complete and finished, it's certainly a lot easier than porting something over while the game is still being made by a completely different studio.

I'd love this to come over (in an ideal world, Wii U would just get every multiplat game) but I can totally understand why it wouldn't.

I'm tired of it though, I just want the Wii U to get the third party support and Nintendo keeping everything so secret is not helping.

jacksrb

It's so tiring, why can't Nintendo just show us the games now?, it's like they want no hype for Wii U until the last minute.

They can't stomp on the 3DS XL and NSMB2 launch.

After that breathes, maybe we will hear more on Wii U.

OT, I am sad that Luigi's Mansion slipped to 2013...

It's really rather odd that I don't feel any hype for Wii U at all. I'm definitely going to be there at launch because I know that there are games worth having, but I'm not feeling it just yet. I was ready for Wii before E3 2006. Then again, I was also waiting what felt like years for Twilight Princess.

Nintendo's secrecy doesn't really frustrate me now. I have no doubt hype will come, but as of now, I don't feel any of it at all. Therefore, I'm actually going to fine with the wait until September for even the release. Sure, I'd love to see the next Mario, Super Smash Bros., and Zelda, but I'm glad Nintendo didn't show it if they didn't plan on keeping us up to date. It makes the wait much easier.

prag16

Banned
Wow I'm such a giant negative asshole.

Yes, you actually still are. Your point?

Just because you lucked out and happened to have your theory confirmed by Capcom in this case, you STILL WERE making the most negative possible assumption based on the information we had.

RAWi

Somebody make up a rumor for me. I wanna hype. Too much downing right now.

Nintendo is behind SKYNET!

Everything is part of their plans!!! The Gamepad, the Wii U, the NDAs, the people, the gamers, everything!! Including the Regginator and the Nin-jas!

Run as far as you can. Wii U is the Angel of Death bringing the Apocalypse.

:D my sources are reliable :D

It's really rather odd that I don't feel any hype for Wii U at all. I'm definitely going to be there at launch because I know that there are games worth having, but I'm not feeling it just yet. I was ready for Wii before E3 2006. Then again, I was also waiting what felt like years for Twilight Princess.

Nintendo's secrecy doesn't really frustrate me now. I have no doubt hype will come, but as of now, I don't feel any of it at all. Therefore, I'm actually going to fine with the wait until September for even the release. Sure, I'd love to see the next Mario, Super Smash Bros., and Zelda, but I'm glad Nintendo didn't show it if they didn't plan on keeping us up to date. It makes the wait much easier.

I agree with you. But i wouldn't worry about the no hype feeling yet. Nintendo are amazing at creating hype and buzz right before a product launches. Just look at what happened with Skyward Sword and kid icarus 2 months before their launch

D-e-f-

Banned
New ZombiU Trailer thread is already down the drain. Graphic shitstorm starts on PAGE F´ING 1!

This needs to stop! >-(

That whole graphics discussion needs to take a serious backseat (doesn't make sense but I needed another word for emphasis). Last week's Super Joystiq podcast had some listener questions about Wii U and one of the first things that came from the editors was "is Wii U really next gen? To me, it is current gen - I don't see a difference." The whole leaps and bounds better visuals or we can't take it serious-thing needs to get outta here. What's funny is that people have NOTHING to compare against, yet they claim it's worse than something nobody has seen.

When is the nearest date for more news?

Still a possible end-of-August Nintendo Direct. if not that, then it's Nintendo's annual pre-TGS event from the days when there was no Nintendo Direct.

Yeah just looked it up and it's not from Japan. Being developed by Dontnod Entertainment which is based out of Paris, so a Western developer.

New studio founded by former Criterion guys! (talked about that a few pages ago, keep up, guys :p)

Roo

It's so tiring, why can't Nintendo just show us the games now?, it's like they want no hype for Wii U until the last minute.

They must be pretty confident about what they're doing.
But I know, somehow it will backfire. They always manage to shoot themselves in the foot
sad but true

btw.. I just saw that NFS: MW gameplay trailer... do we know if it's coming to Wii U?

Van Owen

Banned
Yes, you actually still are. Your point?

Just because you lucked out and happened to have your theory confirmed by Capcom in this case, you STILL WERE making the most negative possible assumption based on the information we had.

I guess one man's "negative" is another man's "realistic".

Like all my opinions regarding Wii U, I used the info presented and some common sense.

AzaK

So I'm seeing Fifa 13 on PS3 and the Wii U version looks much better graphically.
Is there a comparison vid somewhere?

Two possiblities:

1) They want info out as close to release as possible to maintain hype
2) They actually don't have much more of the types of games we're talking about

New ZombiU Trailer thread is already down the drain. Graphic shitstorm starts on PAGE F´ING 1!
This needs to stop! >-(

The fact that threads end up like this so far, is a moderation problem (Second to the idiots themselves who post)

jmizzal

If games like Remember Me were coming out this Fall I can maybe understand no WiiU version from a small studio, but a lot of these games are coming out next year.

I really cant wait for this Sept Conf from Nintendo to see the 2013 support, we are gonna see which Publishers are full of it and which ones are supporting the platform.

Disappointing. Oh well, pretty much par for course.

Although its worrying to see so few companies wanting to take that extra step to get games on the Wii U, dont feel too bad because most of these games Wii U isnt getting are almost for certain going to be turds encased in a diamond shell.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The fact that threads end up like this so far, is a moderation problem (Second to the idiots themselves who post)

What do you propose they do? I agree that it's getting a little out of hand, but you can't ban people from having an opinion.

I think the people that are calling the graphics outright bad are crazy though.

Meelow

Banned
Is there a comparison vid somewhere?

Two possiblities:

1) They want info out as close to release as possible to maintain hype
2) They actually don't have much more of the types of games we're talking about

No, I saw it from the Sony conference.

And hopefully it's the first, I just want these games on Wii U, is that too much to ask?.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some potential Polish third party support from The Farm 51 Group:

Original excerpt (maybe someone here knows Polish and can provide a better translation than the one posted after this segment):

W kwietniu 2012r. The Farm 51 Group zakończyło procedury związane z uzyskaniem statusu oficjalnego developera gier na platformy Microsoft Xbox 360 i Sony PlayStation 3. W drodze pozytywnie zakończonej weryfikacji osiągnięć zespołu Emitenta i jego potencjału do tworzenia wysokiej jakości produktów na najbardziej prestiżowe obecnie platformy wydawania gier, Emitent pozyskał możliwość samodzielnego produkowania nowych tytułów jako niezależny podmiot, co jest jednym z kluczowych założeń strategii związanej z wprowadzeniem na rynek gry „Adventurer” i przyszłych autorskich projektów.

W czerwcu 2012r. podobna procedura została zakończona względem koncernu Nintendo, trzeciego z największych podmiotów na rynku stacjonarnych konsol. The Farm 51 Group uzyskało status oficjalnego developera gier na konsolę Wii U, której premiera jest planowanaw czwartym kwartale 2012r. Należy tu nadmienić, że w odróżnieniu od platform Xbox 360 i PlayStation 3, które są dostępne na rynku od kilku lat, możliwość tworzenia gier na na najnowszą konsolę Wii U przed planowaną premierą rynkową platformy jest udostępniana tylko wyselekcjonowanym developerom, którzy planują wydanie w najbliższych latach tytułów szczególnie interesujących dla Nintendo. W tym przypadku analizowana była nie tylko historia, doświadczenie i obecny status Emitenta, ale także potencjał rynkowy kolejnych produktów. Emitent podjął to działanie we współpracy z wydawcą Nordic Games, w ramach planów obejmujących wyprodukowanie i wydanie nowych gier z cyklu „Painkiller” na konsolę Wii U.

Translated excerpt (via Google Translate, but improved by me to best capability), interesting part in bold:

In April of 2012. The Farm 51 Group completed the procedure of obtaining status as official developer of games for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3. By way of a successful team performance verification of the Issuer and its potential to creating high quality products at the most prestigious platform for issuing today games, the Issuer acquired the possibility of self-production of new titles as an independent entity, which is one of the key objectives of the strategy associated with the launch of the game "Adventurer" and future original projects.

In June of 2012. A similar procedure has been completed regarding Nintendo, the third largest operator in the stationary consoles market. The Farm 51 Group developer has obtained an official game development license for the Wii U, whose premiere is planned in the fourth quarter of 2012. It should be noted that unlike the Xbox 360 platform and PlayStation 3, which are available on the market for several years, the opportunity to create games for the Wii U before the planned market launch is made ​​available only to developers who are are planning to release titles in the coming years particularly of interest to Nintendo. In this case, not only the history but experience and current status of the issuer was analyzed, as well as the market potential for future products. The issuer has taken this action in cooperation with the publisher Nordic Games, in plans involving production and release of new games in the series "Painkiller" for the Wii U.

Source: http://d.iplsc.com/ebi/35773/Raport_IIQ_2012-08gotowy.pdf

That regarding Nintendo allowing only development of titles interesting for them is noteworthy. If the translation is somewhat accurate that is.

jmizzal

They can't stomp on the 3DS XL and NSMB2 launch.

After that breathes, maybe we will hear more on Wii U.

OT, I am sad that Luigi's Mansion slipped to 2013...

Was the 3DSXL really needed right before the WiiU launch?

They couldve saved that for after March 2013 and gave the WiiU the whole Fall and start of next year.

3DS got way more hype leading up until its release date, it had about 3 dedicated conferences, while looks like WiiU will only get one in Sept.

Meelow

Banned

They couldve saved that for after March 2013 and gave the WiiU the whole Fall and start of next year.

3DS got way more hype leading up until its release date, it had about 3 dedicated conferences, while looks like WiiU will only get one in Sept.

And the Nintendo Direct conference.

And the Wii U will have 4 conferences, E3 2011, E3 2012, Nintendo Direct, and Fall Conference.

Rösti;41028909 said:
That regarding Nintendo allowing only development of titles interesting for them is noteworthy. If the translation is somewhat accurate that is.

What does that really mean?.

What do you propose they do? I agree that it's getting a little out of hand, but you can't ban people from having an opinion.

The problem is not having opinions; the problem is that people care too much about other people's opinions and start derailing the thread with unnecessary discussion.

jmizzal

Rösti;41028909 said:
Here's some potential Polish third party support from The Farm 51 Group:

Original excerpt (maybe someone here knows Polish and can provide a better translation than the one posted after this segment):

Translated excerpt (via Google Translate, but improved by me to best capability), interesting part in bold:

Source: http://d.iplsc.com/ebi/35773/Raport_IIQ_2012-08gotowy.pdf

http://www.gram.pl/art_9gPlH,5_Adventurer_przygodowy_FPS_z_Polski_wrazenia_z_pokazu.html

Here is a link to some pics, they say its like a FP Uncharted and Tomb Raider, it looks that way too
Edit I dont know if this is that is the WiiU game, it says that game is called Adventurer, the WiiU game says painkiller up there

D-e-f-

Banned

No because they really need the 3DS to make money. The thing is JUST starting to be sold at a profit after last year's price fiasco. The 3DS XL exists to refresh customer interest with a new design and the whole "bigger screens!!!" thing. That's why NSMB2 is launching alongside it. I bet this game exists solely to push the 3DS out of the reds into the blacks and thus clear the table for Wii U.

jmizzal

And the Nintendo Direct conference.

And the Wii U will have 4 conferences, E3 2011, E3 2012, Nintendo Direct, and Fall Conference.

I'm not including E3's for 3DS, i'm talking conferences by Nintendo where they only talked about 3DS and nothing else.

If you wanna count the pre E3 Nintendo direct ok, but they had a year long build up to 3DS launch where WiiU has been much more quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom