• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lame. The real joy of Oddball Swordbase is rushing the ball to Operations and winning 150-0 while making mince meat out of anybody coming through Yellow Lift Hall and the Atrium->Operations door/ramp. It's called an Oddfection. Oddball carrier taunting at the window is a must.

Youre a good player but you really need to evolve...this nerdy do gooder thing you got going is balls. If you ever wanna dong with Team Downer lemme know.

/peer-pressure.

GhaleonEB

You've said this before (and so have I), but it's worth repeating as we get closer to 343 revealing the launch playlists.

It really comes down to one thing: players who don't like all the new additions and changes 343 has made will not be satisfied with one 4v4 playlist that will most likely be slayer. If I don't like the mods and the AAs, I'm going to want more than a 4v4 playlist that will most likely be slayer. I'd want classic BTB, and maybe a 4v4 objective playlist if I don't like the changes 343 has made to objective gametypes.

Of course, 343 could keep classic playlists to one, no matter the demand for more.

Though I just thought of a solution that could make everyone happy. This'll ensure variety for players who only want to play classic playlist in matchmaking and keep it to one playlist so as to not fragment the player base. 343 could switch out the classic playlist with every monthly update.

November 2012: Classic Slayer (4v4)
December 2012: Classic BTB
January 2012: Classic Objective (4v4)

And so on...

That's one possibility. I echo the sentiment Steely made about imposing the developer's vision for their game on the matchmaking playlists. I think Reach illustrated the challenges of trying to straddle the line (though they were doing a three way split between "classic", "vanilla" and "TU").

Rotating classic playlists is a reasonable solution, though I would hope for more variety in any rotating playlists, ala Halo 3.

The Bulletin noted that there will be playlists not featuring armor mods, which I took to mean a more stripped down Slayer. We have Infinity Slayer, which could be well distinguished from say, Team Slayer which could feature a more stripped down starting set (no armor mods, no load outs) to mirror the older Halo games, without making a host of tweaks to base traits and such to try and create a "classic" experience. It would be more about offering a somewhat more stripped down version. But you gotta fight playlist creep when doing so.

I go through all this and end up with Steely: create a vision. Roll with that vision while still crafting a few niches that reflect some community preferences (Grifball, MLG).

Ctrl+f Gamescom

Not trying to be funny but you asked about 50 times and every time you got zero answer.

Microsoft said they would not be at gamescon and its safe to assume that means no Halo.

I feel bad for you son, i really do if i had a local con and halo 4 wasn't their id be disappointed aswell but you had the next best thing to confirmation it was not there which was no confirmation its there. If Halo 4 was at gamescon you would of known.

I am definitely coming to Yerp with Halos this year, before launch. I even have a Yerpan passport because I am from Yerp. The best part of Yerp. The TOP of Yerp.
After hoodie or before hoodie? After hoodie, correct?

Shit. Bravo is a guest on the next HaloGAF radio? Wait did I drop a megaton?

I feel ya Robbert, we Europe people get no love.
I was going to contradict this, but yes, in comparision to Halo's American sexing, we don't.
STOP HAUNTING ME
Where are your apologetic tears?!? You were one of us! A Gael! Now you're one of them.
I am definitely coming to Yerp with Halos this year, before launch. I even have a Yerpan passport because I am from Yerp. The best part of Yerp. The TOP of Yerp.
Wouldn't Scanda... ah doesn't matter.

Risen

Youre a good player but you really need to evolve...this nerdy do gooder thing you got going is balls. If you ever wanna dong with Team Downer lemme know.

/peer-pressure.

I have personally watched Rich... and Claude (where you at WU?!) Hold an objective (true story if careful with perspective... well, except Wu actually did it with a flag... on Zealot... in their basement.

And...

My plans would be to totally go to H4 were it to be at MLG Dallas... as long as I had cool people to play with.

Rules you out Ray...

As in you still play them or you realized addiction doesn't = fun, and stopped cause you weren't getting any sun?
As in it's really fun and I enjoy playing it, but then I just need to unlock shit. And I can stop for a while after it stops being fun due to netcode or spawns or other such cod bullshit, but I get sucked in for each new release

Anybody else think black ops 2 actually looks worth buying? I haven't bought a COD game since original MW. Why does it have to come out so close to halo 4? I can't play 2 mp games at once! Or can I...

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 numba 1 yaaay

One of the reasons why I don't think unlocking everything should take months worth of playtime.. Gotta be realistic here 343!

Am I the only person who barely pays attention to music in games and movies? Every so often there's a stand out track, but usually I don't even register it. People finding similarities between the Back to the Future theme and the music in the IGN vid yesterday are blowing my mind, cause I didn't really even notice the music in either.

Music is a HUGE deal for me in games and movies. The Amazing Spider-Man (most recent example) would've been so much better had it not been for the horribly placed audio throughout the movie.. Imagine Halo without its memorable music?

Good music makes :] turn to :D and :[ to :''''[

Bad music makes ;\ turn to playing something else (or at least not memorable)

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Was the question of why the secondary weapon did not have an icon in the hud answered yet? Seems like current builds do not have it either.

You guys keep talking about two different play-styles: infinity and classic. But shouldn't we be considering 3? Infinity has personal ordnance while regular has the global ordnance system; add in a bare-bones "classic" experience and that's 3 variants on slayer.

Are we just assuming that infinity and regular (global ordnance) will exist as separate voting options in the same playlist while "classic" will be a separate playlist/playlist cluster? If not done properly, this could balloon outward to an extreme amount of playlists. Throw a ranked/social structure in the mix and things get crazy. It will be interesting seeing how this is done come Novemeber since 343 promises a streamlined playlist experience.

All the 'Early Entry' tickets are sold out. Full day tickets for the saturday are running out according to the site. Every other ticket's green though.

Me starting a new job and GF cannot get the time off work. It's a real shame, i had to cancel my PAX plans and now this.

I would love to me some of you guys in person. I think i even have some kind of "dare" with sai about a soda can and stuff.

Me starting a new job and GF cannot get the time off work. It's a real shame, i had to cancel my PAX plans and now this.

I would love to me some of you guys in person. I think i even have some kind of "dare" with sai about a soda can and stuff.

As would I, but I ain't gonna be able to scrape up funds this time around. There'll be more chances I'm sure.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really only notice it in movies or games if it's amazing/good or bad. If it's just ok then I'm just not paying attention to it. All of my favorite movies and games have memorable soundtracks. It's a big part of the experience for me.

Music is a HUGE deal for me in games and movies. The Amazing Spider-Man (most recent example) would've been so much better had it not been for the horribly placed audio throughout the movie.. Imagine Halo without its memorable music?

Good music makes :] turn to :D and :[ to :''''[

Bad music makes ;\ turn to playing something else (or at least not memorable)
Somehow it just doesn't have a big impact on me. I either don't notice it, or am actually bothered by it. I usually turn off music whenever I can. Even in Skyrim, which had absolutely gorgeous music, I hated how it would give away an impending dragon attack, for example.

Halo is one of the few cases where the music has really stood out to me. At first, with CE, it was because the tribal music and space monks were so damn weird, haha. But it eventually grew on me, and Marty's work continued to diversify (and, at times, improve) as the series went on.

I could count the number of movie OSTs that have stood out to me on one hand, probably. Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Indian Jones, Star Wars... And that's about it. I can't think of any other memorable examples off the top of my head.

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, heh.

Woorloog

Banned
Watching the Magic Behind Halo 4 again.
Wait, what? These guys (on the left) are not re-imagined ODSTs but Spartan IVs?
One can be seen at 2:14 in the BTS video. Definetly looks like Mjolnir armor.
So... does that mean the default Mjolnir GEN2 helmet looks kinda rectangular ODST helmet?

I'm not even sure what an Irish Halo event would look like. Probably it would be small.

Drunken Spartan cosplayers.

senador

Banned
Well, you haven't mention Gamescom since July the 20th so either you said it before that date or you answered the question after July 20th but you didn't mention Gamescom in the sentence. Even though you said it once, did you never ever see my post asking the question these past few weeks? If you did, I imagine it wouldn't have been to much trouble to answer my question, no?

What the fuck really? I remember reading they wouldn't be there, but why is it on them? You can check the schedules yourself. Do you really think Frank can read every post and answer you specifically?

IHaveIce

Banned

and not visit one of "Yerp"'s biggest gaming Conventions. :(

USA a lot of hands on. Europe?.. Eurogamer only? (till now).. cool, the part of Europe where you can't go by car so easily.

You guys keep talking about two different play-styles: infinity and classic. But shouldn't we be considering 3? Infinity has personal ordnance while regular has the global ordnance system; add in a bare-bones "classic" experience and that's 3 variants on slayer.

Are we just assuming that infinity and regular (global ordnance) will exist as separate voting options in the same playlist while "classic" will be a separate playlist/playlist cluster? If not done properly, this could balloon outward to an extreme amount of playlists. Throw a ranked/social structure in the mix and things get crazy. It will be interesting seeing how this is done come Novemeber since 343 promises a streamlined playlist experience.

I've been wondering this same thing for a while now.. Almost blacked out from being overwhelmed at the amount of options/modes/types/etc. there might be..

At first, with CE, it was because the tribal music and space monks were so damn weird, haha. <--lol so true

I could count the number of movie OSTs that have stood out to me on one hand, probably. Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Indian Jones, Star Wars... And that's about it. I can't think of any other memorable examples off the top of my head.

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, heh.

Maybe you'll like this, pretty smooth Jurassic Park remix

"We are bringing Richard Dean Anderson to Ireland, which will be his first time in the country, for the launch, as the characters he has played such as MacGyver are heroes and pop culture phenomena like Master Chief. Both are ordinary individuals who, despite insurmountable odds, have stepped up to the challenge to come out of extraordinary situations. There is already huge excitement about his upcoming appearance."

Holy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom